Meeting Her

EXO SERIES: How To Fall For Park Chanyeol [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

>>CHANYEOL'S POV<<

For the first time, Ha Rin and Dong Hyuk didn't go playing after self-study. We went to my place after the short studying session at school and began our first group studying as three. I didn't go to academy today, but I had to leave them again for training later. Ha Rin went straight to the kitchen and made some instant food for us to eat.

"No studying without any energy, right?" Ha Rin asked and set the pot carefully down on the table. "Let's eat!"

"Yeol-ah, is your sister at home?" Dong Hyuk wanted to know but I shook my head. She was at university to attend her classes. We had the house for us until my parents would come back home from work. "Ha Rin, how much time did your mother give you to improve your grades?"

"She wasn't specific. Just getting through the exams, she doesn't expect me to excel in every subject." Ha Rin explained and I recalled my conversation with Ha Rin's mother a few days ago. I had walked to the station with my new trainee friends because some of them didn't live in a dormitory. And when I arrived home, I went over to the Seongs to see if Ha Rin was at home or still out with Dong Hyuk. How would I know? It was the weekend already and I believed Ha Rin wouldn't be back early. Her mother was there and asked me to help Ha Rin out. I don't know if I'm the right person for that, but if it means having an excuse to be productive and actually study after school, why not?

After the delicious meal, we entered my bedroom and occupied different seats. It was mostly quiet while we were studying, but it wasn't an awkward kind of silence. We'd answer each other's questions if possible and went through the subjects together despite being in three different classes. I can live with that kind of studying. We might not be good at it, every one of us, but having my friends here made it more comfortable. It depends on the person. Some people were the type of person to study alone and isolated, and I was the type of person who preferred group studying.

We studied until Ha Rin decided she couldn't focus anymore and changed the topic. "Chanyeol, you promised to introduce us to that one girl from academy. When will we meet her?"

I completely forgot about that. Oh boy. Meeting her. I haven't found the opportunity yet to arrange a whole meeting. I had shown them a picture of the girl as well, so I couldn't randomly ask anyone. "She's in second year now. She is sort of busy, you know."

Ha Rin rolled her eyes. "She will find a day to meet us, it's not hard. We only want to make sure she won't break your little heart and you won't end up crying in a corner. I won't console you then." Dong Hyuk just laughed and didn't say anything else.

"Just go back to studying." I said, coughing slightly. "Don't worry, you will meet her soon. Maybe in a few days, I don't know." I claimed and turned my attention to the book. I hope she will help me out. Or maybe Ha Rin and Dong Hyuk have already forgotten how she looked like. I'm not prepared for what's to come.

>>HA RIN'S POV<<

"Promise me you won't do anything to her." Chanyeol said as we arrived at the entrance of his house. I nodded not really listening to him and waited impatiently because he wouldn't open the door. It was just me today. Dong Hyuk attended his own sport activities today at some academy, so he couldn't come. I'm going to report everything to Dong Hyuk anyway. Chanyeol and I went straight home today and he would attend his dance classes on another day. "Seong Ha Rin." 

"No worries." I assured Chanyeol and opened the door myself. Now let's see who that girl is Park Chanyeol brought. I don't even know her name yet. "Where is she?"

"She should be here soon." Chanyeol glanced at his phone and scratched the back of his head. I guess he is nervous. "But I'm serious. She is the first girl I'm bringing over so try to act as normally as possible."

Wow, thanks. Then what am I? I'm practically living here so he has a point. I rolled my eyes. "Have some trust in me. I'm not going to scare her off. Maybe winning her on my side at the most."

There was a ringing from the door and Chanyeol sprinted over to open it. "Chanyeol-ah!" I heard a female voice and walked over to greet the older girl. "You must be Ha Rin?"

"Yes, it's nice to meet you, I'm Seong Ha Rin. We are friends." I introduced myself and smiled, bowing my head slightly. 

"I'm Jo Dasom. I go to the same academy as Chanyeol." Jo Dasom, that's your name, I see. Chanyeol could've told me in advance. She entered the house and we took a seat in the living room. I nudged Chanyeol to remind him of taking care of his guest. He disappeared in the kitchen and left the two of us alone.

Dasom. She seems gentle, polite, probably smart as well, I can't judge that. How on earth did Chanyeol manage to invite her to his house? "I really wanted to meet you. You can drop the honorifics."

"Okay, I will." Dasom chuckled and we soon engaged into an interesting conversation. She was in second year but at a different school. Apparently, she was the first person Chanyeol talked to after joining the academy this year. "But enough about me, Chanyeol and you have always been together. You know more than I do about him, I envy you."

I guess so. I heard some kind of worry out of her voice so I made sure she wouldn't misunderstand. "Nothing to be envious about. Honestly, I wish it wasn't the case. We are neighbours and go to the same school, we grew up together but it's just that. Can I ask you something? Why exactly do you like Chanyeol?"

Dasom laughed at my question and smiled. "He is a funny and lively person. Chanyeol has many charms and talents. You know I'm older than him by a year, it makes him cute, too."

I tried my best not to throw up and grimace at all the compliments. I asked her so I was also to blame. Nodding my head slowly in response, I wondered when Chanyeol would return. He made us some tea but excused himself again and hasn't returned yet. Chanyeol was the one being worried about me doing something to this sister, and now he was leaving us alone? I might not agree on everything Dasom said about Chanyeol, but I didn't ruin her fantasy of him either. She does seem like a nice person.

"You don't mind me telling you all of this, do you? I know you're friends and everything but I don't want to barge in between your friendship." Dasom added, the concern visible in her expression. I thought I already told her.

"Please don't misunderstand our relationship. We are seriously just friends, not only him and I, we are actually three but our other friend couldn't come today. Chanyeol can be annoying but he is a good friend." I replied, my frustrations increasing. It was incredibly annoying how often people assumed Chanyeol and I were dating because we were friends of opposite gender. Why always Chanyeol though? Why not Yoo Dong Hyuk who is as close to me as a friend like Chanyeol? Except for the neighbour part. After repeatingly explaining we were nothing beyond friends, I tried to understand their reasons for asking, but at the end, it was none of their business.

"But you know, it always starts from being friends. Be it best or childhood friends." Dasom added and her smile turned to a sympathetic one. If she's trying to get something out of me, she won't. I felt like it wasn't a topic worth discussing about. 

Then luckily, Chanyeol came back and joined us in the living room. "Are you two getting along? Dasom, was Ha Rin rude in any way?" I can't believe he is actually asking her. 

"Don't worry, Chanyeol-ah. Everything's fine." Dasom responded and touched his shoulder lightly. That moment, the main door was opened and Yoo Ra entered, looking utterly confused over the appearance of our new guest. Chanyeol likely hasn't told his sister yet. Yoo Ra would anyway. We watched my uselessly tall friend getting up from his seat at the speed of light and dragging Yoo Ra into her bedroom.

I smirked. Chanyeol was likely flustered and didn't know how to explain what was happening. I'm going to tell Yoo Ra later. She will find out from me like Dong Hyuk. This is so much fun. 

"Ha Rin-ah, since you are our Chanyeol's close friend, I'd like to make sure it's alright for you if we should date each other." Jo Dasom broke the silence again. She appeared kind of nervous, but the gentle smile on her face never faded away. She was right about us getting along so far, but I couldn't tell whether she was testing me or pretending to be nice in front of Chanyeol. I'm not one to categorise people, if it's about my friends, I want to make sure she won't break Chanyeol's ittle heart but honestly if they should go out, I couldn't care less.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter