Way To Go

EXO SERIES: How To Fall For Park Chanyeol [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: STILL EDITING

---

>>Ha RIN'S POV<<

"He's smiling again." Kyungsoo said before chewing his food. I agreed to him and smiled a weak smile. "But you are not. You're trying at least. Look at him, two days ago he was depressed and didn't want to talk to anyone." Dong Hyuk had even asked me if we stopped fighting. I just changed the subject without giving him an answer. I told Dong Hyuk the other day and Kyungsoo knew either. 

"Are you alright, Ha Rin?" Kyungsoo asked me whereupon I nodded my head. "He seems to be smiling with the others and I notice his normal self too. But with you, you didn't talk to him?" I didn't need to answer him for Kyungsoo to know. He let out a deep sigh and got up, smiling at me. "Let's go and catch them up. We can't be the last ones, right?" 

With that, Kyungsoo and I did what we were supposed to do every morning. The three kids were faster than us, of course, and have probably arrived at the campsite already.

"So you're following Dong Hyuk now or what?" I questioned Kyungsoo still on our way. I was sure we would arrive soon although I thought that the same five minutes ago. "Isn't it hard?" 

Kyungsoo laughed at my question. "It is hard. You're the first one to know, I didn't start too long ago." I should feel honored. He hasn't told the others about it yet, but me. This was probably the perfect occasion for him. "I didn't want to let anyone else know too except for our friends. I quietly want to live. I mean, what if I might fail later? I wouldn't want to get teased for it." 

"Our last year. Isn't it a bit sad?" Dong Hyuk asked everyone around. It was, but somehow it wasn't. I was aware that I had to decide what to do after graduation, when I would be thrown into the adult world. It felt like everyone had a path they wanted to go, but me. 

My gaze fell on Chanyeol. He was back to normal. The past weeks I have noticed his bad mood, he would ignore me sometimes and get upset at me. But not even once, he had talked to me directly. We were always together with the others. 

"Ha Rin, what about you?" Chanyeol questioned me suddenly. I nodded absent-mindedly and smiled. I hadn't listened to what they were saying. "There's some river in this area. It's quite far from here, but whatever." When I asked them again what they had planned, they explained they wanted to go fishing. They wouldn't return until they would catch one fish. I couldn't believe to what I have agreed just now. Only to go fishing, they were so childish. As if even one fish would want to get caught by these kids. 

The walk to the river took us at least half an hour. "We'll just use our hands to catch them." I watched Baekhyun happily saying this and I didn't know if they were serious or not. We neither had anything to really catch any fish nor did we know how to do that. Besides, I doubted there were any fish in the water. And it was still cold despite the season.

"How could you think you could catch here anything?" I shouted after walking around a bit. There was no one around here, of course not. There was nothing in the water, it wasn't even clear, it was cold and no one would even dare to think about camping here at this place. We came here after half an hour, waited for half an hour for nothing.

"Yah, who could know that fishing wasn't able here?" Chanyeol shouted back causing me to shout something else back. I fought a smile and shot him a glare. Chanyeol and I talked and fought as if nothing happened, I was glad. 

"Ha Rin-ah, we should be back for lunch because it's the girls' turn again." Kyungsoo mentioned all of a sudden. I pouted, slowly starting to return to the campsite. I didn't want to receive a punishment so I planned on going back and join the others without the teachers' noticing. Kyungsoo followed me and so did the others after a while. They were walking behind us so I could comfortably talk to Kyungsoo without them hearing us. 

"You won't receive any punishment. The teacher doesn't even notice it when you sleep in class." Kyungsoo said laughing and encouraged me. "Even if, you won't take the punishment alone. By the way, what are you going to do after the trip? I mean when we are going back to school. You'll see him literally every second." He whispered the last part because they might hear us. 

I shrugged my shoulders. "Just like always." And I'd figure out my feelings too. 

''You two can't be serious. How can you always fight even when I am next to you?" Chanyeol let out a sigh and dragged Ha Neul oppa away from me. A few weeks after the class trip, everything went back to normal. 

"Oppa, I'll study later I'm telling you. There's still a lot of time left until the final exams." I told my brother and rolled my eyes at him. Ha Neul oppa was nagging at me again. In high school, he would always be first place in his class, maybe our whole school. He was too similiar to Chanyeol. 

"Chanyeol-ah, make sure she really does." Ha Neul oppa said before disappearing in his room. And my brother also found out that Chanyeol used to tutor me once in a while. One time, he simply walked into my bedroom, not knowing how to knock and caught Chanyeol helping me with our studies. That was way before the class trip, and the confession. Ha Neul oppa laughed at me for this and teased me, but now he was all serious. 

I walked over to Chanyeol's house hoping to see Yoora eonni but she was busy studying. Chanyeol walked into his bedroom while I entered Yoora eonni's room to check if she was even at home. Eating my lollipop, I was glad to see her sitting at her desk. 

"Eonni, are you studying?" I questioned and looked over her shoulder. "Aigoo, this is really much." Yoora eonni studied to become an announcer one day. I admired her for that. I would see her on TV a lot if it worked out for her. 

"Aren't you studying with Chanyeol today?" Yoora eonni asked me but I shook my head. "Ha Rin, make sure to study though. How do you want to get a job then or graduate?" She teased me causing me to laugh. 

"I'll earn a lot of money." I assured my friend. "And if not, Chanyeol or Ha Neul oppa will surely help me out. Anyway, I'll let you study and go to Chanyeol." Yoora eonni nodded her head and smiled before I left her bedroom. Just like Ha Neul oppa, I bursted into his room and jumped on his back. Luckily he was still in there otherwise it could've ended badly. 

"Yah, get off! And learn how to knock first." Chanyeol shouted and I jumped down, innocently apologizing to him. "What do you want? I'm busy." 

"Tch, as if you were doing something." I said and looked around. "You still have this there?" Chanyeol turned around to see where I was looking at. A poster. "What's so great about her that you even have her on your wall?" 

"I just like her. She is pretty." Chanyeol responded whereupon I just raised my eyebrows at him. "I will meet her one day, I'm telling you. Just wait." Sandara Park from 2NE1. I couldn't understand what Chanyeol liked about her.

"And what are you going to do when you meet her? This is never going to happen." I answered trying to convince him from his dream which would never come true. Chanyeol would have to be really lucky then. "Don't you think having her on your wall is enough?" Chanyeol shook his head firmly. I let out a dry laugh. "I never knew you were such a fanboy." 

Chanyeol crossed his arms. "Well, I am a really huge fan of her but that's everything." There was a short silence before he spoke up again. "Whatever, I'm keeping my promise to Ha Neul hyung and tutor you today." 

"No, you're not. I'm just about to leave." I said waving Chanyeol goodbye and turning to the door. Chanyeol put his hands on my shoulders and stopped me, turning me back to face him. "Arasso, I'm doing it." I hated it when both Chanyeol and Ha Neul oppa nagged me to study. I would somehow finish the final exams and manage to graduate, I didn't need a tutor. The fact that Chanyeol was my tutor was even worse. But at least he would suffer as much as I would during our lesson.

''Who do you think that is?'' Baekhyun asked and watched some man and our best friend talking. Chanyeol didn't seem flustered or shocked, it was just the neutral expression on his face. We were currently sitting somewhere at the school campus during lunch.

"I have seen him somewhere I guess." Kyungsoo responded and narrowed his eyes while thinking. I raised my eyebrows, not in surprise though. "He looks like someone from Gangnam." 

"Right? I have thought that too." I added as the man handed Chanyeol something. "Did he give him his business card?" 

"Looks like that. Wow, that man must be a scouting agent." Baekhyun let out a laugh and leaned back, turning back to his phone. Dong Hyuk watched the scene curiously and tilted his head. It seemed as if Dong Hyuk was suspicious. 

"I went through the same thing. You're all right." Dong Hyuk turned to Kyungsoo and nudged his elbow. "Yah, he really does seem to be someone from there, doesn't he?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter