Coward

EXO SERIES: How To Fall For Park Chanyeol [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: STILL EDITING

---

>>HA RIN'S POV<<

I did it. I finally did it. I felt relieved, but then again the feeling of having to stay patient, I didn't like it. I was getting impatient one day either. If Chanyeol still liked me, wouldn't he have given me an answer? Why didn't he then? I couldn't assume things or jump to ridiculous conclusions. Chanyeol still needed to answer me. Either it's a yes or a no.

If Chanyeol had moved on and wanted to remain as friends, then alright, it would turn out like that. Despite being hurt, I would accept the fact. I mean, what else can I do about that? I won't have any other choices. After all, I acted the same way. Besides, I would be able to understand Chanyeol and how he felt when I let him wait. The tables turned. 

I was sitting outside during our break, with Dong Hyuk and Kyungsoo. These days, we always split up. Chanyeol and Baekhyun while I was here with Kyungsoo and Dong Hyuk. We saw each other everyday anyway and during lunch. I just needed someone to talk now and I couldn't when Chanyeol was around. However, I needed to talk to him, too. 

"What?" My two best friends questioned me at the same time. "You confessed earlier today? Are you serious?" 

I slowly nodded with a pout. "He didn't answer me, though. That was when you all arrived at the bus stop." 

"Sorry about that." Kyungsoo apologized and scratched his neck nervously. "The next time, we will definitely come later." 

"What are you saying, there won't be a next time. Ha Rin is always getting up late and missing the bus." Dong Hyuk said trying to diffuse the tension. "Seriously, Ha Rin. You see each other way often than we do. Just barge into his bedroom and confront him. If he doesn't answer you then, I really have no idea what to do. Where is that confidence of yours?" 

"It's still there, I guess." I tilted my head slightly and stared at the ground, still being in a daze. "He isn't even at home after school. He is always gone. When do I ever have the chance to talk to Chanyeol?" Stupid.

"Chanyeol isn't always at training, Ha Rin." Kyungsoo reminded me and I knew what he was hinting at. "It is true that he goes to training more often than I do, but we don't go there together on some days." 

I deeply sighed and sipped my water bottle. "I know, I know. Chanyeol is busy. He is meeting that Kwak Sae Byul girl." Stupid Chanyeol. "He is avoiding me too. And now? Should I wait like him like he waited for an answer? Until Chanyeol responds, we have already graduated and gone different paths." 

"We will still be friends, though. Of course we won't see each other anymore, but that is normal. The three of us have training to do, the others might go to college and you too. Regardless, our friendship will remain." Dong Hyuk said with Kyungsoo agreeing to him. We were young, we were in our last year of high school. Everyone else would say we could enjoy ourselves, play around and live our life, but it was the most difficult age for us. The most complicated one. Not too long after, I would be independent and leave home to attend university. From that day on. 

Like Chanyeol said, growing up completely and not bing childish anymore. I recalled Chanyeol scolding me because of this. He knows me after all. He knows that I have always been like this. 

"You can't call that a fight, but well, you are always fighting." Kyungsoo said, interrupting my thoughts. "There has been not a day you weren't fighting, right?" 

"This isn't fighting, Kyungsoo. When Chanyeol confessed to me, we didn't exactly fight either. Just no talking for a few days and now is just the same. If we fight for real, I don't think you will be able to stand watching and listening." I smiled at the thought. Even if we turned to lovers one day, our fighting wouldn't stop. I let out a deep sigh. I would chase Chanyeol if necessary, if he didn't give me an answer. It was right that I let Chanyeol wait, but I couldn't play the same game twice, now the other way round. Who cares if I'm being selfish now?

Kyungsoo and Dong Hyuk smiled warmly and slowly nodded. "However, how do you want to study for the final exams now? You need a tutor. You need Chanyeol." 

"It's not terribly necessary, I am not desperate yet. I will study on my own for now." I replied regarding that Chanyeol didn't want to help me anyway. 

"We know you are not desperate, but we will come over after school. Since Chanyeol is busy anyways, we will just study with you. At least it's an attempt." Dong Hyuk said clasping his hands. "Here they are coming." He looked up and Kyungsoo and I followed his gaze. I watched the rest of our friends heading towards the stairs we were sitting on. Chanyeol did not stay in the classroom as I expected. It would've been suspicious if he didn't come, though. 

Baekhyun had the same smirk on his face which he had early this morning. Baekhyun sat down while Chanyeol was just standing and leaning against a handrail above us. 

"What are you doing here just the three of you?" Baekhyun wanted to know but no one of us had an answer. Kyungsoo was the first one to have an excuse for us. He said it was better outside than in the classroom. 

"You two are strange now, too." Baekhyun frowned suspiciously and gazed the two next to me. "Whatever, how is it after school? Playing some video games at your place, Ha Rin?" I shook my head telling him I had plans. "What plans would you have? Unless you are meeting someone." There was Baekhyun's smirk again. I mentally rolled my eyes and hit his shoulder. "Arasso, arasso. I will stop."

I glanced at Chanyeol to see his expression. How did he feel about my confession anyways? I will make him talk either way. 

Baekhyun kept teasing me until the break was over and we had classes again. After school, we went separate ways. Chanyeol went straight to the station while the other two took their bus home. So to conclude, no one was suspicious and none of them knew Kyungsoo and Dong Hyuk were going to tutor me this afternoon. 

"Anyways, for the third time now, Ha Rin." Dong Hyuk repeated and explained the assignment to me in our school book. I was thankful for their patience and appreciated it that they were trying to help me. I was gradually understanding it. Well, I guessed that if I wanted to study, I would be able to understand it well though. "And in the end, this is the result. It's pretty easy if you understand it, Ha Rin." I nodded my head slowly. We were sitting in the living room again instead in my bedroom at a proper desk. It was more comfortable here on the bottom and there was space for the three of us. 

Ha Neul oppa came and entered the living room with a drink in his hand. "What? Finally pulled yourself together and decided to study?" My brother let out a laugh and sipped his drink. "It's a funny sight. I thought it's only Chanyeol who you do this to. Yah, Dong Hyuk and Kyungsoo. It's frustrating with my sister, isn't it?" I ignored him instead of kicking him because it only distracted me. "By the way, where is Chanyeol? Already sick of giving you extra lessons?"

"Hyung, don't be like that to Ha Rin. She really needs help with the upcoming exams." Kyungsoo stopped my brother from continuing talking nonsense. Ha Neul oppa decided to leave to go to his bedroom but couldn't help laughing before he closed the door. I rolled my eyes. Only three years older but still he and Chanyeol were a perfect match. 

My two friends kept explaining the school stuff and I also noticed that they almost reached their limit. However, both Dong Hyuk and Kyungsoo told me it was alright with them and they didn't mind staying here a little longer. It has been just three hours since they were here. Then all of a sudden, the door opened and Chanyeol entered without a word. He saw us and looked down. I wasn't sure if he was either surprised or confused because his expression was unreadable. Why are you back so early? 

"No training?" Dong Hyuk questioned our friend suspiciously. "You are back early." That's what I am thinking.

"What are you doing here?" Chanyeol asked them back and sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter