That Day

EXO SERIES: How To Fall For Park Chanyeol [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: STILL EDITING

---

>>HA RIN'S POV<<

The next days, I finally decided to study. The final exams were in November, it wasn't much time left. Well, my everyday school life was just the same as before. I went to school together with my friends, including Chanyeol always telling me to hurry before we would be late for classes. I didn't listen to the teacher during the lesson but I didn't sleep either. This habit of mine, I was slowly getting rid of that I thought. However, I kept asking myself the same question when I was not talking to anyone. 

"I can focus all my attention on training now. I am confident about the final exams in a few months too, so I don't need to worry about school." Chanyeol responded when we were having lunch in the cafeteria. Baekhyun had questioned Chanyeol how he was doing with training and this stuff. He might become interested either. 

"Are you skipping school then or what?" Baekhyun joined us and took a seat next to me. "I know my situation but you have a different case. You can't just skip school." 

"So what?" Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders. Always acting all cold and serious, Park Chanyeol. "Who are you kidding, Baekhyun? I won't skip school. Training is important for me because I might be lacking, but whatever." Chanyeol continued eating without a word. I had my gaze lowered and was silently listening and eating because I wasn't interested in joining the current conversation. Why was training so important for him? Because of this stupid label, I got lost twice and I also had no money to go back home. I couldn't understand it. I accepted the fact, but I couldn't understand the importance. 

To stay realistic, Chanyeol might fail and get kicked out of the company. What would he do then? I was not saying Chanyeol wasn't able to debut as a singer, but Chanyeol should not stay too serious about it and be disappointed in the end. 

"Want to play some video games after classes?" Dong Hyuk turned to Chanyeol with a grin on his face. It was already decided that Kyungsoo and Baekhyun  would join, but no one knew about Chanyeol. Kyungsoo might not participate though if he chose his label over video games which was understandable. At least three times a week, they would all come over. Either to my place or Chanyeol's house to play games. 

Chanyeol shook his head while eating. "I'm sorry. I have plans." I didn't lift my head, but looked up slightly. The reactions of our friends were the same. They were not silent nor were they surprised. Instead, they nudged him and tried finding out who he was having plans with. 

"And don't lie about training. We know you won't go today." Baekhyun replied and nudged Chanyeol with his elbow. He was frowning because all the teasing was annoying, but didn't answer. I thought Kyungsoo was the only rational person at this table now. He kept quiet and didn't tease Chanyeol unlike the others. He lifted his head with a smile and gazed me. 

"I just have plans, that's all. I need to help in the restaurant." Chanyeol said letting out a heavy sigh. "Lunch is almost over. Let's go into class before the teacher arrives." Chanyeol sipped the drink, my strawberry milk before getting up to leave the cafeteria first. I watched him leaving the cafeteria. I wasn't even done eating. 

Baekhyun turned his head to me. "Is he telling the truth?" He asked me but I shrugged my shoulders. Of course it was probable Chanyeol would help his parents in the restaurant, but I didn't believe him. It was his business what he was doing, so I didn't try to interfere. It got me curious, though. 

"Are you coming or have you still not finished?" Baekhyun let out a laugh and grabbed his school bag. I didn't want to rush when eating so I shook my head. "Alright, we are leaving too then." We would see each other in ten minutes again anyway. 

I turned my head to lock eyes with Kyungsoo. "Don't worry, Ha Rin, I'm going to stay here to eat until the school bell rings. We won't be late for class anyway." I thanked him with a smile and enjoyed my lunch more or less for the last ten minutes. Among my friends, it was only Kyungsoo and Dong Hyuk who knew. Who knew what happened on our class trip, between Chanyeol and me. I didn't tell Baekhyun, though. Not everyone needed to know. Chanyeol likely wouldn't want them to know. Well, I was close to all of them, but Dong Hyuk and I got closer after he transferred back to school and moved. About Kyungsoo, we were only one month apart. Wait, not even a month but about two weeks. 

Dong Hyuk and Kyungsoo joked around with the other three guys either, but they were way more serious about certain things. It just turned out like this. 

"What are you thinking about? Something troubles you." Kyungsoo said pulling me back to reality. We were slowly walking back to our classroom. "Is it about Chanyeol?" 

I nodded absent-mindedly. "I have so many questions, but no answers. The problem is, I need to figure these answers out on my own but I have no idea. However, there are things only Chanyeol can answer. Why does he like me? And does he even still?" 

Kyungsoo smiled and glanced at me. "Instead of asking yourself, you should ask Chanyeol since he is the only one. Also, you were always the straightforward one. That's why it's surprising these questions were still stuck in your mind." 

"I know, it's surprising me too." I responded walking beside him in a daze. And then, all of a sudden, a thought came up. My prayers were heard for Chanyeol to come. The moment Chanyeol ran towards me, not completely embracing me but saving me from the taxi driver, I was not only relieved and glad. I was touched. If I imagined what would've happened if Chanyeol hadn't come on time or if he hadn't ever come. I gulped but pushed that thought away. I didn't have anything to worry about when Chanyeol was there since the man decided to leave on his own. When I was observing his face, of course Chanyeol was angry but for the first time, I felt guilty. I felt bad. Was it only his action? Was it only this very moment that I felt like this? My heart fluttered. 

"Kyungsoo, do you know what kind of plans Chanyeol has after school?" I questioned my friend but he shook his head. Chanyeol didn't tell anyone exactly what he was doing. I probably would have to go to the restaurant after school to find out. He wouldn't be there anyway. Chanyeol voluntary helping?

"Chanyeol said he would go to the restaurant to help out. Didn't you hear him?" Kyungsoo stopped near our class room. The door was wide open and we didn't want to go in yet. "All I know is that he won't go to the SM building today and me neither. We can walk home together if it's too boring alone. Chanyeol seems to be in a bad mood I think." 

"I thought I was the only one who noticed that." I mentally rolled my eyes but was glad Kyungsoo remarked that too. "It's okay. I have business to do anyway. Let's go into class now." Kyungsoo agreed to me and we entered the room together. 

After school, I headed straight to the restaurant instead of going home with Kyungsoo. By the way, just because of one incident I didn't fear going to the restaurant or going somewhere at night. I wasn't paranoid. But for now, I would just not take any taxis alone. If I did, then with another person. 

"Ha Rin-ah, you are coming often these days." Mr. Park greeted me with a smile. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter