News

EXO SERIES: How To Fall For Park Chanyeol [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: STILL EDITING

---

>>CHANYEOL'S POV<<

What was I supposed to say? When Ha Rin confessed to me so suddenly, I thought time has stopped. We were interrupted that day, by our friends. I still didn't have the chance to answer Ha Rin. I could've simply said it. That I still had romantic feelings left, that I couldn't move on. I could've said that I still saw her as a woman, but I had hesitated. I didn't want to believe at first that Ha Rin liked me back because knowing her, she could not even imagine falling for her. 

Anyways, I regretted not having responded Ha Rin to her confession earlier. Always waiting for the right moment, I was doing exactly that now. However, this could not continue because one day, my chance to do something would disappear. There was no later or next time.  

It was getting colder, I could tell. My breath was visible when I exhaled. Slowly, I turned my head to Ha Rin to glance at her. I was waiting for what Ha Rin had to say. Will she ask me about Sae Byul? About me dating her? 

I took a seat on the bench first. Before Ha Rin was able to sit down, I took off my jacket and placed it on the bench for Ha Rin to sit. She still wore her uniform and a skirt. Her legs must be freezing then. I saw a smile on Ha Rin's face as she sat down. though.

If she wanted to ask about Sae Byul, I stopped contacting her. She was only a year younger than me, but still, she had more courage than I to confess. However, I had told Sae Byul that my heart was not beating for her, that she was not the reason why my heart fluttered. Of course Sae Byul was disappointed and hurt. Even though she did not know about Ha Rin, Sae Byul would figure it was another woman then. Anyways, she understood my decision but didn't want to keep in touch anymore either, for now. Sae Byul would prepare to become a flight attendant, also because one day when I would be on a certain plane, we might encounter each other. 

I had apologized to Sae Byul, because this couldn't happen. I apologized to her for not knowing about her heart, but I couldn't help my feelings, too. Sae Byul was not the reason why I would be always happy, hurt and upset at the same time. I didn't tell anyone about Kwak Sae Byul in the first place, because I knew exactly that this would happen one day.

"The reason I was distant and sometimes got mad at you was because I thought two people among our friends might be interested in you, too. It was complicated and I didn't want the whole friendship between the six of us to break completely." I wanted the other people around me to be happy first before me. Kyungsoo and Dong Hyuk, one of my closest friends, I didn't want to be the reason why they would push their own feelings away either. However, they probably did notice that I was suspicious and hinted they were helping Ha Rin finding herself. Well, the thought that it would take years until Ha Rin found the answer to her feelings caused me to an attempt to move on. That was when I met Kwak Sae Byul.

"I simply gave up on hoping." I concluded and clasped my hands, supporting my elbows on my knees. "And I almost gave up on waiting, either." 

"Which means?" Ha Rin questioned me whereupon I finally turned my head to her. She glanced at me but turned away then, looking down at her shoes. "It took me a while to understand my own heart. As soon as I knew the answer to what I felt, I wanted to tell you directly." And her answer, it keeps surprising me. "Like I said, I don't you see as a friend. To me, you are a man. We keep being interrupted so hurry with your answer otherwise I will chase you down." Ha Rin liked me yet she was still scary. This was not the time to laugh, though. I locked eyes with her and realized how serious Ha Rin was. "I will really chase you down, Park Chanyeol. To hell." Ha Rin was dead serious. Thinking she is joking? No way, Ha Rin is really going to do that.

"Or shall I scream again?" Ha Rin added with a smile, tilting her head at me slightly. "Both? Scream while chasing you to hell?" I gulped. It would attract a lot of attention if she screamed. People might think I was her stalker. However, everything Ha Rin wanted was just an answer. If I gave her that, she wouldn't do neither of these two options. It was Ha Rin's way to deal with things. 

For a few seconds, we sat in silence and the more past, I was worried Ha Rin might start screaming any second. Her eyes were on me, a smile was clearly on her face although I avoided to look into her eyes. And before Ha Rin had the chance to open to realize her plan, just in a millisecond I turned my head to Ha Rin and pressed my lips on hers. Finally. I closed my eyes, my heart was beating fast and all I was focusing on was this moment. Don't wait for the right moment to say or do something. It might be too late when you wait long.

When I slowly pulled away, I opened my eyes and sheepishly scratched the back of my head. I was embarrassed about my sudden action. I glanced at Ha Rin only to see a big smile on her lips, causing me to smile as well. Our first kiss was at the hospital. Our second kiss was when I confessed during our class trip. And just now, not even a minute ago a kiss that answered all the questions and confirmed our feelings towards each other. Soon, I would probably not even need to count anymore. I suppressed a smile and felt relieved.

"I feel like just screaming my lungs out." Ha Rin was the first one to say something. My heart was still beating fast and I let out a laugh at her comment. That was the first time Ha Rin was neither hitting or asking me if I wanted to die. Even though she still managed to say this, I felt the sincereness in her words and feelings. 

At this moment, I was happy. After experiencing an one-sided love for the past three years, my patience finally paid off. Both Ha Rin and I were smiling. Turning my head to her again, I locked eyes with Ha Rin before swooping in for another kiss. Everything else was forgotten. The tension between us was gone. At this very moment, only happiness and relief surrounded our minds. 

When I was waking up for school, I rubbed my eyes and tried to sleep just a little longer. That was when I heard my door swinging open by Ha Rin. She took the nearest stuffed bear and hit me, pulling my blanket away. 

"Yah, always waking up later than me." Ha Rin said shaking her head. She placed the stuffed bear on my shelf and crossed her arms at me. "Hurry and eat breakfast. It's one week before the exams." Ha Rin added with a serious expression on her face. It kept surprising me how serious she was talking about the exams. All in all, Ha Rin was pretty calm but obviously she made progress in studying. It was still frustrating with Ha Rin, though. 

However, after I gave Ha Rin what she wanted, I thought that if I woke up the next day everything never happened. I thought everything was a dream and I did all this for nothing. But when Ha Rin came into my bedroom, just like today, she had a big smile on her face and we were like this for the rest of the day. Even though we sat in silence and no words were being exchanged, everything was said between us.

"You are in a good mood, Chanyeol. Already looking forward to the college entra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter