Late Again

EXO SERIES: How To Fall For Park Chanyeol [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Welcome to my third and chronologically first EXO fanfic. The main character is Park Chanyeol. Thanks for giving this story a try, I hope you'll enjoy reading :)

---

>>HA RIN'S POV<<

Spring, March 2008.

"Hey, Seong Ha Rin. Get up already." Chanyeol opened the door to my bedroom and called for me noticeably annoyed. "We missed the train because of you. We'll be late again if you don't get up now."

"Just go away." I said still half-asleep, covering my face with my blanket. Since we were neighbours, the way wasn't long and normally Chanyeol wouldn't bother going into my room to wake me up. We had a deal to wake up on time so we could go to the station together. It was what his sister and my closest friend Yoo Ra suggested because otherwise, I would be late all the time. It doesn't change anything even with Chanyeol being my alarm, I still don't get up.

"I'll get a bucket with cold ice water and pour it over you if you don't get ready in ten seconds. Come on, we are late. I can't risk detention or another punishment because of you." Chanyeol warned me and pulled my blanket away.

I glared at him. "Understood, I'm up. Leave so I can get changed."

"Be quick. School is the only time we see each other, isn't it sad?" Chanyeol shook his head at me and let out a sigh before closing the door. Our first year of high school had just started, our first day was only a few days ago and I was already making a bad impression by oversleeping. Right before graduating from middle school a month ago, Chanyeol used his uselessly tall height to participate some random modelling contest and won second place. I don't know how he did that either.

We left the house and waited for the next train to arrive. It didn't take me long to get ready anyway so I wasn't worried. "The teacher will take it casually. He is already used to it, right?" I asked Chanyeol as we entered the school. "Can't we just skip this lesson and return for the third period?" 

Chanyeol crossed his arms at me. "It's our first week and we'll leave a bad impression that way. I'm telling my sister I'll go to school without you. The fact that the teachers are used to us being late isn't particularly postive. Either way, we will get a punishment."

I grimaced and could already see myself cleaning up the classroom. The school was coeducational, but the classrooms were divided by gender. The atmosphere in the classrooms were completely different. I waved goodbye to Chanyeol before quietly entering my class and taking a seat. The teacher was busy writing something on the blackboard.

"Seong Ha Rin, let's talk after class." Teacher Kim didn't lecture or scold me which made her more scary. I'll take the blame this time, it's my fault after all. There wasn't much time left before the first class ended anyway. When the last class was over and the girls were out for lunch, I had to take over the cleaning duty. I grabbed the broom and tried to finish up as quickly as possible to go lunch as well. Chanyeol is likely doing the same, right?

After that, I looked for my dear friend's classroom to pick him up on my way. Chanyeol was still in the middle of cleaning when I opened the door. "I promise I'm going to wake up on time tomorrow!" I said, trying to make it up to Chanyeol.

"You say that every time, I don't believe you." Chanyeol replied without even turning around. "Don't be late for our rehearsal at least, Ha Rin."

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and someone came in. "Cleaning duty? Again?" I looked up from the ground and spotted Yoo Dong Hyuk standing at the door. He was our mutual friend from another class, but it was actually me who knew him first and introduced him to Chanyeol. "Remember to be on time for rehearsal, Ha Rin."

I pouted. Not you too, Dong Hyuk. "I know, I won't forget that. I know my priorities."

"Alright, I'll go to the cafeteria for lunch. See you later." Dong Hyuk waved us goodbye and left us alone again. While Chanyeol wiped the blackboard, I decided to help him out with the rest. I expected the cleaning session to proceed peacefully, however, we were interrupted one time when some random students came in. I wouldn't mind if they stayed quiet, left as quickly as they came or were part of his class, but they were students I have never seen before. Well, that's natural since there are many classes in our year and it's our first week. But they would stand the door and whisper among themselves. We have ears, we can hear everything.

Why would they come? To see Chanyeol. Ever since he decided to go on television, some students would come to see who won the second prize. I'm pretty sure if the news spreads around about Chanyeol being a trainee, it will be a chaos. He naturally stood out. 

After a while, we finished and joined our friend at the cafeteria. "Yeol-ah, you are leaving right after rehearsal?"

Chanyeol nodded his head quickly. "First to the academy, then to the company. I signed the contract, so I should be there as quickly as possible. The places aren't very far from here so I'm going right after school."

Following his appearance on the competition, Chanyeol happened to be scouted by some random agency to become an idol when we were on our way home from school. That's surely not what he has in mind, though. I know he wants to become a model, but Chanyeol ended up signing the contract in the hope of debuting in a band. I was there when he was offered the contract and it was the biggest concern of his life. He spent nights thinking about whether to accept the proposal or not.

"How is it? Does it exceed your expectations? Is it fun?" Dong Hyuk questioned him curiously and continued eating. 

Chanyeol didn't look too happy. "It's not what I expected and I was honestly disappointed, because becoming an idol was never my dream." There, just like what I said. "And I'm not the best at dancing either. I'll simply work hard, practise and focus on the things I'm good at. I can do modelling besides that after all."

We've barely started high school and Chanyeol had his whole future planned out whereas I only worried about getting through the classes and not being the lowest rank in grades. That's where Chanyeol and I are different. He is above average, not an exemplary student but much better than I. Except that in middle school, Chanyeol always turned his assignments in at last minute.

After lunch and one more class, I headed to my extracurricular activity without Chanyeol. In the hallway, I was stopped by another female student. I've never seen her before, she was probably from another class. We had too many different classes anyway and there were about four hundred students in one year, so I'd probably never know some of these students existed. "You are Seong Ha Rin, right? You are close to Park Chanyeol?"

Okay, straight to the point I guess. "That I am. We are childhood friends."

"Are you dating him? I always see you two around, with Yoo Dong Hyuk as well, as if you are clinging onto them." The girl's attitude changed and she had her arms crossed at me.

Alright, I might or might not understand why she would think the three of us were always hanging out. Mistaking us for a couple, gross, I can tolerate to some point. But clinging onto them? Is this what I get for having two guy friends? Most of the girls in my class knew I existed and that was more than enough, but I wasn't on talking basis with all of them. Our personalities didn't match. 

I raised my eyebrows at her. Firstly, because we've said a word to each other before and I had no idea who she was at all. Secondly, it didn't concern her and was none of her business. "Pardon?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter