⟠ the new brave part 1

⟠ AEON : sment's 2015 girl group ⟠
 

the brave

it's testing time

Chinsun’s direct answer humoured Sooman for a little bit, before he got up to greet his old friend.

“What has Youngmin done to deserve such disregard?” Sooman asked her, hugging the younger woman briefly.

“Existed.”

Her answer was short, but held a very obvious sharpness. Sooman didn’t really have to hear why she’d choose him over her. He’d taken her in, trained her and then given her a life of well paying contracts within the company.

As far as he was concerned, she was the most well paid trainer in the company and had been for the better part of 7 years.

“You can’t help it Chinsun. But I’d like to know why you rejected Red Velvet? You usually prefer the smaller groups... Something about ‘less incompetance’?” Sooman chuckled, gesturing for her to come and sit down in front of his desk.

“Because it’s Youngmin? Is that answer enough.” Chinsun shurgged, all but throwing herself into the plush leather chair in front of the elder man. “Besides the fact that his choices were subpar...” She continued on, flicking her hand to the side.

Sooman contemplated his words, eyebrow raising at Chinsun’s statement. He never disagreed with her, whether she said someone was ready for debut or not or whether it was about particular talents. Chinsun was always good at being able to tell you what was what, and who was good.

But before he could respond to the words said by his trusted trainer, they were interupted by a series of peppy knocks. No doubt belonging to his favourite former assistant given by the high level of energy in each rap.

“Come in?” Sooman called out, directing his attention away from the annoyed woman and towards the door opening to reveal Minhyuk like he’d predicted along side seven girls.

“Sooman seongsang-nim! I have brought the princesses...” He announced, looking at his boss before his eyes caught sight of Chinsun which lead to a sharp looking completely directed towards her.

“Good, good!” Sooman clapped, eyes becoming eyesmiles with a wide smile on his face. “Come in dearies, we have much to discuss.”

The group walked in slowly, almost hesitantly in the face of the founder and the woman they’d only seen around the building but knew to fear.

When they were just off the side of the desk, facing Chinsun and Sooman, they bowed deeply to both the seniors and then looked towards one another to introduce themselves.

“Don’t worry about it girls, I know all of my trainees and Chinsun-ah is well versed in what you are all about.” Sooman waved them off, sensing the nervousness and unknowing from them.

“You have potential... If you’re willing to work for it.” Chinsun commented, throwing an almost malicious smirk towards the group as she leaned back deeply into the leather.

“Chinsun-ah, there’s no need to frighten them. They are my trainees, they’ll be able to do anything.” Sooman said proudly, chiding the trainer who just disregarded it.

“Now before we send you off into debut training with our talented Chinsun, we have to tell you just what you’re getting into.” Sooman turned to them, completely immersed in his project that was slowly turning into a reality before his eyes.

“You have been selected for your talent, beauty and media appeal, to create a new girl group called AEON, with an a.” Sooman referenced Minhyuk’s words. “You’ll be tested to make sure you can handle what idol life is like. It’s got it’s glittery glamour, but it’s made out of sweat, criticism and blood. We are here to make sure you can handle it.”

His words were stern, straightforward but laced with a underlying caring note to them that distracted from any negative way you could take them. Though that was interrupted by the harshness of Chinsun’s input.

“You’ll be tested today also, here and now. You’ll sing, rap and dance in front of me. And if you aren’t up to standard, then I will kick you out and call for someone who can perform here and now.”

Her words sent a shiver down even the stoniest of members faces. If Chinsun could be known for anything, it would be the fact that even some (and by some she meant all of them) of the most senior members of the company want to cry.

“Now now, they don’t even know what position they are Chinsun-ah. Unless Minhyuk-ah told them of course, and then you can of course test them.” Sooman told her off, being the only on daring enough to challenge the woman.

“N-no sir, I have not except told them of the maknae and leader.” Minhyuk stuttered, rubbing the back of his head. Even he was intimidated by both strong presences in the room.

“Lovely, it’s time to find out what positions you’ll be taking now!” Sooman chuckled, clapping behind his chair as he smiled widely.

“Or maybe we should see if they are worthy to take them... You know by testing them?” Chinsun interrupted, not even glancing at the girls in question.

“Perhaps, if that’d make you happy Chinsun-ah.” Sooman sighed, finally giving into the persistant woman on the other side of his desk.

“Line up!” Chinsun clapped, directing her victorious grin towards thm as she stood up watching them with hawk eyes. “I know what positions you’ll be taking, so I will ask you for a specific skill that you will perform on the spot. Any questions?”

A single brave hand spoke up in that silence. Seoyul.

“Will we be given music? Or not?” Was her single question, completely valid as a dancer who relied usually on a beat.

“Dancing and rapping will be given a beat without lyrics. Singing is expected to be done without music. Failure to do so will result in being kicked out. I will not hesitate, do you understand?” Chinsun in formed them, putting her hand in her pocket and producing a music player.

“Yes Chinsun-sshi.” They said in unison, nodding to her words.

“Call me Chinsun seongsang-nim.”

“I’ll be borrowing your speakers, though you should’ve guess that already Sooman-sshi.” Chinsun said lightly, moving back to stand at the edge of the room to give room for them to perform.

Her words just resulted in a knowing nod, and a wave of the hand to tell her to continue. Minhyuk lingering close to the girls, but not daring to go too far forward not wanting to inflict the wrath of the woman toward him or his princesses.

 

happy note

So like I realised this was definitely too long for a single chapter, so I was just like they can wait until tomorrow for it... So here's the first part of two updates (double updating 101).

Anyway I'll be in and out of this thing while I short my internet out #Iuseditallup.