⟠ impulse part 4 (double update with chapter 57)

⟠ AEON : sment's 2015 girl group ⟠
 

impulse part 4

november, 2014

“Love you too.” Jiyeon cooed, goofy grin adorning her face as she lingered on the phone waiting for her partner to hang up first before she took the phone away from her ear and sighed.

The room looking at her expectantly, the conversation not going much longer than a few minutes which had both female managers frowning.

“What did lover boy say?” Gyuri was the first to ask, hands crossed over her chest as she looking down to the lovesick girl who looked up at her dreamily.

“He’s going to come over, it’ll be easier that way as well to talk to him.” Jiyeon confirmed, her smile never fading on the high that he caused.

“How long?” Minah asked, pulling out her phone and checking the time.

“Well truthfully he wasn’t that far away to begin with, so maybe 10, 15 minutes...” Jiyeon trailed off, looking down to her phone instead and then exhaling.

“I still think this is a bad idea.” Minah voiced, having pulled up a chair from the dining table and sat near the girls. Only to receive a dangerous look from Gyuri in return.

The tension lingering in the room ate away at everyone waiting around, before Misoo spoke up question happy.

“Did your families meet? Or arrange this marriage before? Actually have you and Lu Han ever talked about marriage before...” She questioned, thinking about the whole situation.

“Hmm our families met, it was for my twentieth birthday and it was baba’s turn to host it which meant going to Beijing.” Jiyeon recalled, “and eomma didn’t want to miss it. Naturally it also was a good opportunity to introduce both families while everyone was in Beijing. Especially because they’d been waiting to meet them since I introduced Lu Han to them.” She informed them, words coming out slowly but fluidly. Happily smiling at the recollection of memories that flooded her mind.

“But then what about actually getting married?” Misoo pressed, nodding at Jiyeon’s family and future in-laws meeting.

“We did once I think, but it was so long ago I’ve all but forgotten about it.” She waved it off, hands clasping together and massaging the palms with long fingers.

“It’s always been assumed by my parents that’d I’d get to marry him... They’ve had fortune tellers to predict our fate, and they think we’re beautiful together. I guess they were right after all.” Jiyeon chuckled a little at that thought in particular.

“So it was really unexpected his proposal?” Sarang confirmed, her eyes mimicking her grin as she heard the love story. Seyeon focusing fully, eyes darting between Jiyeon and all the other members.

“Did he get down on one knee? With a ring? Like the dramas?” Sooyun asked quickly, giggling at the thought of a magical proposal like the ones on television.

“Dramas aren’t really realistic for the modern day setting.” Jungah pointed out, looking at the maknae sadly. “They’d be cute though.”

“He didn’t get down on one knee, it was in the Seoul Forest and we were talking as we sat on one of the benches. The ones surrounded by the trees that don’t have a path? And he asked me, with a ring as we sat admiring the scenery.” Jiyeon told them smiling, clasping her hands together tightly in her lap barely glancing at the others.

“Wait you got a ring? Where is it? Why aren’t you wearing it?” Sarang asked quickly, looking between her hands and her face. Seoyul’s eyes glancing at the girl.

“I didn’t see you walk into our room with it either...” Misoo questioned, eyeing up the other suspiciously. Only to have Jiyeon start to get up from her seat.

“I put it away, because when I was coming back I starting thinking about us. AEON. And I didn’t know if I could do it...” She admitted quietly, pushing blankets and brushing off crumbs and dust. “But I’ll go and get it.” Which had the group nodding, as she moved off towards her room.

“It might be helpful, in case you don’t want Lu Han to realise your dilemma.” Gyuri said dryly, the corners of curving up.

“Oh my princess, growing up so fast. Already found her prince and everything...” Minhyuk fanned himself, he’d moved off to the corner of the room so he could quietly be emotional.

Sarang noticed, smiling at the eternally lovely manager who always managed to be proud of them and could help but coo at him.

“Minhyuk oppa...”

 

happy note

Reciting the tale of her life, Seoul Forest is gorgeous af. Anyway it was totally destined for them since the beginning that they should get together. No lie.


And plus everything works out, in Korean/Chinese proposal tradition. It took a little to fit the bits together originally, but Kira who originally wrote Jiyeon planned it out beautiful so it fits with the time and general norms and culture. Ah realism, how you are so troublesome to put together...

< The engagement ring~ Luhan is balling.