⟠ nerves & adrenaline (double update with chapter 51)

⟠ AEON : sment's 2015 girl group ⟠
 

nerves & adrenaline

february 19, 2015

No matter the short time they had debuted, all of several hours the girls were still mildly shocked by the small crowd that had gathered in the wake of their release. Though of course it had nothing on some of their senior groups.

They practised once, completely for the perfection of their syncronisation where while they conserved their energy for the live version, they still impressed with their teamwork. And when they came off, for a final makeup check and a breather before they were pushed back on to perform, their hearts pounded away in their chest with adrenaline and nerves combining into one. 


Though not all of them would admit it, and some were all to happy to voice their nerves to the rest of the group.

Not even the interview with Kwanghee and his ability to help them forget that they were about to face a room full of people worked in this moment. Hands sweating ever so slightly, prayers being said in mind while others took it in silently.

Minhyuk could only watch them, unable to comfort them in a time of prestage preparing. Minah keep an eye on all members, occasionally whispering praise in their ears as she checked their makeup and dusted their clothes. And Gyuri, despite the previous experience in this field had nothing to say to the girls letting them feel it out for themselves.

Nothing could prepare them for what actually facing an audience is like. No amount of reactions or mock performances.

 

And then when they went on stage, minds went blank of everything but the sound of music that passed through their ears. Listening out for cues in the music and when only their lines would come up. But in the back of their minds also listening and looking out for one another, ready to help each other if needed.

 

‘If you forget, remember there is seven of you. While someone might not be able to take over a part, they can continue the song stronger so that they might forget about that part.’

That’s all the advice Chinsun had given them for such a calmity, sure that with her practise it would never happen. Otherwise, well the threats that lingered unsaid in the air were enough for the entire room to collectively take in a gulp of air.

But oh how all those 11 months were worth it when they heard the music die, finishing in their pose with grins matching that of a cheshire cat. It didn’t matter that they could feel beads of sweat collecting on their brow, nor they were all but panting from the pairing of continual dancing and singing.

And to top the cake? The cheering of the gathered crowd that keep them going, becoming a lifeline to their career. Even as they were led off stage, to wait until all the acts were moved up onto the stage they continued smiling from the crowd.

“It’s magical...” Jiyeon breathed as soon as she was far out of earshot of even the keenest of fan.

“Yeah, I just want to keep going.” Misoo agreed, hands tugging at the microphone and her earpieces. Only to have the hands of assistants move them away and instead allow her to attend to them.

“You were so good out there!” Minhyuk pushed through the crowd of stylists, a grin indicating how happy he was as well.

“I’m proud to be apart of AEON.” Seoyul nodded, looking at all her members.

“I love AEON, and imagine...” Jungah breathed, “one day we might be as big as the Girls’ Generation unnies.”

“Or maybe bigger.” Sooyun clapped, still bouncing on her feet even though she was still breathing hard and her muscles aching.

“I’d just enjoy being remembered.” Sarang admitted, smiling dreamily at the thought.

Seyeon looked down, and then up to the group of girls that she’d lived and bonded with over the past 11 months. And then laughed quietly a little at the idea as memories flooded in.

“I could imagine us at the top actually.”

 

happy note

Another double update~ I need to keep up with the AllKpop articles, bc I'm am super lazy with doing them....

Anyways I'll try and shove some more updates tomorrow as well, and then hopefully I can spoil you guys some more~

But how is everyone is the real question. I hope you guys are doing okay...