Chapter 9: Off To Maldives

My 100 Days With A Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summer has begun. The trip to Maldives is here. Jimin and Jiyoon were excited to be going on their dream vacation. That night before their flight, Kyuhyun was ready to leave the house with his luggages. "Hey! Hurry up in there! We'll miss the plane if you delay," he called. Jimin came out from her room with her luggage. "I'm sorry. But I'm checking my list to make sure I got everything," she replied. 

They met up with Ryeowook and Jiyoon, who were already at the airport. "Jimin!" Jiyoon called. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun exchanged greetings as well. "Are we all ready to go to Maldives?" Everyone said yes. They went to the check in counter and drop off their heavy luggages. "I hope everything will be fine during our trip," whispered Jiyoon. "I'm sure everything will be fine," Jimin whispered back. 

The friends got on the plane. Jimin and Jiyoon felt nervous, as they never sit on a plane before. "Relax, Jiyoon. We must relax," said Jimin, calming her friend down. Jiyoon tried her best to relax. When the plane takes off, they felt scared. Kyuhyun looked at them and giggled. "What a bunch of fraidy cats," he said. "Hey! Don't be rude! It's their first time on the plane. Of course they're scared," Ryeowook scolded him. "You're right. I shouldn't make fun of them," said Kyuhyun. 

A few hours later and crossing the international timeline, the plane landed on Maldives airport. "Here we are! Beautiful Maldives!" said Ryeowook. "We're here? Wow!" said Jiyoon as she looked out from the window. The gang took their bags out from the compartment and left the plane for the airport. "I can't believe we're finally here in Maldives!" squealed Jimin. Kyuhyun sighed. "Can you at least take your luggage first, Jimin?" Jimin giggled with embarassment. Ryeowook chuckled. "I guess she's excited to see what's out there." 

They took a taxi to their hotel. The hotel Ryeowook and Kyuhyun booked was a beach resort. "The resort has a fantastic view of the ocean," Ryeowook told the girls. When they got to their hotel, they checked into their rooms. Jimin and Jiyoon were sleeping in one room. "Wow!" they gasped when they entered their room. Jiyoon jumped on the bed. "This feels nice," she sighed. "Hey, Jiyoon! You should come and look at this!" she heard her friend calling. Jiyoon got up and went to the open-air deck. She can see the entire blue ocean. "The view is spectacular. I can feel the sea breeze. Reminds me of home." 

Jimin laughed. "I bet Jeju doesn't have this kind of view," she said. "Not that I remember," said Jiyoon. Then, the telephone rang. Jiyoon urged her to pick up the phone, just in case it's a foreigner on the line. "Hello?" Jimin answered. "Hello? Jimin? Kyuhyun here. Ryeowook and I are planning to go to the beach now. Do you want to join us?" Kyuhyun asked from the line. Jimin looked back at Jiyoon. "It's Kyuhyun. He said they're going to the beach now," she said. "Tell him we are coming," said Jiyoon.

Jimin glued the phone back to her ear. "Yes, we're coming," she replied. "Okay. Meet us at the lobby in 10 minutes. Don't be late," said Kyuhyun. And the phone went dead. Jimin and Jiyoon changed into their swimsuits and went to the lobby. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun were waiting. "We're here," they announced. 

As they were at the beach, they saw lights, cameras and staff everywhere. "They must be shooting somebody famous," said Jiyoon. "I'll go and have a closer look," said Jimin. "Don't bother them. They're doing their work," said Kyuhyun. But Jimin was already gone. She saw someone familiar by the palm tree. It was Seohyun! "Oh! Kyuhyun is gonna love this!" She ran back and told what she saw. "Really? Seohyun is here?!" cried Kyuhyun. He rushed off to see her, followed by Ryeowook, Jimin and Jiyoon. Even though the cameraman is busy shooting her scene, his eyes were twinkling. "So this is how she look like in reality." 

"Okay! Let's take a break!" Everyone took a break, even Seohyun. She was surprised to see Ryeowook. "Omo! Ryeowook? I didn't know you're here in Maldives," she said. "We came here for the summer holidays," he replied her. Seohyun also remembered Jimin. "Ah! I remember you! You're the girl who sold me the cupcake." Jimin waved hello. "You remembered me. That's amazing."

"Seohyun, this is Kyuhyun. He's been waiting to meet you in person," Ryeowook introduced his friend. Kyuhyun and Seohyun met for the first time and exchange greetings. Kyuhyun was still looking at her with goo-goo eyes. "It's nice to meet you at last," he said. Seohyun just smile. "Do you have time to chat?" he asked. "Sorry. I only got 10 minutes left for break," she replied. "But I'm free tonight. How about we meet up during dinner at 7?"

Kyuhyun wouldn't say no for an answer.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter