Chapter 8: Cupcake Sales

My 100 Days With A Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

blue words = English

 

Ryeowook was carrying a tray of freshly baked cupcakes during closing time. He was getting ready to sell them the next morning. Jimin and Jiyoon came over to help. "I'm glad you girls are willing to help," he told them. "We want to earn more money for our trip. This is the best opportunity," said Jimin. "We're happy to be going to Maldives with you and Kyuhyun," said Jiyoon. Ryeowook smile at them. "I'm happy you could join us. You both deserved a vacation, instead of returning to your families all the time," he said. 

"Yeah. I agree. We can always see our families anytime," said Jimin. The girls and other employees helped to decorate the cupcakes. "I hope these batch will sold well. If they succeed, more people are willing to come to the cafe," said Ryeowook. "I don't get it. What's the purpose of selling the cupcakes to public?" asked Jiyoon. Ryeowook chuckled. "I want to promote my cafe by giving them a taste of our delicacies. I don't have a lot of customers recently. I was thinking if we sell our delicious pastries to public, people may want to come here to eat and my business will expand. My goal is to open a restaurant, since I'm also serving lunch and dinner in addition to pastries and coffee," he explained.

"That's a great idea, Ryeowook," said Jimin. "You should open your own restaurant." By 1 am, the employees have finished the cupcake decorations. "We'll let these cool in the fridge. Tomorrow, we're going to open our stand outside the mall. Please come by 7 sharp. We're going to give out the flyers in addition to the cupcakes," Ryeowook instructed his helpers and Jimin and Jiyoon. "You can go home and rest now." 

 

The next morning, Jimin left the house quietly so that Kyuhyun won't wake up. Jiyoon also left her dorm early. They both made their way to the mall, where Ryeowook and his helpers were setting up the stand. "Everything is all ready. We'll start selling by 8," he said. The mall was already opened but people haven't come out yet. The gang were still waiting for people. "I must go now. Let me know if they succeeded," said Ryeowook. He left them in charge of the stand. 

By 8 am, customers showed up. But none of them noticed their stand. "Don't worry. It will take some time for people to notice us," said Jimin. Just then, a little girl with her mother noticed the stand and slowly approached them. "Omma! Look! Cupcakes! They look delicious! Can we have one, please?" the girl asked. "How much are these cupcakes?" the mother asked. "10,000 won per cupcake," replied Jimin. "They look cheap. We'll take two, please," said the mother. Jimin placed the cupcakes in the box and gave them to the mother. 

"I want to try now," the girl begged. The mother took out one cupcake to let her daughter eat. "Mmm......I love it. Best cupcake ever," she said. Jimin give out the flyer. "If you like the cupcakes so much, you can visit this cafe. They have lots of cupcakes there," she said. "Thank you. We'll visit if we can," said the mother. And they left. "Well, that's two cupcakes sold."

After the mother and daughter, another family came. A boy saw the cupcake stand and rush towards it. "Don't run, son," the father calle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter