Chapter 1: I Had A Dream

My 100 Days With A Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Jimin's POV~

I was still sleeping. When I woke up, I wasn't in my bedroom. I was in......a forest? A beautiful forest, that is. I sit up and looked at my outfit. I'm wearing a Snow White kind of dress. Okay.....why am I wearing that dress? Then, I realized I was asleep, waiting for a prince to kiss me. So, I waited. I heard footsteps coming towards me. I got ready to pucker up. We both kiss. "Hello, my sweet princess," my prince called. I opened my eyes and had a shocked. The man who kissed me wasn't as handsome as he looks! He was ugly! "I have come to kiss you," the ugly prince said. I began to scream! 

~End of POV~

 

Jimin was still screaming when her best friend, Jiyoon shook her. "Jimin!! Stop screaming!" she called. Jimin stopped and began to blush. Every worker stare at her. "I'm sorry," she whispered. "What's with all the screaming?!" the boss cried. Jimin and Jiyoon quickly get back to work. The boss approached Jimin with heavy footsteps and glare angrily at her. "You've been daydreaming again, have you?" he asked. "N-no, sir," Jimin quickly replied. "Oh, is it? Then, why were you smiling to yourself?" the boss asked again. Jimin can only swallow with fear. "The next time I catch you daydreaming during working hours, I'll deduct your salary. Is that clear?" the boss warned her. "Yes, sir. I won't do it again," Jimin said with a formal bow and continued her work.

Jimin works at a soda factory. Her job is to take out all the straws from the empty bottles before it was being send for cleaning and filling up with soda drinks. It wasn't the fanciest job she had but it was her only job available in the city, as she comes from a farming village in Busan. Her dream is to become rich and go to faraway places for vacation. But too bad, her low income isn't going to take her anywhere.

The whistle blows for lunch time. All the employees head to the cafeteria to have their lunch. Today's menu is fried rice with beef soup. Jimin and Jiyoon took their seats. "Tell me why were you screaming just now, Jimin?" Jiyoon wanted to know. Jiyoon was Jimin's dormmate and her only friend at work. "I was being kissed by......an ugly toad," said Jimin, scooping some rice. "Oh, that nightmare again. I remember you once dream you were kissed by a nerd," Jiyoon giggled. Jimin narrowed her eyes. "Ha ha." 

By sunset, the whistle blows again, meant it was time to go home. Everyone packed up and switched off all the machines and engines. Jimin and Jiyoon returned to their dorm not very far from their workplace. Their dorm was quite cramp but at least t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter