Chapter 7: Planning A Vacation

My 100 Days With A Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One month has passed. Jimin was happy doing her new job as a cashier at Ryeowook's cafe. She listened to his instructions well. Ryeowook finds her work impressing. "I feel so much free than in a stuffy factory," she said. "If you do a good job, I'll increase your salary," said Ryeowook. Jimin just smile and said nothing. "I heard you're staying in Kyuhyun's house, am I right?" asked Ryeowook. Jimin nodded her head. "He wasn't going to give in at first. But I begged hard," she told him. "Wow! You're quite a determined person," laughed Ryeowook.

At home, Jimin was using the vacuum cleaner when her cellphone rang. "Hello?" she answered. "Hello? Jimin? Jiyoon here," the voice spoke. Jimin began to grinned upon hearing that name. "Jiyoon! Hello! I'm glad you called," she said. "So, how's your new job at Ryeowook's cafe? Did you get a place to stay?" Jiyoon asked from the line. "It was great. Everything is fine. I'm staying at Kyuhyun's place," replied Jimin.

"Wow! You're lucky."

"It wasn't easy. But I begged so hard until he gives in."

"You are so brave." Jimin chuckled. "Well, I'm not staying here permanently. I must leave once my contract expires," she said. "Oh. Then, where will you go after that?" asked Jiyoon, feeling concern. "I'm not sure. But I'll think about it soon," Jimin replied her with a sigh. "You should. Your 100 days will be over next month," said Jiyoon.

"Hey! Are you doing your chore?" Kyuhyun called from his room. Jimin heard him and said to her friend, "I gotta finished my chore now. Talk to you next time." Jiyoon said good bye. Jimin pressed the end call button and resumed her work. Kyuhyun was drying his hair with a towel. "I heard you talking to someone just now," he said. "It's just Jiyoon," said Jimin. "Who's Jiyoon?" asked Kyuhyun. Before Jimin could reply, he remembers the girl who helped her with the groceries. "Oh! I remember her! She was the one who helped you with the groceries, right?"

Jimin nodded her head. She switched off her vacuum cleaner and puts it back in the storeroom. "I'm done at last!" she sighs and she went to the bathroom to take a shower. A few minutes later, she came out, feeling clean and washed up. Since she has nothing to do, she watch TV with Kyuhyun. There was silence between them. To break the silence, Kyuhyun nudged Jimin. "Hey, slave!" he called.

Jimin didn't like to be interrupted when watching a show on TV. "What?" she respond in annoyance. "Summer is just around the corner. Do you have any plans for the holiday?" asked Kyuhyun. "I planned to go back to Busan to visit my family," replied Jimin. Kyuhyun became surprised. "Oh? You're from Busan? I didn't know that. I'm surprised you didn't speak in your dialect," he said. "I came to Seoul after I graduated from high school. My parents couldn't afford to send me to any universities. I had to find a job in town. Working in the factory is the most convenient job for me. After being here for so long, I got used to Seoul dialect that I didn't used my home dialect very often," Jimin explained. 

Kyuhyun listened with curiousity as he get to know her more often. "How about Jiyoon? Is she from Busan too?" he asked. "No. She's from Jeju," replied Jimin. "We became friends because we were room mates for two years." Kyuhyun nodded his head as he switched the channel. Jimin looked at him, feeling very relaxed. "No schedule today?" she asked. "No. It's my day off. I need a rest too, you know," replied Kyuhyun. Jimin just smiled and watched the TV.

"You know, I've been thinking. Since you're staying with me, we can start to get to know each other better," Kyuhyun made a suggestion. Jimin shrugged her shoulders. "That is up to you. I don't mind," she said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter