Day6- Jaehyung

K-Pop Drabbles

Group: Day 6

Member: Jaehyung

Imagine: Bookstore

Requested by: AvyA7X

 

He wasn't the bookstore type. At least, you didn't think he was. The large glasses appeared to be for show, he was always impeccably dressed, and he usually had at least a girl or two following him around, though he didn't seem to pay much attention to them. Taking all of that into consideration, you couldn't figure exactly what her was doing here.

Everyday, for the past two weeks.

Maybe it was normal, and he was usually there. You had had a shift change a few weeks back, about when you had started to notice him, but when you asked the other workers they had claimed to not know him.

Regardless, something about him had caught your eyes. Maybe it was the obtrusively good looks; they seemed so out of place in a bumble book store. It was why you were still thinking about him, even as you were in the back of the furthest shelf. Besides, if he did buy something, he without fail came to your register. Sometimes a book, sometimes a bookmark or notebook, but he almost always got something and he always got it from you.

You dispelled your thoughts of him and turned instead to your work; you couldn't spend your day fantasizing about him. By your side you had a cart filled with books to be shelved, and with a resigned sigh you set to your task. While you loved your job, this wasn't going to be fun. Half of the pile went on the top shelf and someone had broken the stool a week earlier.

Going up on your toes you could just barely reach the shelf. You shoved a few books to the side to make space and then fell back on your heels, letting out a little huff at the stretch. You checked the pile, picking the books you needed, and then went back up, trying to get the books into position without falling over or dropping the books on your head. Or both.

“Do you need a hand with that?”

You spun around in surprise as you wobbled back onto flat feet, the smooth male voice not something you were expecting. Neurons firing, you tired to connect the owner to the voice, only to turn and see a familiar face.

“Oh...”

“Let me.”

He took the book from your hand and, effortlessly, shelved it in its proper location. Slightly shocked by the sudden appearance, you simply stood and watched. Large glasses, messy light hair-- he was exactly like always. He stuck out a hand to you, offering his greetings after helping.

“My name is Jae, nice to meet you.”

“Hi, nice to meet you.” You murmured your name and he broke into a grin. He seemed buoyant, happy to be chatting with you.

“I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime, get a drink or dinner. I see you around a lot...”

Did he come here to see you? Your heart was beating a million miles a second, excited and nervous all at the same time. Worried you would screw something up if you spoke, you simply nodded in response; Jae's smile widened.

“Great! In the meantime, do you need help with any more of those books?”

He pointed to the shelf. You pulled one from the pile and showed him where it went, somewhere just beyond your reach. As he shelved it, you wondered just how excited you were allowed to be, and smiled.