Shinee- Jonghyun

K-Pop Drabbles

Group: Shinee

Member: Jonghyun

Imagine: Stuck in an elevator

Requested by:Taemins_LittleNoona

 

“I'm going out for the evening, so don't wander off okay? Stay within the Casino. I can't speak for the reception but keep your phone with you anyway.”

You nodded at each point, ready to leave the room and meander around the building on your own a bit. You had come with you mother, and as she laid out some basic rules you couldn't help but roll your eyes. You were old enough to be there and play legally, but she still treated you like a child.

“I'll be fine. Have fun, okay? I'll be around so call me if you need me.”

She was already gathering her purse. With one quick goodbye, she was out, leaving you on your own. You debated for a few minutes as to what to do and decided, first of all, to go explore downstairs. Phone and keys in your pockets, you left the room, closing the door behind you.

“I'll see you downstairs then.”

You glanced down the hallway to locate the source of the voice, finding a few rooms down from your a group of five attractive young men about your age. While four were heading into the room, the last was breaking from the rest and heading in your direction. You dedicated and extra glance to their attractive figures before heading towards the elevator. No need to waste a view.

“Don't take too long!”

You stepped into the elevator and pressed the ground floor. The young man, now heading in your direction after calling one last time to his friends, saw you and jogged towards the elevator.

“Hold that please?” He called, and you put an arm between the doors just as the began to close. Smiling, he made his way into the elevator as you pulled back your hand.

“Thanks,” he slid insides, nodding to you in acknowledgment.

“No problem,” you responded. The doors slid closed.

“Nice to meet you,” he held out a hand for you to take, which you accepted with pleasant surprise. “My name is Jonghyun. You?”

“It's nice to meet you.” You responded and offered your name and a smile. “Are you here with friends?” You asked inquisitively, making room for the conversation to continue as the elevator smoothly progressed downwards.

His smile only widened. “Yeah, for my friend Taemin's birthday. He's the baby, just turned twenty one, so--”

He stopped as the elevator made a strange sound, a high-pitched screech that made your heart drop. You waited in silence together for a moment cautiously, but the elevator continued to move and the dinging signally each floor passed continued.

“Must need some oil,” you joked painfully. Jonghyun chuckled in response. “It sounds a little--”

The sound came back with a vengeance, this time accompanied by a jerking shudder that ended with the definitive sensation of a halt. You stumbled and Jonghyun automatically reached out to grab your arm and stabilize you, though he was unsteady as well.

The blood rushed from your head and your ears were ringing. You had just enough time to look to Jonghyun, both of your eyes wide with surprise, before the lights flickered and went out.

It took a few seconds for the emergency lights to come on, but there were so dim that it hardly mattered. You couldn't even see your hand in front of your face. You let out a sharp exhale and took an unsteady step towards the buttons-- not that you could see them.

“Power must be out,” Jonghyun murmured, thinking out loud. “I wonder what happened. I can call but I doubt they can get to us until the power is back. We'll probably have to wait a while.”

You had found the buttons and were pressing them, first cautiously one by one but soon frantically, hitting anything you could in hopes of a response. The darkness and small space seemed to be closing in on you, reminding you eternally that you were stuck in a small metal box with no escape.

“Hey, are you okay?”

Jonghyuns voice was filled with concern, but your ears were ringing and you weren't paying to attention to Jonghyun or what he was saying. When the buttons failed you moved on to the doors, grabbing at the minuscule space between them and clawing at it desperate to escape. The air seemed too thick, not something you could breath anymore, something that would choke the life from you.

“Hey, calm down, breathe--” Jonghyun was trying again, voice closer now, but you ignored it as you attacked the doors. Everything was dark, too dark, no matter where you turned.

Jonghyun grabbed your shoulders and spun you around, pulling you away. “Hey, listen to me, it's okay, take a deep breath.”

You heard him as though he was far away, but he was breaking through, the warmth of his touch seeping into you gently. Only then did you begin to realize your own state. Your hands were shaking uncontrollably, grip weak and fingers sore, and your breath was coming in shallow, quick gasps that were making you see stars. With undivided attention you slowed your breathing, taking deeper breaths that eased your panic.

“There you go, good, keep breathing...” Jonghyun was caressing your hair, the cautious touches slowly becoming more heartfelt as he pulled you into a hug. You rested there against his chest for a minute as you slowly calmed down.

“You should have told me you were scared,” he murmured. As your trembling lessened he pulled away and dug his phone out of his pocket. “Let me make a call real quick, okay? Just keep breathing.” He hand moved to your back, moving rhythmically in small circles. You nodded, pulling away just a little, and pulled out his phone, dialing quickly.

“Hey, Taemin... Yeah, I'm stuck in the elevator with someone... Stop it's not like that. Can you hurry and contact someone about it? Yeah... Looks like the fourth floor. Great, thanks, bye.”

He hung up and stuck the phone back in his pocket, and you pulled away complete, calmed by his voice. “There, that's not so bad, is it? Here, sit down.”

He sat down with you on the corner of the elevator, holding your hand so you wouldn't feel lost in the darkness. “So, they should be here in a little while. Are you feeling better now?”

“Yeah, thank you.”

“Good. So the other day, I...”

He began chatting with you, talking about anything and everything to keep you distracted until they would come. When you finally heard them, knocking on the door and asking with you were okay, you squeezed Jonghyuns hand in the darkness.

“I was wondering...” you murmured, “if, as a thank you, I could take you out to dinner sometime?”

Jonghyun chuckled, but the sound was kind. “I would love you. If you're free, we could go tonight.”

You smiled, even though it was too dark for him to see. “I would like that.”