Seventeen- Woozi

K-Pop Drabbles

Group: Seventeen

Member: Woozi

Imagine: Woozi helping you pick up books you dropped...

 

You were drowning.

Not literally, of course, but you rather felt like it. Your research paper required a minimum of seven different sources, a paper from hell, and you had just gone to the library. You backpack was already stuffed to the brink so the books went in your arms, the stack so tall that you couldn't see over the top of it. And, for all of this, you would probably would use maybe two of the books you were holding. You groaned.

Your arms were tired, and understandably so, but you still had a ways to go before you could put the books down. People were everywhere, swarms of self-absorbed students rushing too and fro as the next set of classes was about to begin. You were navigating them as best you could, but without being able to see very much you were working mostly off of luck. Someone bumped into your shoulder with a backpack and nearly caused you to drop the whole stack, murmuring a pathetic apology before rushing off; you were too busy stabilizing your currently leaning tower to acknowledge it.

“Ya, look you!”

There was a sudden rush of wind as a bicycle zipped past, inches away from hitting you. You stumbled back, balance long gone from the surprise with the book flying everywhere. They hit the ground with heavy little thuds all around you, but it wasn't enough to keep you upright. Unceremoniously you fell with them, landing on your in the middle of the concourse. No one moved to help you, and the biker was already long gone. You put your head back in annoyance. Apparently, you had really crappy luck.

“Are you okay?”

You snapped to the side in surprise at the voice, not having expected anyone to take a second out of their routine. Next to you was couched a boy with fringed pink hair and wire rimmed glasses, a few of your books already in his arm while he held out a hand to assist you. Grateful, you wiped your dirty palms and then let him help you up.

“I'm fine, thanks. Just startled. Crap, I have to pick all of these up now...” People were mulling around, taking extra glances but not stopping now that you had someone with you. Assuming he would leave now that he had been necessarily polite, you went to your task of gathering the lost items, creating a stack on the floor.

He didn't leave. Instead, he leaned over and gather the books with you. He reached for the last one at the same time as you, fingers brushing yours for a second before he pulled away; you immediately felt your cheeks begin to turn pink with a little blush.

“Let me help you with these.”

By the time you gathered the last book and turned around, he already had half the stack in his arms. “Oh no, really, its okay, I can--”

“It's really no problem.” He smiled at you over the books, revealing happy crescent eyes that made your heart take an extra beat. You gathered the rest of the pile.

“If you're sure...”

“Of course. I'm Woozi, by the way; nice to meet you!”

You grinned and returned the greeting as he walked with you back to your room. Maybe your luck wasn't so bad after all.