Seventeen- DK

K-Pop Drabbles

Group- Seventeen

Member- DK

Imagine- Prank gone wrong

 

For as early in spring as it was, the afternoon was surprisingly warm. The sun was shining, and you were quite enjoying your walk; the park wasn't far from your house, and on the weekends you would usually go. You had your headphones in, in your own little world, and didn't hear that shouting around the corner.

“Enemy approaching, ready weapons--”

You tucked your ipod in your purse, enjoying you song as you headed around a corner.

“--Take aim, aaaand fire!”

“Waah!” You let out a screech of surprise as you were doused in water, damned cold water at that. You tried to block yourself unconsciously, but that only served to get you even more wet.

“What the hell are you doing?!” You yelled, water getting in your eyes and making it hard to see. Your ear buds fell out to dangle at your side, likely ruined by the water, and the pummeling abruptly stopped.

“I am so so sorry,” someone was apologizing profusely but you were still to busy wiping the water from your gaze to see. You felt a towel put around your neck to gently soak some of the water from your dripping hair. “It was a prank for my friend, I thought you were him--”

You looked up, half in annoyance and half in amusement. A tall young man was in front of you, leaning close to help dry the water. In one hand he held an impressively large water gun. A few apparently friends meandered around behind him, whispering to each other. “I'm DK, nice to meet you.”

“Ah, hi,” you said, taking the towel yourself and fluffing your hair so it would dry. “I wasn't expecting it, but it—”

Waaaaahhh--” As soon as you raised your arms the boy spun around, hand in front of his eyes. All of his friends were staring and you couldn't figure out why, but apparently DK knew. He spun back around to face you immediately, a blush across his cheeks, and snatched the towel back. He scrambled with it for a moment, almost dropping it, before holding it between you like a curtain.

“...What are you doing.” You had an eyebrow raised, utterly confused, and wanting the towel back. Your wet hair was starting to drip water down your back and you weren't very happy about it.

“Your, um, shirt is white.”

You grabbed the towel and pulled it to your chest, covering the now see-through fabric with it as your cheeks turned red with a monstrous blush. DK bowed his head. “I'm really sorry! Do you live close by? I can walk you home...”

You nodded, still flustered. “Just down the street, if you wouldn't mind...”

“Of- of course not, it was my fault after all...” he nodded sheepishly and mused his hair in a way that you might have found exceedingly attractive if not quite so indisposed.

“Oohhhh, DK got a date--” One of the boys from behind hollered to him, another adding a whistle.

“Oh shut it.” DK yelled back though he was smiling; he tossed the person his water gun. “I'll be back in a bit,” he yelled back before turning to you. “Ready?”

“Y-yeah...” you mumbled, even more embarrassed now. You struggled to keep the towel up and wipe water out of your eyes.

“Here, let me help you with that...” DK leaned forward and took the corners of the towel, tucking them over your shoulders so it wouldn't fall so easily. “And uh...” as he trailed off he reached out and pushed back a lock of hair that was plastered to you face and tucked it behind your ear. “A little better?”

“Yeah, thanks...” You looked to the side, but DK just grinned.

“Lets go then!”

He linked an arm in yours despite your wet state and began chattering all the way back to your house; but the time you were waving goodbye, you were certain you would be seeing him again very, very soon.