Promise

Collection of BTS One Shots

> jung hoseok, angst, 898 words.

>> Person A cradling Person B’s head, frantically trying to stop their bleeding, when Person B suddenly asks A to marry them. When Person A tells them to stop joking around, B pulls a wedding ring out of their bloodied coat. The moment A says yes, Person B’s last breath leaves them. I changed it up a little, though.

[please listen to this it makes the fic more dramatic]


Choked sobs echoed around the quiet room and faint shushing was heard now and then.

“Stop crying, silly.” Hoseok’s soft voice whispered.

“Ya! Why are you calling me silly at a time like this?!” You bursted out as you put more pressure onto the wound that was spurting out blood like there was no tomorrow. A painful gasp came out of your boyfriend’s mouth.

“Because you look prettier when you smile than when you cry,” Hoseok slowly reached his hand up to your cheek and softly your wet skin. Although his head was awkwardly placed on your left arm, he could see clearly the tears that escaped your eyes, staining your cheeks along the way.

“Damnit... Damnit, DAMNIT! Why isn’t the blood stopping!?” You yelled to yourself, doing your very best to stop the bleeding, but it was no use.

“Hey, hey, look at me.” Hoseok’s voice snapped you out of your trance as you quickly looked down at him.

“I know this may be a bad time to say this,” he laughed before his face scrunched up in pain.

“Will you marry me?”

At the sound of those words you froze in place, eyes widening and mouth slightly agape.

“Y-yah, don’t joke around like this Hoseok, I swear, this is not the time to joke!” More and more tears fell onto Hoseok’s soft face.

Little did you know, he had already pulled out a small, matte black box with a gold azalea flower imprinted on the top. He opened the box ever so gently, and inside was a flawless and beautiful diamond ring that twinkled. Your words were lost as you continued to watch the ring sparkle with much beauty and grace.

You broke out of your trance when Hoseok slowly grabbed your hand and slid the ring onto your green painted nail ring finger as more tears began to flush out.

“I’ll take your silence and admiration as a yes,” Hoseok chuckled slightly. You cupped your mouth and closed your eyes, nodding your head while leaning down and placing your face in your dying boyfriend’s neck, muffling the sobs that escaped painfully. His pale hand softly grabbed your wrist, his thumb rubbing circles slowly as his words were becoming more and more muffled.

“You know how much I love you right?” He didn’t wait for your reply before continuing on. “You were the best thing that had ever happened to me. I promise you. You know how I can prove that promise? I’m marrying you.” A tired smile tugged on his lips. “Although we might not be able to have a real wedding with a beautiful large cake with our silly faces printed on it, or have our first slow dance as a married couple together, or have kids of our own; I will never stop loving you. Remember our vows? ‘Till death do us part’. I don’t believe that. Even when I’m gone from the world, gone from your side, I will always be here for you, with you; supporting you every step of the way.”

“I’ll never forget you. It would be selfish to say join me in heaven soon, but is it so selfish to be with my wife?” You lifted your head slowly; your hand that was now drenched with tears was still over your mouth. “Promise me one thing,” he took your hand and placed a tender kiss on it, not bothered by how wet it was. “Be happy. Stay happy. Even though I want to be selfish and tell you to stay with me, find somebody else. Find somebody else that will be able to grant you kids, give you the life you deserve, love you as much as I do or even more than I do. I’ll be watching from above, and if you move on I will still support you and still love you, because you were mine first. But don’t forget me; I beg of you.” Hoseok’s voice was now quiet and almost inaudible. Sirens in the distance was heard as his breathing began to slow down and the blood on his shirt dried out.

“Hoseok, Hoseok please stay with me, the ambulance will be here soon, stay with me Hoseok!” You shouted as you see Hoseok’s eyes gradually starting to close and panic levels increase inside of you. “Hoseok please,” you wailed, pulling him close to your body as you lightly pat his face to keep him awake.

“I love you. Promise me you’ll stay happy and not forget about me.”

“Yes! Yes, I promise, now promise me you’ll stay awake! Hoseok please I’m begging- Hoseok!” His hand that was once on your stick wrist fell limp and your screams got louder and louder, refusing to accept that your loved one was gone.

Your body rocked side to side with a lifeless Hoseok in your arms. Your tears soaking his scary pale face as you tried your very best to get him to wake up, but you knew it was too late; you knew there was no point. He was gone.

Your wails and screams were soon drowned out by the numerous sirens outside of the building, and people rushed into the room surrounding you and the dead man, but you continued to rock the lifeless body, humming a soft lullaby that your husband always loved to hear when he couldn’t sleep.

“I love you.”