Not So Bad

Collection of BTS One Shots

kim namjoon, fantasy - werewolf!au, 2009 words. written for #SwitchItUpWeek2015 hosted by Kaye Allen. first werewolf!au fic, excuse any mistakes ^^'


The wind brushed against the trees harshly, deafening you as you sprinted as fast as your legs can move through the dim forest that was slowly turning darker by the second.

 

You didn’t know how you woke up in the middle of a forest. From what you could remember, you were trying your best to fall asleep because staying up after 3am for a silly gaming tournament wasn’t the best thing you had done, especially on a school day; but your thoughts were rudely interrupted as someone had harshly knocked on your door and an unpleasant groan followed after. (Which, to be honest sounded like someone was thrown against it rather than what knocking originally sounded like.)

 

“Who-” before they had let you finish your sentence, the once smooth beige door was thrown wide open with much force that caused an evident crack down the middle of it. A silhouette of a human body being lifted up and their screams bounced around the walls of the hallways and broke into your room, before their body was torn in half. As much as you didn’t want to believe it, standing in front of the halved human was a large werewolf.

 

Truthfully speaking, you didn’t think they existed. Kinda like a bigfoot thing - it was all superstition to you. Folklore; the things people use to scare kids at night, on Halloween, or the typical horror story around the campfire. (But let’s be honest, it’s in coming to the end of November, who would go camping at such a cold time like this?)

 

It was all a joke to you; until you had seen one ripping what looked like your father right in front of your very own eyes. That, was when things clicked and the next thing you knew you were sprinting towards your window that was hidden by long and elegant curtains.

 

Moments like these you had thanked your parents for allowing you to dib the larger rooms. You weren’t the youngest in the family so you usually didn’t get the best out of the options, but this - this was a very good option. It bypassed time for the werewolf to throw the body pieces away before leaping into the large room, and by that time you were already out of the window and slowly but hurriedly jumping down.

 

But man, was that a bad idea. You were quite high up, but thanks to the window ledges you somehow managed to get down a little easier but not much. Hitting the floor with a grunt, a sickening crackle and pop entered your ears; but before you could take the time to register what it was you hopped off and began running in whatever direction your legs decided to take you as your brain worked as your own GPS for now.

 

Turns out that crackle and pop was your ankle failing on you as you now limped-slash-hopped towards ‘safety’, wherever that will be. Safe isn’t even a word you could use right now as you were far from being safe. A large werewolf chasing after you ready to tear your body into pieces and probably feast on it wasn’t the ideal situation you wanted to be in on a Wednesday night.

 

“Come on, where’s the nearest police station,” you harshly whispered and panted to yourself as your head kept turning back to see if the werewolf was anywhere near you.

 

This is why you hated nights. Even with the help of streetlamps, everything was still ridiculously dark and it made it even creepier that the trees and bushes rustling - you would even mistaken your footsteps beating against the concrete full of fallen leaves for the werewolf’s.

 

Who knows how long you’ve been running for now, but the pain was getting worse to the point where it even hurt for your foot to be lifted off the ground, so shuffling towards something that was hidden from the streets but wasn’t too far into the dark side, you had brought out your phone to get a clear location of where you are and where the hell you can go for help.

 

Low battery. Your phone buzzed a few times. You scoffed. “Low battery... Exactly the two words I didn’t want to see right now.” Glancing at the battery and seeing it was on 10%, you immediately loaded up maps and pinpointed the nearest police station.

 

“Ugh, that’s like 10 minutes away from here...” You muttered both in anger, exhaustion, and pain. Your ankle looked like the size of a golf ball now which caused you to close your eyes in defeat. Why me? Out of everybody else, why did that stupid werewolf have to come and get me?

 

The night was getting colder and darker so it was either stay and either freeze or get caught by the werewolf, or else heave your up and get moving. With much protests, you chose the latter as you used the wall to push yourself off the horribly cold ground.

 

Mumbling a string of curses, you hopped your way towards the direction of your last remaining hope. Like every other person, you questioned the Gods - but honestly right now if anyone had seen the state you were in they might question your sanity more than anything. In fact, on the topic of people, where was everybody exactly? The street is more dead and eerie than a graveyard which scared you the most. At least graveyards were supposed to be filled with dead people with a hollow and dull atmosphere, streets are not.

 

A chill suddenly enveloped your body as your hands shot up to your arms. Your phone which was dead in your hand dropped onto the floor, you cursed at your stupidity as it just stalls extra time to get to the police station quicker.

 

“Stupid hands, dropping this stupid phone.” It pained to even bend down - at this point you just wanted to sit and cry. You didn’t even care if the werewolf came and ripped you apart there and then now.

 

Exhaling deeply, you watched as a small grey cloud of smoke escaped from your mouth as you stood up straight again... Just to be face to face with the werewolf that you could have sworn that was going to take you and rip you apart.

 

“Hello there.” With eyes wide and a mouth wider than you thought it could open, your eyes rolled to the back of your head and out.

 

Okay, maybe now you cared about the werewolf coming to rip you apart. Maybe that doesn’t sound like a good idea at all.

 

● ● ●

 

So now, you’re running carelessly towards some direction. Your heart slamming against your chest like never before as pants came out quicker and quicker. Hair flying all over the show with a dead cell phone still in your hand.

 

You had woken in a fresh pile of leaves that looked untouched by anything with a bandaged ankle. The pain wasn’t excruciating - it still hurt, but enough to endure.

“What the , what the , where am I honestly, why the hell am I here, what the hell, WHERE AM I GOING?!” You impatiently questioned in your head as your mouth was shut tight, not a word wanted to leave your chapped lips.

 

When will the day come that things will return back to normal and werewolves will stay a piece of everybody’s imagination that you found silly again... Maybe tomorrow. Maybe next week. Maybe this was just a silly dream that you can’t wake up from; or maybe never.

 

Maybe this is just something you’re going to have to accept and live with for the rest of your life, haunting your dreams, turning everything white to black, and every happiness radiating off of you will turn into emptiness.

 

The wind was stronger today. Today, tonight, whatever the time of the day it was. The trees were rattling away, but your ears perked at the sound of the bushes closest to you rustling; which, you could guess pumped the adrenaline inside you and pushed you to run faster.

 

But only one thing was really bugging you out of everything that was floating about in your head.

 

Who bandaged you up?

 

A large shadow leaped from your right, stopping right in front of you as a piercing screech left your mouth. Hands shot up to your mouth and your ankle painfully colliding due to the pressure you put on it on the forest floor to stop you from jumping onto this thing in front of you.

 

Falling on your , you groaned in fear as you tried to shuffle back. Man, I gotta stop hurting myself. You thought before your attention returned back onto the man-eating beast in front of you.

 

It towered over you. The face and stance showed dominance as it slowly approached your feeble body. Your eyes shut tightly when it got closer, praying to the Gods to let your death be quick and painless, you couldn’t take this any longer.

 

“Man, will you stop running away? I bandaged your ankle and now you go and gotta ruin it again... Do you feel any pain at all?” A deep, deep - when I say deep, I mean deep voice rumbled from the beast’s throat. Wait, did he just talk?

 

Your eyes shot open as his once dominant and ridiculously frightening face was replaced with a... sarcastic look?

 

“You talk?” Was the first thing that came out of your mind after who knows how long you’ve slept for.

 

“Of course. I’m not like your typical werewolf from them stupid folklores that you read.” He scoffed and within the blink of an eye, he returned back to human form.

 

“I’m Namjoon.” This... man-once-beast-thing, offered his hand for you to take. Still in shock, your eyes just stuck onto his face like glue.

 

He chuckled. “Dog got your tongue?”

 

“W-wha-”

 

“I know, things can get a little bit shocking, I know. Been there, done that.” He spoke away like he had known you for a while. Why was he being so nice? Didn’t he just rip your father into pieces right in front of you?

 

“Hurry up and get up if you can, it’s getting cold out here,” he shivered.

 

“N-Namjoon, y-you’re...” Your eyes glanced down for two seconds before a heavy blush fell onto your cheeks. “...,” you lastly whispered before shooting up from your position.

 

“Oh damn... I forgot to bring some clothes... Oh well, just follow me!”

 

“Wait!” He glanced back at you. Your hand circled his bicep, not surprised (for once) at how big they were.

 

“Why aren’t you ripping me to pieces like the way you did to my father?”

 

“Oh that was your father? Sorry... He got in the way...” He-... He got in the way?! That was his reply?!

 

“What?!”

 

“Hehe, sorry...?” His right arm shot up to the back of his neck, your hand falling from his bicep.

 

“Namjoon!” Your loud voice echoed through the eerie forest.

 

“He...He... Anyway! No time to mope, we’ve got dinner waiting!” He grabbed your tiny wrists before pulling you gently towards the direction you came from.

 

“Oh god, please, I don’t want to eat humans thank you very much.”

 

“Oh it’s not human... It’s pig intestines!” His rather nice and soothing laugh ricocheted around the trees as a fake gagging sound emitted from your mouth.

 

“Why did you come to my house out of everybody’s...” The question slipped out of your mouth before you could stop yourself.

 

“I smelt a strawberry scented shower gel - personally one of my favourite smells. So I came after you.” He looked back while he kept walking and flashed a cheesy grin like it was the most normal thing to do.

 

“Man, you’re weird.”

 

“I’m not weird, I’m a werewolf.”

 

“You’re a werewolf and a human.”

 

“Thanks, I didn’t know that.” He laughed as you scoffed and rolled your eyes.

 

Hey, for a werewolf that looked intimidating and terrifying at first glance, he isn’t so bad.