Hot Chocolate and Storms

Collection of BTS One Shots

> yoonmin, coffeeshop!au ; barista!yoongi, fluff, 862 words.

>> “you walked here in a blizzard to get your hot chocolate but you forgot your wallet at home, here, let me buy your drink for you”


The doorbell chimed to signal somebody had came in. Which was odd, because there was a terrible blizzard outside the shop currently and the streets were soulless, as was the shop.

So when Yoongi heard the bell go off, he was quite confused as to why someone would be out in that horrible weather. Never mind that, he could feel anger bubbling inside him. Why would they be out in that weather? Did they want to freeze to death?

But much to his surprise, it was a cute, pale boy who seemed smaller than Yoongi at first, but after approaching the counter he could see the tiny height difference between the two.

“Hi, what would you like?” Yoongi started off, feeling bad for the young lad as he began to shiver intensely.

“C-can I have a large hot chocolate, please?” He said, wrapping his arms around his thick torso due to the bubble coat. His voice was high and sweet, though icy. Probably because he was stuck outside for a long time and only now he could find a shop that was opened for him to get comfort and at least some heat.

“Sure. What’s your name?” Yoongi glanced away to grab the mugs rather than the polystyrene cups because he had a feeling the boy wasn’t going to go out in that for a while.

“Jimin.” Jimin. Even his name is cute.

“That’ll be...” Click click click... “£3.20 please.”

Jimin hesitantly let go of himself, feeling his pockets from outside of the coat, to the inside, and the same with his trousers, but no evidence of a wallet.

“,” he swore under his breath. A slight panic rose in him, but the feeling of foolishness and embarrassment overtook the panic. “I-I’m sorry, I don’t seem to have my wal-”

Ching. The cashier opened.

“Have one on the house then. I already feel bad that you had to stay out there in that horrendous weather, don’t be too worried about it.” Yoongi hadn’t glanced up at Jimin once the cashier opened. “I’ll be back in 2,” Yoongi winked and set off to make two hot chocolates, making sure to top it off with whipped cream and a lot of marshmallows.

“You’re not allergic to marshmallows or whipped cream are you?” Yoongi’s voice raised a little over the kettle.

“Nope.”

With that reply, Yoongi kicked open the tiny flappy door and proceeded to head towards Jimin, handing him his amazingly hot hot chocolate, before nodding his head towards one of the tables.

“T-thank you,” Jimin muttered once seated.

“It’s nothing. If you don’t mind me asking, why were you out in that storm anyway?” The mug collided with Yoongi’s lips as the whipped cream gently stuck against his upper lip.

“I was coming home from school. Accidentally slept when studying so I ended up leaving more later than normal; but of course due to me not checking the weather forecast, I hadn’t known there was going to be such a storm like that.”

“So you’re a school kid.”

“University, actually.” Yoongi glanced up. Jimin looked so young, how can he be a university student?

“I’m 21, by the way. I finished my college course a year earlier thanks to my spanking grades from high school,” Jimin proudly boasted earning a scoff from Yoongi.

“What about you? How come you’re the only shop that’s open,” Jimin glanced around, “and the only one working as well?”

“I own this shop. So technically I also live in here since there is a small housing compartment upstairs. But I have a house on my own so it’s usually untouched. There was no way I was going to sacrifice my health going out there just to head home, when I can enjoy the simple peace here.” Jimin nodded, clearly amused and intrigued by the man sitting in front of him.

Silence fell between the two, but it wasn’t awkward thankfully. The two began to chat now and then, finding out that they had a lot more in common than they thought.

A few hours had passed and a yawn escaped from Jimin’s lips with much protest. Yoongi glanced outside and had seen the storm had lighten up a little, but it was still too risky to go home.

“Tell you what, it’s still a little bad outside for you to be walking home alone, and you obviously don’t have the money to hail a cab. How about you stay here with me tonight?” Yoongi said, leaning forward onto the table.

“U-uh sure... Thank you,” Jimin flashed one of his glorious eye smiles and Yoongi subconsciously smiled.

“Great! Let’s go!” Yoongi grabbed and the two mugs, dumping them into the sink before switching off the lights in the cafe area and flipping the switch so the shudders fell down quickly.

Jimin’s hand quickly enveloped around Yoongi’s own warm one before being dragged upstairs through a hidden door in the staff room.

“Thank you, Yoongi.”

“Yoongi hyung. I’m 24.” Yoongi as well, flashed an eye smile back at Jimin and little did the two know, they were already falling for each other perfectly, piecing together like a perfect puzzle.