I'm Sorry

Collection of BTS One Shots

> yoonmin, zombie!apocalypse au, 751 words | tumblr ver.


“Yoongi, what are you doing?” Jimin’s voice came out in a frightened whisper. Yoongi remained silent, the gun still pointing straight at Jimin.

Yoongi was never scared of anything. Not even when he’d accidentally left the fire on on the stovetop which could have burnt the house down. Not even when he was driving carelessly on his way to Jimin’s house. He wasn’t scared of anything, anything that didn’t include Jimin, anyway. But now, he was more than terrified. He was shaking.

“Come on... Yoongi please, I love you, you know that...” Jimin pleaded, afraid to move a single muscle in his body just in case Yoongi would do something he’d regret.

“I’m not one of them Yoongi! Look, I barely got scratched! I didn’t get bit, Yoongi please, put it... put it down nice and gently, please.” Jimin kept crying, shuffling slowly towards his boyfriend that seemed to be out of his mind.

“D-don’t step any closer!” Yoongi’s strained voice echoed throughout the hallways in the abandoned building where they decided to stay for a night. It was safer than staying outside near those gruesome looking and sounding things. Was safe. Until Yoongi had found a scratch on Jimin’s lower back.

“Put it down Yoongi, listen to me please, I’m not going to change! You’re not in your right mind Yoongi, please don’t kill me!” Jimin was bubbling like a baby now due to fear and betrayal. Who knew the closest person to you could turn on you just like that from a little accident?

But yet, Yoongi still ignored Jimin’s pleas and kept the gun held high. It was the only thing stopping Yoongi from grabbing Jimin and pulling him into a bone crushing hug, whispering endless sorries and leaving millions of kisses all over his face; but he couldn’t risk it. Not now. He’s gotten so far, he can’t give up now. Even if that meant he had to kill off his boyfriend - his only reason to be happy, he would. He can’t imagine dying by being devoured by those hungry monsters out there, never mind being bit and turning into one of those.

Yoongi hated it. He hated it so much. He didn’t want to do this - he could tell Jimin over and over again, but there’s something inside him that felt like this was the right choice.

“I love you, Yoongi! Don’t you love me too? Yoongi, please put it down, y-you’re scaring me... THIS ISN’T YOU, YOONGI!” Jimin released a strangled cry as tears descended from his eyes faster than light, the fear overtaking his body now that he knows his boyfriend won’t do what he says.

“Jimin, I can’t risk it...” A delicate mutter escaped from Yoongi’s mouth. He was surprised he hadn’t broken down and thrown the gun away yet. He was petrified. Petrified - both because he was afraid of hurting Jimin, and afraid Jimin would hurt him.

“Yoongi, I won’t turn! This isn’t a scratch - I-I accidentally cut myself on something sharp! Yoongi please, put the gun down.”

“Do you remember our first date?” Yoongi murmured, cutting Jimin off.

“What?”

“Our first date. I gave you that little blue and black box with the dancer in it. It played music, too. Music that I made.” Yoongi continued to whisper. As if he was to speak loud he would get caught by them.

“You would always open it when you were afraid. When I couldn’t be there, the little spinning dancer and music calmed you.” He looked up. “Do you remember?”

“O-of course I do, Yoongi, why are you bringing that up?” The tears paused, but still welled up in Jimin’s eyes as he confusingly stared at Yoongi.

Yoongi reached out his leg to kick over his bag, but his gun was still held high. He bent down, ripping the zip open and lifting out a small, blue and black box, just like he had described to Jimin. He opened it with caution, as if it was going to break if he were to put more pressure onto it.

“Do you remember this?” Yoongi questioned again. Not waiting for Jimin to reply, he had stepped half way between where he was originally standing and Jimin. Confused, Jimin was at loss of words.

He set it down. So soft, so gentle. Before he went back to his original position. Except this time, his face hardened and his grip tightened.

“I love you Jimin. I’m sorry.”

 

Jimin never heard the end of the song.