Thank You

Collection of BTS One Shots

>> ot7, technically inspired by the theories of run and how jin ended up being the only one dead, 777 words. 

I also apologise if this is messy and all over the show, i haven't written anything in a good while so i'm a little rusty; which also brings me to apologise for not putting up any new chapters. things has been busy and hectic both in my college life and my personal life so i never got the time to write nor post anything. thank you for the support though, i appreciate it.


 

Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind. Taehyung scribbles on the fancy lace napkin placed on the circular table he sat at.

 

How long has it been since they all sat around a table, chatting away without a care in the world? How long has it been since a genuine smile had pulled their lips up?

 

Ah that’s right. The last time they were happy was when Seokjin was alive.

 

It was suffocating, really. Even though there were still 6 boys in the group, they were scratching and yelling to break out. Break out of this uncomfortable nature of pitiful stares and sympathetic pats on the back. Lights flash and shine, laughter echoes around the large hall, the aroma of food flowing through the air, increasing laughter and chatter as stomachs rumbled and cheerfulness is exchanged.

 

Except for the 6 boys, who felt like getting up and leaving. It was too happy. The atmosphere was suffocating. It hurt to see people happy.

 

They were ordinary boys that had a crazy future ahead of them. Their group was filled with talent and the atmosphere of a successful future danced around them. Of course, they all needed each other to push through difficult times; but who done it the best? Who pushed the boys forward and to never give up no matter what happens and what anyone says? Kim Seokjin.

 

So, barging into the dull hospital room that reeked with sadness and pain and coming out with heartaches and tears really took them by surprise. They don’t know what happened or how it happened, but they know that after that they won’t be the same anymore.

 

Seokjin was like a father to them, an older brother that supported their crazy ideas, a best friend that allowed all 6 boys to pick on him and he won’t throw a tantrum at them, a mother that cooked them food and provided aid as soon as a cut appears on their skin; Seokjin was what kept the 6 younger boys in tact.

 

As they grew and rose up the wall of fame, performing as a group of 6, showing their dedication to the music industry; behind those smiles was an ocean of sadness; the rain that never stopped to show the rainbow. No matter how much happiness and support they got from the fans of all ages, it won’t fill the void that Seokjin’s death had left.

 

Namjoon had learnt how to drive in order to save time having to wait for a chauffeur to pick them up; but also because it reminded of the freedom it gave Seokjin. Seokjin - being the only one that could drive, allowed him to take the rest of the boys on an adventure they’ve always wanted.

 

Sometimes they just want to let loose, be free, take in what nature has to offer them before it’s too late. Life as an idol wasn’t easy so they were more than thankful for Seokjin’s driving ability.

 

“First stop, the mountains!” Namjoon shouted as he revved the car before setting off in a once in a lifetime experience. Cheers and whoops could be heard in the back as laughter was shared and music was blasting. For once, they felt free.

 

Jungkook pulls out a pink polaroid they recognised to be Seokjin’s. He had remembered how Seokjin asked the boys to take the polaroid when they’re going somewhere exciting without him. A soft smile slipped on his face before he asked the other boys to turn around and pose at the camera.

 

Click! A white rectangular photostrip emerges from the top of the camera. Jungkook delicately pulls it out, setting it in an open book - the page is dated and across the top titled “Adventure.”

 

That was the first of many photos taken, filling the book until the end.

 

They had been to different places around South Korea to fulfill the dream that Seokjin wasn’t able to.

 

Slowly but surely, they started to smile again. They may have taken a long time to learn how to move on, but in the end they’re smiling again.

 

Smiling, because they knew Seokjin would be smiling with them.

 

Sticking the last polaroid with all 6 of them in it on the back page, Jungkook had dated the page 151204 before writing one last sentence down.

 

“Thank you.”

 

With one last glance at the page, Jungkook gently sets the book down in front of his gravestone. A gush of wind passes the 6 boys, leaving them with a soft smile tugging at their lips.

 

“Happy birthday, hyung.” The 6 of them whispers before leaving the man to finally rest in peace.