Bitter

Collection of BTS One Shots

>  min yoongi, angst, 791 words | tumblr ver.


 

You loved baking. He knew you loved baking.

 

When he was too busy in the studio going hours without eating, you would always cook up a delicious meal for him with a side of sweet cupcakes to match his stage name you always teased about. 

 

Cupcakes were your favourite thing to bake. You had the arts and craft hand so you would always whip up gorgeous and delicious looking cupcakes which Yoongi devoured without a second thought. 

 

Having Yoongi home was rare, but when he was home he would always ask you to bake for him. There was just something about you baking that made him so happy.

 

Maybe it was the concentrated look when you were figuring out the measurements of the ingredients, or the gleam in your eye after they baked perfectly and your favourite part of it all was the decorating. You loved decorating so much, that you got the decorations out first before the actual ingredients.

 

He’d always come into the kitchen after hearing you hum one of his songs that he created, wrapping his arms around your waist before setting his head down on your shoulder, not forgetting to plant a soft kiss on your shoulder, then your neck, then your cheek; never failing to make you blush every time. 

 

“What flavour are they this time?”

 

“Red velvet! Your personal favourite!” You meekly replied, flashing a grin to the cupcakes as if they were Yoongi.

 

“Can’t wait to eat them,” he mumbled back, feeling all bubbly inside when he saw you happily putting the icing on carefully, occasionally sticking your tongue out.

 

“I love you.”

 

“What?” Still concentrating hard on your cupcake, you accidentally put too much icing on one part of the cupcake.

 

“I love you.” He repeated.

 

“And I-” you paused, sneakily collecting a large bit of icing on your finger, “love you too,” turning around swiftly, you patted Yoongi’s nose with a large blob of icing before giggling. The melodic giggle that makes Yoongi swoon for you.

 

Squeals and laughter dragged on throughout the night as they continued to pour your love for each other with bits of unfinished cupcakes and lots and lots of kisses.

 

Though it was the last memory he had of you two, a smile would always fall on his lips every time he passed the kitchen or a bakery. A smile that reminisced on the memories of when you two would always bake. A smile that was broken and unfixable.

 

Long story short, the day after, you were going about your normal routine. Gearing up with two large lunch boxes in each hand, (you made extra for the boys knowing they were going to be staying much later than usual this time) trotting down the street to the company before two imbeciles decided it was fun to push you around, before one of them ended up pushing you towards a speeding car and next thing you know you were pronounced dead on arrival with your hard working meals and cupcake desserts gone to waste, scattered on the floor.

 

Ever since then Yoongi had never been the same. The smile he smiled was fake. Fake; full with tiredness, unhappiness and heartache. When he got back to the dorm, he trudged to the bedroom with slumped shoulders, muttering a faint I’m going to bed before passing the members quickly.

 

One night he woke up, sweating with anger. Storming out of his room and downstairs into the kitchen, the cold breeze gently attacking his torso as he aggressively dug out the cupcake pan along with the ingredients and equipment. Pouring in the flour without knowing the exact amount, he cracked an eggs skillfully before slamming the egg shells down once the yolk dropped into the flour. 

 

Angered and frustrated tears welled up in his eyes as he bit his lip, hard enough to break the skin and bleed. Tears continuously dropped down into the flour and egg combination as he began to slam his fits onto the counter, his knees weakened making him fall onto the floor like a puddle of jello.

 

Why… Why did it have to be you?” he spoke to himself as he clenched his teeth and balled his fists with more strength, his nails digging into the poor cracked palm that was once smooth when you were there to hold them.

 

“Why!” He outrageously cried as the skies boomed outside with heavy rain hitting the window.

 

He lay in the same spot for who knows how long; but he didn’t care. He was numb from the cold, numb from the pain, numb from the loss.

 

Min Yoongi was no longer as sweet as sugar, but as bitter as salt