My Memories..

Just This Once (She's Gone)

 

*Flashback* (A/N : THIS IS CONNECTED TO THE 1ST CHAPTER )

“Dara..” She tried to respond but she couldn’t. The hell she’d been through for the past 2 days had left her broken, voiceless. She watched helplessly as his face scrunched up in anger as he sees the condition she was in. Jaejoong..

She didn’t even flinch when the cut on her wrists reopened. Her body was numb, not feeling anything. “Fck!” Jaejoong was now beyond angry.

Stay with me. She wanted to say that, so much. She wanted to hug him and cry. She wanted to feel his warmth, smell his heavenly cologne, feel his arms wrapped around her like always. She wanted to, but her body wouldn’t respond. MOVE! MOVE!! She yelled in her head.

“You’re nothing but a worthless ,” he said, as his voice went cold, shedding the warmth and anger from earlier. His eyes went hard as he looked away. It was as if Jaejoong had just slapped her across the face. Twice.

She flinched a little as he wiped his bloodied hands on her torn dress. No! What’s happening? Her mind went into a bewildered and confused state as she watched him leave. FCK! MOVE! MOVE! She struggled as she tried to move towards him. No… No… Don’t leave me, Jae..

Feebly, she called for him, using his nickname, “Donkey..”  She saw him hesitate before fastening his pace, his back still towards her. Lowering her head, all which happened for the past 2 days finally hit her as she started to cry, feeling the pain they inflicted on her body, the pain when he said that. Her bottom lip trembled as pure crystals fell from her eyes.

“Call him.” She could hear his cold voice say. Call who? Jiyong oppa.. She tipped her head slowly upwards as she watched his back fade away. She caught eye contact with Yoochun, his right hand man, looking extremely miserable and guiltily at her as he held the phone to his ear.

“The Scorpions took her,” that was all he said before he hung up. He hurried over to her, taking off his blazer. Kneeling in front of her, he her face gently after draping the blazer over her to protect her trembling figure. “Mianhe, Dara…”

He turned and hurried after Jaejoong and his men before turning and giving her one last lingering look. He flinched at her broken gaze before turning his back on her. Leaving her completely alone.

She cried more as she tried to move forward, her chest heaving up and down as she sobs and trembles. She could still feel the warmth of the blazer covering her up. “No.. Jae..”

 


 

Choi Seunghyun was walking along an alley, his head hung down with his hands in his pockets. This guy wasn’t afraid of walking around aimlessly at night. He IS the reason people are afraid. He ruffled his messy black hair as he kicked a pebble furiously. “Fck! Pisses me off like fck!”

He played with the strings of his hoodie as he thought hard.

As the right hand man of Black Bullets, a rising gang in the underground of Seoul, he was liable to being blamed for that loss of 1kg of in a deal.

“Blame that on the cops,” he muttered bitterly. Why had they arrived at the scene? His guys had lost them while escaping. A snitch. Bloody motherfuc-

“,” he had wandered right into the Scorpian’s domain. He was expecting at least 10 assheads with bats charging at him right now, not the odd silence. “Hmmm..” he cautiously walked along when he spotted a few bodies on the floor. “HAH! Someone finally got fed up by their useless bragging,” he smirked as he started to take in the view around him.

His eyes widened as he saw a woman sprawled on the floor, her dark brown hair streaming all over her face, taking in the torn garment she’s wearing, covered by a blazer.

“Aww ,” he muttered, messing up his hair again. He was a gangster but he detests inflicting pain on women, heck, he doesn’t even use them like his men. Having a mother and older sister he loves dearly makes him respect them instead.

He hurried over to check if she’s still breathing, his hand checking for a pulse at her neck. “The fck?” He finally took in everything, her cut wrists with dried up blood, her torn blood-stained dress, even her face. It was covered in cuts and dirt. A bruise at her right cheek and a busted lip. Her eyes were closed, her eyelashes moist with tears. He sighed as he felt a pulse, weak, but still a pulse. The blazer slipped onto the floor.

He carried her up quickly and got away from the area with light and quick footsteps. The hell? She’s so light. Had they starved her? Bastards. He kicked a body lying on the floor.

He was already a distance away when he heard an angry shout. “WHERE THE FCK IS DARA!”

His pace quickened as his heart raced. They have to get out of here pronto. Or she’ll end up in their captivity again and he’ll get beaten up for trespassing. Of course he could take on those lousy asses, just not 100 against 1. FCK! He tried to remember where he parked his bike. He looked at the woman in his arms. How the hell am I going to get her home? He gave a sigh of relief as a yellow car came towards them. It’s a sign from heaven. THANK YOU GOD! He flagged the cab over and scrambled into the car, giving his home address. “And please step on it,” he said, before withdrawing a tight wad of cash and throwing them onto the passenger seat.

The old man’s eyes widened as he immediately complied, probably breaking 5 laws on the way to Seunhgyun’s house.

He took off his hoodie and wrapped her in it, revealing his white wifebeaterunderneath. Some color returned to her cheeks as he ordered the cabbie driver to turn on the heater.

“I can’t bring her to the hospital, they’d ask too much questions. The Scorpions would’ve check there first anyway. That is, if she’s someone important,” he muttered as he pulled her hair back from her face.

He furrowed his eyebrows as he gazed at her, still hearing that angry demand in his head. “WHERE THE FCK IS DARA!” She must be someone they held hostage or something.. Dara, so that’s her name. He frowned at her fragile state. Those fcking Scorpions. They’d better watch out.

Little did he know that the Scorpion gang had already been eliminated by DBSK, one of the leading gang in Seoul besides Big Bang on that very night.

 


 

He laid her down onto his bed, his white sheets getting stained by the blood remains on her dress. He had already made a call to Bom, someone he trusts that could help him now.  

“I found a girl, she’s hurt, her pulse is stable now, can you come over?”

“Just lay her on the bed, I’ll get there right this instant,” she’d said curtly before hanging up.

That’s what he likes about Bom, she doesn’t ask any questions.

The room door clicked open as Seunghyun was pulling the cover over Dara.

“I took the liberty of entering the code and coming in myself, hope you don’t mind. Now get out. I need to fix her up,” she kept a poker face as she glanced at that small figure in the kind-sized bed, making her look all the smaller. She placed her kit on the bed as she moved closer to remove the cover off Dara, examining her wounds. She started to remove Dara’s dress.

“Whoa! Wait, what are you doing?!” Seunghyun stared at her.

“I thought I told you to get out? And I heard BOSS was looking for you,” she didn’t even look back at him as her eyebrow furrowed at the damage that had been done on this girl.

“Aww ,” Seunghyun ruffled his hair, frustrated. “I’ll get going,” he said, first retrieving a suit from inside the wardrobe.

Sighing, he looked back at Bom opening her kit and removing the medicines. “Take good care of her, Bom,” he turned to walk away before adding, “Thank you, I’ll buy you a lifetime supply of corn.”

Bom scoffed. “Then you’ll owe me 11 lifetimes of corn by now. Sheesh, you always say that. Now go.”

The hard look in her eyes softened as she watched Seunghyun grinning like a small kid, closing the door as he leaves.

“This is going to be a long night,” she sighed as she looked at the girl.

 


 

Dara opened her eyes and watched as a beautiful lady with long red hair concentrated on cleaning her wounds. She looked down to find herself . Her instincts compelled her to flip this woman over but she felt strangely at ease with her. She thought hard but she couldn’t remember anything. Except for blurry images of a guy. How did I get here? Why can’t I remember anything?

I remember a man, that man I love so much. My donkey..

She could remember that overwhelming fear in her heart.

“You okay?” The woman asked as she continued cleaning the wounds, not looking up. “I… can’t remember anything,” Dara croaked. Bom looked up at her. “My name is Bom, I’m only here to attend to your wounds. You might have lost you memory due to that blow on you head. I’m sorry I can’t tell you anything because I don’t know anything. You’ll have to clarify with Seunghyun when he gets back.” She resumed her work.

That’s Bom, always straightforward and to the point. She wanted to say comforting words but she doesn’t want to get involved with this situation. This is the first time Seunghyun had asked her to do something without even explaining to her. She had never asked but he’s always clear things up with her. What’s different this time round?

“I think… my name is Dara.” Bom’s straightforward speech had stopped her from thinking any further.

 


Bom retrieved some clothes from the wardrobe and gave them to Dara. Her expression softened as Dara thanked her softly. “Seunghyun will be back soon, I hope. I’ll be in the kitchen if you need me.” Dara nodded and watched Bom as she left the room.

She wanted to regain her memory. After all, aren’t your memories what define you? But she sensed something else, extreme pain and heartbreak. She looked down at her body, the cuts and wounds, bruises..  What happened?

“Maybe.. I don’t want to remember. Maybe I shouldn’t remember,” she softly said as she laid back on the bed after putting on the clothes. Bom had changed the blood-stained sheets.

She was sleeping in a fetal position when Bom came up with a bowl of porridge. She gazed at the serene expression on Dara’s face before shaking her head, putting the food on the nightstand. She pulled the cover over Dara.

“Goodbye, Dara.” She said as she closed the door behind her.

Dara woke up to find a bowl of porridge on the nightstand. She lifted her body off the bed slowly, walking towards the window. Sunlight was streaming in as she heard footsteps approaching.

Turning around, she saw a tall man walking with a limp. She could see that he had been hurt, her gaze wandering to his face, taking in the soft brown eyes and well-defined jaw.

He stopped in his tracks and looked at her, almost breathlessly as she opened . “Oppa…?”

 

 


So this is a longg chapter! *er.. for me..*
Once again, thank you for reading! Comments are welcome! *winks*

@shendron : Haha, sorry. I get why you don't get it. I hope you get it now. :)

@mayrie : Waaa I hope this chapter will clear up some of your confusion. Thank you for commenting again! hehe..

AND TO ALL MY SILENT READERS! ^^ Thank you too! :)