The hospital

Just This Once (She's Gone)

 

A/N : To calrify some matters, Dara did had a one of her terror blackouts on that rainy night. Chapter 16 indicates why she acted the way she did at the cemetery - abusing her own legs - and it's also the journey she took when she was unconcious. In the dream, she was Sandara Kwon again with Kim Jaejoong as her enemy. As she remembers, she becomes the battered Sandara Park that she saw, and the following that happened was her internal battle with herself and her situation when Kim Jaejoong left her.

I wanted to let you see how much Dara was hurt as she struggled to pick the shattered pieces of her heart, losing her sanity at one point. 

"YOU FCKTARD"

Running footsteps echoed throughout the hallway as Seunghyun ran towards both of them, stopping in front of Jiyong who had let go of Jaejoong’s shirt at the interruption.

He turned to Jaejoong before planting a hard blow on his face.

“SOLVE YOUR ISSUES WITH ME YOU TARD! DON’T BRING IT OUT ON MY GIRL!” He shouted, panting and out of breath. His clothes were disheveled, his tie loosened. His hair was messy, the dark bags under the rim of his eyes and his 2-day-old unshaven stubble giving him a tired and rugged look.

His bloodshot eyes narrowed at the man staggering against the wall before diverting his attention to Jiyong.

Not recognizing him, he started towards the door when Jiyong blocked his path.

“Get the HELL OUT OF MY WAY.” Seunghyun’s eyes narrowed onto the man who’s glaring back at him defiantly.

“OPPA! Come in!”

Dara cheerfully called out when she heard their voices. Both Jiyong and Seunghyun turned their attention towards the room. Before glaring at each other again.

“Get out of my way!”

“She’s calling ME!” Jiyong exclaimed as he crossed his arms.

“What the- Listen here, you fcker. The girl inside is Sandara Park and she doesn’t know you. MOVE.”

“Oh really?” Jiyong raised his eyebrows as he turned and opened the door.

“OPPA!” Dara laughed as she held out her arms.

Jiyong smiled and went over before feeling a rush of wind past him when Seunghyun darted into Dara’s outstretched arms.

He gaped at the sight before him as Dara hugged Seunghyun tightly.

Seunghyun closed his eyes tightly as he embraced her, missing feeling her small figure in his arms. Tears begin to fall as he kept quiet, just taking in Dara’s presence.

“I was so worried, brat. I went home and I couldn’t find you. The door was open and you were missing and my men couldn’t find you. Someone saw you and I was so worried I ran all over the place trying to search for you. But I couldn’t find you. I thought... I lost you.” He started to choke as Dara pulled back and wiped his tears tenderly.

“Silly oppa,” Dara muttered, her eyes b over with tears as he caught her face with his hands and kissed her on the lips gently.

“Don’t make me worried again, ara?” He looked deep into her eyes, making her blush.

“Ara, ara…” she mumbled softly, looking down to avoid his gaze.

 


 

Jaejoong watched the couple in front of him as he wiped the blood off his lips.

G-Dragon is right. I made my decision. I have to stick with it.

He sighed as he turned and leaned against the wall, looking down at his Armani jacket.

"No matter what happens, I promise you that I would protect you, Dara-ah."

He smiled bitterly as he remembered the fierce Sandara Kwon slapping him for that statement. Chuckling to himself, he peeked into the room, watching Sandara Park being happy with a guy that loves her too.

Sighing resignedly, he retrieved his jacket and walked down the hallway, away from the woman he still loves.



 

Dara eyebrows knitted with sudden realization as she looked at Jiyong who was done talking to Dr. Park.

“Oppa, why didn’t you tell Seunghyun oppa I fell down the stairs?! You made him worried!” she glared at him.

“Her memory hasn’t recovered and is a little fuzzy now. No recollection whatsoever as to what happened to her and her hysteric moments. She might be a tad confused. Just make sure not to remind her of any painful incidents and she’ll be alright.” Dr Park had said.

Jiyong stared at Dara and the confused expression of Seunghyun’s.

She must have associated the present time to the time she was hospitalized when she fell down 2 flights of stairs.

“Haha, mianhe, oppa forgot,” he smiled at her. He gave Seunghyun a warning glance when Seunghyun opened his mouth to say something.

“We’ll go get your walnut ice-cream kay?” he said as he grabbed Seunghyun and pulled him towards the door.

“OKAY!! I want a lotttt~!!” she said as she made a ‘big’ gesture with her hands, smiling happily. “Dr. Park wants some too!” she laughed as she looked at the doctor’s amused expression.

“Dar-“

“Ara, ara.” Jiyong hastily said as he cut Seunghyun off from saying anything, dragging him into the hallway and closing the door.

“What was THAT for?” Seunghyun glared at him as he kept his voice down.

Letting go of Seunghyun, Jiyong turned to face him, a grave expression on his face.

“Who the fck are y-“

Cutting him off, Jiyong glared at him as he crossed his arms and spoke, “I know all about you Choi Seunghyun. You hid my sister from me almost a year ago. She’s not a baker, she’s a designer. Her favorite color is purple, she loves walnut ice cream, she has a scar on her forearm the shape of a crescent moon, she fidgets when she nervous and she is MY SISTER. So don’t even think about bringing her back to that life you created for her, Choi Seunghyun. She is my sister. And I will do everything I can to protect her.”

 

 

“But she remembers you..” Seunghyun said after a short pause.

“Does that mean she remembers her past…?”

Seunghyun glanced warily at Jiyong, his fists tightly balled up. As much as this is for him to absorb, his number one priority is in knowing if Dara will leave him.

“She doesnt.”

“YET.” Jiyong added, emphasizing on that word as he watched Seunghyun leaned against the wall with relief.

“A-Are you going to take her from me?” he asked softly, his head down.

“You seriously going to think I will take Dara from the man that protects her like a fierce lover?” Jiyong raised his eyebrows in amusement.

“Well, yeah, I did think of it but considering the circumstances… It’s not a good thing for her to remember right now.”

He chuckled a little when he sees Seunghyun slumping onto the floor and gazing up at him thankfully. He was starting to like this guy. Ever since he punched Kim Jaejoong in the face.

“Come along, I have some matters to discuss with you.”

“But Dara’s ice-cream.”

Jiyong chuckled as he walked ahead.

“The silly girl will notice the huge tub of it beside her soon enough.”

 


Okay.. THANK YOU AGAIN for the comments and for reading! :) Aigo, I feel happy reading them. >V<