Coming back

Just This Once (She's Gone)

 

 

A/N : To calrify some matters, Dara did had a one of her terror blackouts on that rainy night. Chapter 16 indicates why she acted the way she did at the cemetery - abusing her own legs - and it's also the journey she took when she was unconcious. In the dream, she was Sandara Kwon again with Kim Jaejoong as her enemy. As she remembers, she becomes the battered Sandara Park that she saw, and the following that happened was her internal battle with herself and her situation when Kim Jaejoong left her.

I wanted to let you see how much Dara was hurt as she struggled to pick the shattered pieces of her heart, losing her sanity at one point. 

[] Sometime ago

“I didn’t love her in the first place. Hah! To think that the great Sandara Kwon had fallen into my trap,” he laughed mockingly as he brought the glass of wine to his lips.

Cha Seungwon looked hard at his protégé across the table. He relaxed back into his seat as he asked casually, “Are things going well?” His eyes flickered at the shadow behind the closed door.

Just a few innocent acts and she’s in love,” Jaejoong shrugged. “The age of Big Bang will be over now that I have G-Dragon’s little sister twirled around my fingers.”

“Good then,” Seungwon nonchalantly said as his eyes shifted from the shadow of a slumped figure against the door towards Jaejoong.

“Make sure you proceed with the plan. G-Dragon is interfering with my plans in Japan and I want him out of the way.”

“Yes, hyung. Consider him dead,” Jaejoong leaned forward and poured yet another glass of wine for his mentor.

“I know you, Jaejoong. I trust you.”

Seungwon’s words pierced Jaejoong as he fought to keep calm. Lowering the bottle of wine, he laughed airily.

“Of course, hyung. Big Bang is as good as dead.”

Dara couldn’t handle it anymore. She picked herself off the ground, stumbling out of the premises, running further and further away from them, trying desperately to forget all she just heard. Tears streamed down her face as she ran, wanting to leave behind all those hurtful words behind her, her lips swollen and bleeding as she bit herself to muffle her sobs.

“I love you, Kim Jaejoong…”


 

 [] Present time

Dara trashed around the bed for the 3rd time that day, screaming non-stop.

Jiyong clenched his fists and looked away as the nurses held her down and sedated her.

Dr Park came over, putting a hand on his shoulders. "You should be outside."

"You know what my answer is, sam-chon..." Jiyong sighed tiredly.  *A/N: Sam-chon is uncle.

"I know."

They looked back at Dara now lying peacefully on the hospital bed.

Shaking his head, Dr. Park clapped Jiyong on his back before making his exit, nodding at Jaejoong standing outside the room.

Jiyong sighed as he gently tucked her bangs behind her ear. 

He had thought the hysterical days were over.

A knock on the door brought him to attention as he looked up to see Jaejoong bowing respectfully at the door.


 

Dara woke up to find herself strapped onto a bed, a cast over her right leg in the air.

“I won’t let you! You don’t deserve her!”

“SHE NEEDS ME!”

“FCK YOU FACE! Stick to the decision you made. She is what she is now because of you! Get that through that thick skull of yours!”

“….”

“Get the fck out now or I’ll wipe out the entire DBSK gang. You have your mentor, I have mine.”

Dara gaze wonderingly at the heated exchange outside the door.

“Oppa?” her voice was strong and clear, something she didn’t expect. She felt so thirsty.

The door flew open as Jiyong ran to her side, leaving Jaejoong thinking furiously in the deserted hallway.

“Dara, are you okay? Do you need anything?” he anxiously waited for her to respond, afraid that he would have to call for the nurses to sedate her again like before.

“Oppa, why am I strapped to the bed?” she asked, staring confusedly at the buckles on her hands and left leg.

"I thought I was at the bakery..?"

"Dara-ah, do you remember anything?" Jiyong asked hopefully.

"Hmm..? No, why would I? Where's Seunghyun? Why am I here? Why did strap me to the bed?" She frowned confusedly.

Jiyong sighed in relief before cupping her cheeks gently. “That’s because I thought you were going to eat it all,” he said teasingly.

He pressed the button to alert the nurses as she frowned at him. “Eat what all?”

“My walnut ice cream,” he promptly replied as he grinned foolishly at Dara.

Her eyes widened and twinkled as she gasped.

“WALNUT ICECREAM?”

Dr. Park came in with a few nurses and examined Dara’s state before nodding to the nurses to undo her straps.

Dara was still smiling widely at Jiyong, thinking of her ice-cream. Jiyong chuckled at the sight of his little sister with her eyes slightly glazed over.

"Dara, what do you remember?" Dr. Park asked gently.

Dara snapped back from her faraway gaze and pouted at the doctor slightly.

“Can I have my walnut ice-cream afterwards?”

The fatherly man smiled a little, not the least taken back by her spontaneous question.

“Sure, now... What do you remember, Dara?”

"Jiyong oppa came to see me at the bakery and I remembered some stuff when we were little," she giggled. "Jiyong oppa was so naughty he caught a worm and threatened to put it on me."

She pouted as Jiyong grinned widely.

"Then I called Seunghyun and told him about it and I was starting to close the bakery..." she paused as she thought harder.

"There wasn't anyone else there?" He prompted her.

"No, no, Daesung and Minzy already left," she waved her hand absentmindedly. 

"I can't remember anything else."

She grinned guility at Jiyong and Dr. Park.

Dr. Park smiled and started asking routine general health questions as Jiyong exited the room, closing the door softly behind him.

"So are you experiencing any headaches? Or nausea?"

"No... OH YEAH! I fell down the stairs."

"Really?" Dr. Park chuckled as he scribbled something on his clipboard, he was already so used to treating Dara ever since she was young. Of course she didn't fall down the stairs. He was just getting ready to get home when Jiyong came bursting into his office, telling him his niece is in another one of her hysterical episodes again. It had been a few years since the last one.. 

"Hmmm, doctor? You look familiar."

He chuckled again as he looked at Dara, her doe-like eyes looking up at him.

"Did I see you somewhere? Were you in my dreams? I think I saw you at the mall... I remember that one time Seunghyun brought me to the mall and there was this small kid that wanted to buy a chocolate bar but he doesn't have enough money and.." she continued, oblivious the to gentle shake of his head.

She always gets up nice and chirpy after her episodes, forgetting anything that happened during her terror blackouts.

My niece is still such a small kid.


“Why aren’t you gone now? Haven’t you hurt her enough?”

Jiyong crossed his arms as he glared at the man before him, his head held high.

“G-Give me a chance.” Jaejoong said softly.

“NO!” Jiyong roared as he fumed. “GET OUT NOW before I beat you into a pulp!” he hissed under his breath, remembering Dara was just a door away.

“PLEASE!” Jaejoong choked as he stood his ground and looked at Jiyong. “I-I can’t. It was foolish, I shouldn’t have left her. I lov-“

“Shut the up,” Jiyong hissed as he grabbed hold of Jaejoong’s shirt, shaking him furiously.

“Don’t think I care a dime about your crap. Get. Out. Of. Here. NOW.” 

Jaejoong quietly stared back, refusing to jerk G-Dragon's hands off him.

Jiyong was on the verge of breaking Jaejoong face as he snarled at him.

"She gave up her place beside my throne for you, she changed her name, she changed her identity. She gave up the power she revelled in. She was ready to give up everything for you. And now that my sister is not Sandara Kwon anymore, without her power. Just Sandara Park, a normal girl, a girl without influence, the influence you wanted to rise up in the underworld, you left her."

"No, I wasn't planning t-"

"Leave." 

Jiyong lowered his hands as he turned away. 

"While you have the chance to."

Jaejoong did not hesitate at all at the dangerous tone Jiyong used as he stepped forward, "Just let me see her, please."

"She doesn't remember you. Leave. Now."

"Please."

"Sandara Park might not be a Kwon anymore but the G-Dragon is still her brother. Don't make me. I'm letting you go just this once but never again."

He turned to face Jaejoong as he spat bitterly, "I made a promise to Dara to not hurt you. So leave. While you can."

Jaejoong stood his ground.

 

THeir attention was diverted when they heard someone yelling across the hallway.

 

"YOU TARD!" 

 


I know, I know, I'm naggy. But I'll still say it :P
THANK YOU MY READERS!! *bows*
Thank you for the lovely comments too aigooo ^V^