Confused

Just This Once (She's Gone)

A/N : I'm sorry for the long delay, please reread the previous chapter to refresh your memory...

Dara’s eyelids fluttered a little as she heard voices approaching.

“Omo, Appa, look!”

Running footsteps headed towards her.

“Young lady, are you okay?”

The elderly man slightly tapped her cheeks as he shrugged his jacket off his shoulders, putting it around her.

“Hye Young-ah, call for help.”

The young woman stood dazed for a moment staring at Dara before fishing out her phone from her pocket. Her trembling fingers started to dial for the ambulance when Dara croaked in a strong voice, “NO!”

She stopped immediately and stared at the woman on the ground. Her hair was messy and all over her face, encrusted with mud. Her face was so pale. With Dara’s dirty wet nightgown stained with blood clinging to her body, her long messy hair and nearly-white face, who could blame Hye Young for being slightly frightened at such a sight?

Dara grimaced as she pulled herself up, pushing away the elderly man’s hand as he helped her.

She felt the wounds on her hands reopening and frowned in pain as she struggled to stand. She was momentarily victorious as she stood and leaned against the tombstone, standing on her feet before her knees collapsed, her weak legs not able to withstand the weight of her small body.

The man caught her in time, concern written all over his face.

With a snarl, Dara pushed him away and stumbled backwards, falling onto the ground again. She felt so weak, so drained of energy.

And she hated it. Sandara Kwon hated feeling weak.

“Fck!” she mumbled as she pushed herself up again, only to fall into a heap on the muddy lane.

She grew frustrated as tried unsuccessfully to get up again.

“FCK! FCK!” She started hitting her legs as hard as she could, ignoring the blood streaming down her hands and the wounds on her feet reopening.

Startled, the man ran to her side and started restraining her, gripping tightly on her arms.

“HYE YOUNG CALL FOR HELP!” he yelled as he tried hard to hold the struggling woman down.

“FCK! MOVE! MOVE!! WHY WON’T YOU MOVE?!” Dara desperately shrieked at her legs. “WHAT’S GODDAMN WRONG WITH YOU?!”

A sense of déjà vu washed over her as she tried to get the man off of her. She felt so angry, so frustrated at herself, at her legs that she felt a burst of energy run through her as she tore herself off the man’s strong grip and started to hit her legs as hard as she can.

“WHY WON’T YOU MOVE?!” she screamed.

She stared at the back of the man she loves as he walks further away from her. Further.. Further.. He’s gone.

Hye Young stared dumbfounded at the scene in front of her, frightened out of her wits. Snapping back to attention, she ran towards her father and pulled him away from the mad woman despite his protests.

“Hye Young! Release me now! She needs help!”

“APPA! Don’t! She’s crazy!”

She went forward and pulled the elderly man back.

“DON’T! I’ve called for help, they will arrive soon! They’ll take care of this!”

“NO! She’ll lose her legs by the time they get here!” he shouted, looking at the small frame of the woman in front of him hitting her own legs continuously, desperately yelling, “HE’S GONE! HE’S GONE!”

Dara felt confused as she attacked her own legs. Somehow they don’t seem to be her own. The pair of legs before her have betrayed her, they have betrayed her in the worst way possible. But she doesn’t know how. Fury had overtaken her emotions and senses and she continued hitting her legs, pounding without mercy.

Suddenly a pair of strong arms gripped hers tightly, stopping her from continuing. Her eyes gleamed with anger as she look upwards into the panicked and concerned eyes of his, ready for a fight. Recognition flickered across her eyes for a moment before they gleamed again, this time in a hunger to kill the enemy in front of her.

He flinched, seeing the crazed look in her eyes.

“Shhhh... Dara it’s okay. It’s okay.” He shushed as he started to pick her up effortlessly, wrapping his arms around her. She frowned in confusion as she felt herself calming down at Kim Jaejoong’s presence.

He’s my ENEMY!

She wanted to say something but she found herself still screaming that two words, “HE’S GONE!”

Confusion was written all over her face. She can’t seem to stop herself from screaming. She looked into those eyes staring back at her with concern, partially covered by his overgrown bangs.

His quick steps led them out the cemetery, passing the father and daughter staring wide-eyed at them. He placed his princess into the car gently as she stared back with a frozen look on her face.

Slowly, he held his hand out and her face ever so gently as tears fell from his eyes. It breaks him apart to see her like this, in this state. It had been almost 3 years since he had seen her this hysterical.

Dara jerked back from her frozen state, staring at him, unbelieving that he is here, right in front of her eyes. Her eyes started to close as she felt the soothing and gentle touch of his palm against her cheek.

“He’s gone…” she mumbled for the last time before she went limp on the seat again, oblivious to the sentence Jaejoong softly whispered as took the chance to hug her tightly.

"I've missed you."

 


Thank you for still reading and supporting my story despite the irregular updates..

Thank you, my lovely readers! *bows*