• Hyuk's story •

Hybrid Slave
large.gif
 
Jaebum's hand fell from the door as he heard muffled gasps from the other side. 
 
Berating himself over and over again, Jaebum frowned. Why had he so recklessly went and kissed Youngjae? 
 
I know I really like him but, I don't even know if he even thinks of me that way. Jaebum sighs, and seats on the nearby chair. 
 
He could have just destroyed their friendship.
 
Jaebum felt a pat on his back and he jumped up in surprise. It was another young barista, he had a weak smile on his face and shiny hair. "I don't know exactly what happened, but I can see how much you love Youngjae. Youngjae always puts in his utmost effort in doing every single coffee. I've seen the way he concentrates to make every single customer's coffee special and worth it. You two really deserve each other. "
 
Jaebum smiled. "Thanks, man. I just- I'm just afraid that he doesn't feel the same way back too." The other man thought for a second, before walking to the staff door. 
 
"Youngjae? It's me, Hyuk. Let me in? I want to talk to you."
 
Jaebum's head swiveled back at the sound of the staff door opening. The door opened just a peek, allowing Hyuk to go in, before closing the door. As Jaebum wtched the door closed, he thought he saw Hyuk wink at him and a pale looking Youngjae behind him.
 
Huffing, Jaebum put his head in his hands. What should he do now?
 
~
 
Youngjae immediately slammed the door shut once Hyuk entered. Giving Youngjae a smile, Hyuk sat down on the floor, gesturing for Youngjae to do so too. "Youngjae... "
 
The said blonde only swallowed nervously. "Wha-what."
 
Hyuk crossed his legs and hugged them tight as he looked down on the floor between the two. "I know we've only met recently, and we're probably not very, very close, but I felt a need to say something when I saw exactly what happened outside just now." A flashback of the kiss just now ran through Youngjae's head again, his cheeks becoming red. Still, he kept silent.
 
Hyuk continued. "And, to be honest, I've been through exactly what happened. Unfortunately, I didn't grab the chance, and he got together with another boy. "
 
Now Youngjae's curiosity was aroused. "Hyung? You- you liked someone too?" 
 
Nodding his head slowly, Hyuk stared at Youngjae. "It happened just a few years ago. I too was sold at the auction house. I thought that I was probably gonna die and all, but that someone who bought me- he- he was absolutely great. His name was Hongbin. A year or so after we met, he actually confessed to me in some drunken stupor. But it didn't go smoothly.  You know why? Cause back then I was too much of a coward to actually realize I liked him too. By the time, I did. It was too late. He had got together with another boy. It hurts my heart just thinking about him. I haven't seen him for long." Youngjae's eyes widened as he saw Hyuk's eyes glistening. 
 
"Hyung- don't cry. Please."
 
"Its okay, Youngjae." Hyuk sniffled as he put on a smile. "And, if you didn't actually know. I was actually in the exact same situation as you. The sole reason why I didn't get together with him was because I was afraid."
 
Youngjae listened, his head low.
 
"I was afraid, of what society would  actually think of me if I had gotten together with him. " Hyuk looked up at the ceiling, willing his tears to go back into his eyes.
 
"Afraid of what, hyung?" Youngjae bit his lips.
 
"I was afraid, cause I was scared to be judged. A hybrid together in a relationship with his supposed owner?" Hyuk laughed bitterly.
 
Youngjae froze. "You're a hybrid too?"
 
Hyuk paused for a moment before leveling his eyes with Youngjae's. He laughed dryly. "Yeah, weren't you listening? I said I was sold from the auction house as well."
 
Youngjae watched as Hyuk raised his hand up to ruffle his hair.
 
Slowly, Youngjae could see the faint outline of ears on top of his head. "You- why would you hide it?"
 
Hyuk looked away, his ears red with shame. "Because it reminds me of him whenever I look at myself in the mirror. I just don't want to be reminded of it anymore, you know? Move on, and all..." Hyuk trailed off, heaving a huge sigh. 
 
"I don't even know where he is now. After Hongbin got together with the other guy, I left. I couldn't stand seeing him and the other boy together all day long." Youngjae furrowed his eyebrows.
 
Hyuk reached out to pat his shoulder. "That's why, I don't want the same thing to happen to you either. I know how it feels."
 
Youngjae pulled Hyuk in for a hug. "Sorry hyung. I'm sorry."
 
Youngjae heard a soft chuckle from the older. "No need to be sorry, Youngjae. It's not your fault after all. It was due to my cowardice. So, now, I'm gonna help you."
 
Youngjae pulled back cautiously. "Wait what? Help me? "
 
Hyuk giggled as he dried his tears with the ends of his sleeve. "Yes. "
 
Youngjae frowned. "No, you've got it all wrong, hyung. I don't... I don't like him."
 
Hyuk grinned. "Thats the first stage already. Denial."
 
Youngjae crossed his arms and huffed.  Hyuk only laughed, and put his legs down. "Let me ask you something. Just answer me honestly. When you saw Jaebum and Kari on that date together, did you feel uncomfortable? Do you actually feel weird whenever Jaebum makes skinship with you? Do you feel happy whenever you see Jaebum get home from work? Do you like it when he showers you with attention? Do you feel lonely whenever he's out?"
 
Youngjae gulped as he thought deeply. 
 
Hyuk chuckled. "Hesitation. I'm taking it as yes."
 
Youngjae blinked. "But that doesn't prove anything, hyung."
 
"Yes it does, Youngjae. Trust me, please don't do anything reckless. Do what your heart wants." The older sighed.
 
Without thinking, Youngjae placed a hand over his heart. It was beating furiously against his ribcage. Swirling his tail around his arm, Youngjae thought for a moment. Was it really because he was actually in love with Jaebum? Just that he didn't realise it? 
 
Before he could open his mouth, Hyuk stood up. "I trust you'll do the right thing, Youngjae."
 
Confused, Youngjae stood up as well, wondering what Hyuk was going to do.
 
He didn't think that Hyuk would have opened the door and shoved Jaebum in.
 
Oh my god. 
 
A flabbergasted Jaebum was shoved in as Youngjae desperately held open the door. "Wait, hyung-!" 
 
Dammit. Youngjae whines as the door is yanked from his grip and slammed shut. 
 
"I'm not letting you guys out till I hear what I want." A muffled voice came from the other side of the door, followed by a click.
 
Youngjae immediately tried to open the door, but it was locked. "What? What kind of door locks from the outside?" His face red with embarrassment, Youngjae pounded on the door. Hyuk's giggles came from the other side. "This door. Now hurry up or you both won't be coming out anytime soon. Probably in a few years or so."
 
Youngjae sighed. He was right.
 
He awkwardly turned back to face Jaebum, who cleared his throat. "Youngjae, I- can we talk?"
 
Youngjae found himself nodding, his hand slowly sliding off the door knob. Youngjae shuffled his feet cautiously as he took a glance at Jaebum before looking down at the floor. "Go-go on, hyung."
 
There was a deafening silence between the two, Jaebum's mouth felt dry as he tried opening his mouth to speak.
 
"Uh, Youngjae. I'm really sorry, for that-that kiss. I didn't mean to make you feel embarrassed. I just wanted to make Kari leave." Jaebum stammered as he twiddled his thumbs, his heart racing furiously.
 
Youngjae nodded. "Its alright, hyung. I- I don't know if this is acceptable for me to say, or for you to know, but-" Youngjae gulped as he lowered his voice. "I think I actually liked it."
 
Jaebum frowned, his ears trying to pick up what Youngjae had said. "What?" 
 
Youngjae heaved a shaky sigh, his face growing tomato red. His tail was wrapped uncomfortably around his ankles, and his ears kept moving around in nervousness. 
 
"I - I had a quick reflection on what Hyuk actually said, and I- I think-" He took a deep breath as he dared to make eye contact with Jaebum.
 
"I think- I might actually like you." Youngjae finished. "Not as a hyung though." 
 
Jaebum stood rooted to the ground, his head swirling with one phrase. I might actually just like you. I might actually just like you.
 
Was he hearing things correctly? Did Youngjae just- Did he need a hearing aid? Did Youngjae really?
 
Seeing Jaebum's stunned face, Youngjae immediately scrambled to correct himself. "I mean! If you don't feel that way, I-I"
 
Youngjae was cut off as Jaebum suddenly hugged him. 
 
Youngjae felt his cheeks burning with embarrassment as Jaebum hugged him tighter. "Hyung?"
 
There was a pause. And Jaebum laughs, his laughter ringing delightfully in Youngjae's ears.
 
"Oh, Youngjae. You have no idea how long I've actually liked you." Jaebum smiles as he tightens his grip on Youngjae.
 
Author's note :
 
GUYS IM SO SORRY FOR THIS SHORT CHAP PLS DUN KILL ME ;-; I have tests and tests now everyday, so really sorry if this doesn't meet your expectations...
 
On a good note, Thanks all for leaving me such wonderful comments. I could kiss you all <3 I'd really appreciate it if you guys could upvote and comment^^ it really makes my day when I see another subscriber enjoying this story. Love you guys! :>