• Broken Promise •

Hybrid Slave

tumblr_ndaot4PVNG1rretmbo3_r1_500.gif

"!" Bambam's voice suddenly resonated from the living room, loud enough to snap Jaebum out of his thoughts.

Jaebum blinked a couple of times before he realised what he was doing. Youngjae's face was turning blue,  his hands falling from the tight grip on his neck. 

Jaebum couldn't believe his eyes.  

Immediately,  he released the grip on Youngjae and stepped back, eyes full of confusion and guilt. Youngjae dropped to the floor, his eyes closed. Jaebum hands shook as he stepped cautiously to Youngjae. 

Breathing heavily, Jaebum extended a shaky hand to Youngjae's face and cupped it. "Young- youngjae?" 

Jaebum was ready to bolt to the phone and call the ambulance when there was no movement, but felt a huge boulder of burden disappear when Youngjae suddenly coughed, taking in huge gasps of air. 

Jaebum bit his lips. How could he have acted so recklessly?  What if he had caused the death of the latter? What if- what if he hadn't snapped out of his bubble if not for Bambam's yell? Jaebum didn't dare to think. Now, his priority was to make sure Youngjae was perfectly fine.

Youngjae slowly sat up, groaning in slight pain. Jaebum watched on anxiously, lifting a hand to pat Youngjae on his back.

To which Youngjae accepted. But only for less than a split second.

"Thanks- hyu-hyung." He coughed as his eyes struggled to adjust, his vision clearing from the many dark spots.

And he immediately shot up from his seating position once his eyes landed on Jaebum. Mouth opening and closing like fish, Youngjae backed up slowly against the door. "Jaebum hyung." It came out as a hoarse whisper.

Jaebum tried to explain, his guilt crashing on him again as a tidal wave. "Youngjae, I'm really sorry, let me expl-" 

But Youngjae cut him off sharply. "Hyung- you- you tried to kill me," Jaebum could see Youngjae's grip on the doorknob shaking, which added to the guilt more. "I can't - "

Jaebum tried to reassure Youngjae as he inched closer to the latter. "Wait, Youngjae.  Its not what you think, I was just..." He trailed off, at a loss for words. 

And that seemed to prove Youngjae's point. "Get away from me." Youngjae croaked,  his eyes now clouded with hot tears. Jaebum's heart sank as he saw these tears spilling out uncontrollably. 

"Look Youngjae, please don't -" Jaebum tried again and reached out for Youngjae's hand.  

Big mistake.  

Youngjae pulled his hand back, his brown eyes looking into Jaebum's, full of uncertainty and shock. "GET AWAY FROM ME!" 

Youngjse gave another frightened look at Jaebum,  before slamming the door open and  bolting. 

Jaebum sank to the floor, his heart full of regret. "I'm  really sorry, Youngjae."

~

Youngjae's mind was blank. All he knew was to run now, away from Jaebum, away from that room, away from this house. 

Almost tripping as he ran down the stairs, he caught a glimpse of Bambam hunching over something near the doorway. Bambam's eyes lit up as soon as he caught sight of his hyung, before shouting something at Youngjae.

His eyes stinging, Youngjae tried to ignore Bambam and dash out of the house, somewhere far away.

The moment he passed Bambam, he winced as his foot made in contact with something sharp. But he didn't stop, not at all,  even when he heard Jaebum running out of the house after him as well.

"Youngjae! " 

That fueled him to run even faster, faster than ever before.  He didnt dare to look back. After all, Youngjae told himself, his cheeks wet with tears, he was a coward. The pain in his foot grew, as the number of strides he took increased,  not forgetting the pain near his neck, and most importantly,  the pain in his heart.

Jaebum couldn't catch up, his lungs demanding for more air as he stopped just a mere distance away from the house. The shadow of Youngjae had long disappeared. His legs shaking, he sat on the curb of the road as tears threatened to erupt. "Why did I do that? You're really stupid, Im Jaebum. You really are." 

Berating himself,  he trudged back to the house, heart heavy with guilt again. Before he can step back into the house, he was pulled back by Bambam. 

"Hyung! Whats going on? You and Youngjae hyung?" 

Seeing how Jaebum wasn't going to answer, Bambam sighed.

"Hyung, you do know that you were about to step on the broken pieces of glass?" Bambam said, abruptly changing the topic. 

Only then did Jaebum realised the scattered pieces of glass lying around the doorway. 

"You're lucky that you didn't manage to step on any." Bambam continued, staring at the mess.

Jaebum spoke up. " Did Youngjae-?" He asked, voice low and shaky. 

Bambam paused, before nodding slowly and pointing to a stain on the ground. 

Jaebum followed his hand,his gaze coming a stop in the middle of the huge mess. His breath hitched in his throat.

There, on the middle of the floor,of there was a bright red patch of blood.

~

Just run. Don't look back. Youngjae reminded himself over and over again as he focused on the road before him. The harder he ran, the more painful it was, especially his foot.

Panting heavily,  Youngjae decided that it was relatively far enough,  before surveying the surroundings. Spotting an empty bench near the road, he took a step forward and - 

"Yah!" He hissed as his right foot made contact with the ground. Slowly, he limped on his left leg towards the bench, before flopping on the cold bench in exhaustion.

Sighing, Youngjae lifted up his foot and flinched.

There, in the centre of his foot, was a piece of glass embedded in it. Blood was threatening to flow again as he tried plucking it out. 

Biting his lips, Youngjae took a shaky breath before using all his strength to pull the piece of glass out, wincing in pain.

Placing the piece of glass on the bench beside him, Youngjae closed his eyes.

And slept on the cold bench, now being his only comfort. 

Why was life such a to him?

~

Drip. Drop. Drip. Drop.

Groaning, Youngjae's eyes fluttered open. Rain? 

He slowly sat up as drops of rain fell on him. 

Rain? Youngjae scoffed. Now? 

"Whats worse is that I don't have any shelter." He grumbled as he quickly glanced around frantically, eager to find some shelter. 

Spotting a bus stop at the corner of his eye, Youngjae hurriedly jumped to his feet, only to regret.

Youngjae hissed at the pain as he collapsed back on the wet bench, cradling his foot. What a fool he was, not to wear any decent shoes or slippers before running. "Seriously, Youngjae?" He sighed as he shakily stood up again, careful as to put more weight on his left leg. 

Picking up the blood stained piece of glass on the bench, Youngjae limped to the bus stop. 

As Youngjae made his way to the bus stop, it was just so his luck once again that the drizzle turned into a downpour, blurring his vision.

Wincing everytime his feet made contact with the rain water,it took quite a while for Youngjae to reach his destination.

Throwing the blood stained glass into the rubbish bin,Youngjae plonked down on the bus stop seat, cold and lonely. 

His clothes were wet, soaked to the core. Youngjae grimaced at his choice of clothes. Wearing just a plain shirt and jeans? He was definitely going to catch a cold. As if agreeing with him, a strong, cold gust of wind blew in Youngjae's direction.

Shivering, Youngjae curled up to make himself as small as he can, braving the harsh weather. 

Hopefully no one comes. Youngjae frowned as he curled his toes.

Sighing, Youngjae proceeded to hug his legs tighter and close his eyes.

Youngjae? Is that you?" Youngjae frowned.

Seriously?

His brows creasing, Youngjae looked up wearily.

His eyes widened as his mouth instantly turned into a smile. 

"Mark hyung?"

Mark was grinning heartily, seating in the passenger seat whereas Jinyoung, which Youngjae had just seen, popped his head out from behind Mark, who was blocking his view of Youngjae, being in the driver's seat.

Youngjae stood up and limped to the car slowly, a huge grin on his face. "Where are you two going? With such weather, most places won't be a great choice." He said, his face brightening in contrast to the dull, heavy rain.

Youngjae watched as both Jinyoung and Mark frowned instead. Did I say something wrong? Perhaps I've misunderstood them or something. ..

Scrambling to correct his words, Youngjae stammered. "Uh, wait, no, I mean, anywheres fine and-"

Mark cut him off sharply. "Youngjae, the fact that you appear to be seeking shelter in a bus stop is already suspicious enough. Why is your leg bleeding?" He raised an eyebrow as he looked to the small blood pool on the floor. Immediately,  Youngjae changed the subject, his other feet mobing to block the view.

Youngjae smiled meekly at the duo in the car, as he waved a hand at them. "Its okay, hyung, I'll be fine, just- just go and-"

Mark slammed the car door open.

He stopped, his mouth dry. What was Mark doing?

Slowly, Mark got out of the car and gazed down at Youngjae, his eyes full of worry. "Look, Youngjae, your acting really . " 

Youngjae laughed weakly. "What are you talking about hyung? I'm really not acting at all..."

No response.

And then Youngjae felt himself being lifted. 

"Yah! Hyung! What in the world are you up to?" Youngjae demanded as he rained his fists down on Mark's back, much to no avail. 

"We're worried, you're injured, and you're alone at a bus stop no where near Jaebum's house." Mark scoffed as he opened the back seat, and made Youngjae get in, before getting into the backseat himself.

Pouting, Youngjae tried to reason with the duo as the car silently drove off. "I'll be okay, really."

Jinyoung paused at the traffic light as he rested his hands on the wheel. "We'll bring you to our place first, make sure you're fine. And- Youngjae what are those markings on your neck?" His eyes narrowed as he stared at Youngjae curiously via the mirror.

Instantly, Youngjae's hand moved up to touch his neck, only to be stopped by Mark. 

Frowning, Mark held his wrist tightly as he gritted his teeth.

"Youngjae, I think you should start by telling us what exactly happened." 

Youngjae quivered under his strong gaze and demanding tone.

His fists clenched unknowingly as he let out a full blown sob, his breath choked.

~

Jaebum sighed again.

What was he going to do now? He had waited, coffee in hand as he sat at the dining table, staring at the door. Hoping for Youngjae, with his bright smile and cheerful voice, to step into the house. 

By now, his coffee had already turned cold. It was already 11.

Yugyeom patted his shoulder suddenly, causing Jaebum to jump in fright.

He was so focused on the door that he didn't realise the kitchen duo beside him.

"Hyung, we've ended work already. If you don't mind, we'll be going home now. I hope Youngjae hyung comes home soon." Yugyeom said encouragingly.

Nodding meekly, Jaebum took a small sip of his coffee. 

As the door closed behind them, Jaebum felt lonely. He really did. 

All he wanted was just some indication that Youngjae was safe. Just a sign.

And a sign appeared.

Ring!

"Hello?" Jaebum answered as he picked up the incoming call from Jinyoung. 

"Yah, hyung. I'm just going to be straightforward. Why did you do that to Youngjae? He might be in the wrong for not telling you anything and being stubborn when you tried to help him, but you are also in the wrong by attacking him." 

Stunned, Jaebum's mouth opened and closed. "How did you-" 

"He's with me and Mark."

"Oh."

A brief silence ensured Jaebum tried to think of something to say.

"And you know what?"

"What?" Jaebum inquired.

"Youngjae had been crying non-stop for the past few hours, only saying 'He broke our promise, he broke our promise! ' " 

Jaebum almost dropped the phone. Promise?

. That promise. 

The one he promised Youngjae that wouldn't hurt him. 

And he had went and broke it.

 

Authors note:

Hi guys, sorry for the long wait,  I hope this chapter will be able to fufill you guys. Sorry if its a little bad, I really tried my best for this chapter. I might update the next chapter a little later because I have some family affairs right now, and that leaves me with lesser time to write these.

Also, I wanted to engage you guys with this story, so if any of you are interested, you guys can comment what direction you want this story to go, and I will pick a few of them which stand out to me more. Thanks guys :') 

I love you all for the support. Hope you guys understand.