• I Love You •

Hybrid Slave
Youngjae holds his breath as he watches Jaebum talk to Jinyoung on the phone. He knows, oh very well, that Jinyoung is just a acquaintance of Jaebum's, but he couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness in his chest. 
 
What am I doing? Am i jealous? Youngjae rolls his eyes. What was there to be jealous for? 
 
He continued talking to himself in his head as he watches Jaebum speak animatedly to Jinyoung over the phone. Besides, Mark and Jinyoung were already in a relationship, which they had announced to the group last month. Youngjae was elated when he heard the news. 
 
Of course, he really admired their courage, to flaunt their relationship in public despite harsh stares and remarks. Youngjae twitched his nose. How about Jaebum hyung and me...? 
 
Youngjae sighs dejectedly as he pushes himself off the sofa and makes his way to the kitchen, where the duo were currently fighting. Again. 
 
Usually, Youngjae would immediately run up to them and call off the childish fight of theirs, but today, he'd just taken a glance at them before walking off, much to the duo's surprise.
 
He was too busy thinking in his head as he climbed up the staircase, sandwich in mouth and drink in hand. 
 
Especially after that incident. 
 
Youngjae set down the food on the balcony table and stretched, his tail curling around his torso. Youngjae felt lonely. Ever since that incident- that kiss, Jaebum and him were a little awkward whenever alone with each other. 
 
Unknowingly, Youngjae's hand reached up to touch his lips as he frowned. Does Jaebum hyung feel the same way for me too? 
 
Dejectedly, Youngjae flips down on the balcony chair, the wind gently blowing onto his hair. Get a grip on yourself, Youngjae. He probably doesn't even feel anything for you. He just wanted to desperately get rid of that blind date. Youngjae leans back on the chair, listening to his inner voice as it continued.
 
He doesn't like you. You're better off giving up on that silly crush you have on him.
 
Youngjae's eyes widened as he heard what his inner voice suggested. "No! I- I don't want to give up. Jaebum- Jaebum hyung, I-I really... Like him." Youngjae reasons with himself.
 
Smiling weakly to himself, Youngjae tilts his head to stare at the azure sky.
 
But does he even like me back?
There's no point in having an unrequited love. 
~
 
Jaebum tugs on Youngjae's hand excitedly, as Youngjae protests. "Hyung! I don't want to! I don't need you to spend money on me again! I feel bad."
 
His head is swimming with thoughts as one incident from years back starts unravelling itself in his mind again. He can't clearly remember what exactly happened, but he sees a beer bottle.
 
No, no, no, no!
 
"Nonsense!" Jaebum brushes Youngjae off as he pushes him into the doors of the salon. "I always come here to dye my hair, and it always turn out nice, so why not?" Jaebum is oblivious to the evident panic in Youngjae's voice.
 
Jaebum pauses as he tells Youngjae to wait for him, walking to the counter. 
 
Youngjae nods uncertainly, his eyes trailing Jaebum.
 
And he stumbles back when an unfamiliar face pops up infront of him. Literally too close, Youngjae frowns.
 
"Hi! My name is Hongbin and I guess you want to get a new hair colour." The other smiles. Youngjae wants to ask how exactly the other knows but before he can open his mouth, he gets shushed by the other. "Your roots are really obvious. "
 
There was a pause as Youngjae struggles on what to reply, when Jaebum seemingly appears beside him, keeping a firm grip on the younger's hand. "I was thinking of getting it dyed back to its original colour. Brown, possibly." Jaebum smiled at Hongbin as he looked at Youngjae, who was confused.
 
"Dye it back to brown? No- I- I don't want to. Can we keep it blonde?" The younger immediately panics, trying to free himself from Jaebum's grip. 
 
Youngjae struggles, 
 
He remembers someone standing above him, the beer bottle in hand.
 
Jaebum ignores Youngjae's protests as he pushes Youngjae into the nearby vacant seat. 
 
Youngjae looks pleadingly at Hongbin for help, his tail twitching nervously and eyes wide, but Hongbin shrugs.
 
Defeated, Youngjae slouches as Hongbin turns back to prepare the dye. 
 
Youngjae feels tears prick at his eyes as he silently sits in the chair. He looks at his reflection in the mirror, and touches his blonde hair. Youngjae's ears twitched. He glimpses the brown roots and shudders violently, as a painful memory suddenly came back full blast, taunting him.
 
Youngjae gripped the salon's chair tightly, his nails digging into the leather skin.
 
He remembered.
 
Son of a . You remind me so much of that woman. Youngjae lets out a muffled cry as he backs away from the monster infront of him, sliding down against the wall as he sobs. Clutching an empty beer bottle clutched in his hand, his father makes threatening steps towards him.
 
Not only did you turn out to be a ing hybrid, you just had to inherit her brown hair too. Just great. A hybrid who reminds me of that ed up wife of mine! Do you know, whenever I see you, I really do feel like killing you?
 
He pauses before laughing, his laughter ringing in Youngjae's ears. I've even thought of ways how. 
 
Youngjae widens his eyes and his tail waves around frantically. This can't be! His father- Youngjae lets out a choked sob- actually thought of killing him?
 
I didn't want brown hair either. I don't want to resemble her either. Youngjae clenches his fists as he barely makes out the person infront of him.
 
No, don't cry
 
Youngjae desperately cries out as he feels a rough hand pulling him up by the hair, accidentally scratching his hybrid ears in the process. It hurts. Everything does.
 
He feels his feet dangling above the ground and his breath hitches. The pain in his scalp makes him frantically struggle, swatting the arms holding his captive.
 
Youngjae winces and lets out a whimper as his father throws him down, his arm scraping the wooden floor. Hard.
 
Youngjae's positive that he's bleeding when he catches a whiff of copper.
 
Shaking, Youngjae tries to crawl away to the closet, his safe haven whenever his father comes home dead drunk.
 
5 more. Youngjae feels his chest heave painfully as he pushes himself to crawl faster.
 
Youngjae closes his eyes as he tries to stop the memory from coming back, shivering.
 
He hears a faint rustling behind him and he hurriedly tries to move faster, his hands trembling hard as he drags his tired body towards the closet.
 
4 more. Stop right there, you pathetic  creature. 
 
Youngjae's eyes widen as he hears footsteps behind him. 
 
His heart beating hard against his ribcage, Youngjae moves even faster. 
 
3 more steps.
 
2 more steps. You can run, but you can't hide. His father's words chant in his head like a mantra.
 
1 more. 
 
Youngjae screams in fright and pain as a sickening crunch echoes throughout the house. His tears are practically flowing like a waterfall now.
 
Not in public.
 
The hybrid looks back and sees a foot on his limp tail.
 
Youngjae slowly brings his line of sight higher and sees a wicked smile on his lips. I got you, you useless thing.
 
He raises the empty beer bottle over his head. 
 
Youngjae's eyes widen as he realises what he was going to do.
 
No! Please don't! I'm your son, father! 
 
The monster just smiles. 
 
Are you? You're a hybrid. Pathetic.
 
Youngjae lifts his hands up in a desperate attempt to shield his head as he sees the hand lower-
 
Jaebum frowns as he espies a slight sparkle from the corner of Youngjae's eye. Was he crying ?
 
Sighing in frustration, Jaebum squats infront of Youngjae, who was desperately drying his eyes, trying to hide the fact that he had just teared. 
 
"Yah, why are you crying? We're just dyeing your hair." Jaebum furrows his eyebrows. Youngjae snaps out of the memory, his cheeks flushed.
 
He keeps mum as he forcefully pushes the memory back into his head, swallowing hard. He feels another wave of tears appearing but wills himself not to as he hears the irritated tone in Jaebum's voice.
 
"It's nothing." Youngjae looks down, his voice breaking in the middle.
 
Jaebum frowns, this time not out if frustration but out of worry. "Hey, if you don't want to dye it back, it's fine. We can just wait for your hair to grow." 
 
Youngjae pauses before letting out a shaky breath. "No. I want to."
 
~
 
Youngjae leaves the salon an hour later, any trace of blonde gone. With his brown hair, his ears seem to blend in, and Jaebum is unable to tell how the younger is feeling.
 
Jaebum's eyes follow the younger, who was silent throughout the walk to the car.
 
As they got into the car, Jaebum sighed and started the engine.
 
Deciding to break the ice, Jaebum turns to Youngjae. "Are you- you alright?"
 
Youngjae looks up at Jaebum in surprise, but nods briefly.
 
Jaebum bites his bottom lip as he steps on the pedal. "You know, if you have any trauma or bad memory from before, you can confide in me right? I won't judge you. "
 
Youngjae looks down at his lap as Jaebum continues. "I think its better to voice out then keep mum." 
 
A minute passes before Jaebum hears a sign of movement from the younger.
 
Youngjae takes a deep breath.
 
"I- I don't know how to start." Youngjae pauses, his tail wrapped around his leg.
 
~
 
"And- and thats why I didn't want to get my brown hair back." Youngjae finishes, his bottom lip trembling.
 
The duo had already arrived outside their home, and were seating silently in the car.
 
Hearing no response from Jaebum, Youngjae sighs. He fiddles his thumb as he unbuckles his seatbelt.
 
"Hyung? Aren't you-" Youngjae queries, but before he can finish, he is cut off by Jaebum.
 
"Youngjae, I-" Jaebum starts, but falters when he sees Youngjae's glassy eyes. He gently cups Youngjae's face, his thumb brushing over a stray tear. "I'm sorry that happened to you."
 
The two stare at each other for a moment.
 
Just as Youngjae is about to clear his throat and remove Jaebum's hands from his face, Jaebum does the unthinkable once again.
 
Without thinking twice, Jaebum leans in and kisses Youngjae square on the lips.
 
Youngjae is stunned momentarily, before relaxing. Unknowingly, he leans into the kiss as well, and he swears he feels fireworks erupting in his tummy.
 
It felt totally different from the previous kiss. That one was rushed. 
 
This one was just perfect. Youngjae thought.
 
Youngjae was the first to pull away.
 
Another minute passed as they both turned away in embarrassment.
 
Jaebum forced himself to look back into Youngjae's eyes. He took Youngjae's hand and clasped it tight as he gave the younger a smile.
 
"I don't know how else or when to tell you, but... I love you, Youngjae. Whatever bad memories you'd had before, I'll make sure to kiss them away." Jaebum says, a faint blush on his cheeks. "I don't know if you even feel the same way about me, but, I hope you like me too."
 
Youngjae feels his insides melt as he looks as Jaebum's face. "Don't be silly." Jaebum's face crumples as he hears what Youngjae says.
 
"What?"
 
"I don't like you. I love you too." Youngjae finishes as he throws his hand over Jaebum's neck, pulling him in again for another sweet kiss.
 
~
 
"Oi, Bambam. This isn't right." 
 
"Oh, shuddup Gyeommie. You're always a wet blanket."
 
"But-"
 
"Shhh." Bambam shushes Yugyeom to which the latter pouts. 
 
Click!
 
Bambam smirks as he takes a closer look at the photo. 
 
It was a picture of Youngjae and Jaebum kissing in the car, both too oblivious to notice anyone. The hybrid had its tail firmly wrapped on Jaebum's hand as Jaebum cupped Youngjae's face.
 
Yugyeom snickers. "Kids these days."
 
~
 
Youngjae pulls away from Jaebum as a thought strikes him.
 
Confused, Jaebum asks him. "Whats wrong, Jae-yah?" 
 
Youngjae feels his cheeks heat up when he hears the nickname.
 
"We're not even dating yet and I've already had a pet name?"
 
Jaebum only chuckles. "I've thought of it a long time ago already."
 
Youngjae rolls his eyes mischievously, but he continues. "Wasn't the guy back at the salon named Hingbin?"
 
Jaebum frowns. "Hingbin? Do you mean Hongbin?"
 
"Ah yes! Hongbin!"
 
"What about him?"
 
"I- Hyuk- He was Hyuk's previous love."
 
 
Author's note: 
HELLO GUYS CHARLENE IS BACK WITH MOAR FLUFF YOYO. I'm gonna introduce another character in the next chapter, he's gonna be the bad guy HoHOhOho. 
And yes, this story is gonna end soon. 😭😭 SOBS
I really tried writing this story so please enjoy it! Comments would be appreciated ^^
Also, I'll try to update and complete this story by latest end of this year. To make this happen, I'll be making myself come up with at least one chapter per month to satisfy you guys with my bad writing.💕 
I  WROTE 2,000 WORDS FOR THIS CHAPTER WOAH GOOD JOB CHARLENE *pats self on back*