• Apology •

Hybrid Slave

tumblr_nyb2o41CRr1ud76q1o1_400.gif

Jaebum screeched to a halt just outside Jinyoung's house, face flushed with worry. After receiving the call, he found himself jumping into his car and speeding away to the said house. Slamming the car door shut, Jaebum looked at the house in doubt. Should he have came? What if Youngjae didn't want to see him?

"Yah, Im Jaebum, you better man up." He groaned as he locked the car.

~

Youngjae's eyes fluttered open as he stared at the ceiling. Slowly, he surveryed the room.

Where was everyone?

As if answering his question, a soft knock was heard.

Youngjae turned his head to the door, only to see his favourite hyung walk in quietly with a tray of noodles. Immediately, he broke out in a grin as Mark set the tray down on the bedside table.

 "Awww, hyung, you didn't need to do this." Youngjae joked as he slowly sat up from the bed.

"Its okay, I wanted to. Besides, aren't you famished by now?" Mark laughed as he set the tray down on the bedside table. Smiling, he plonked down on the chair next to the bed and grinned at Youngjae. "How are you feeling? Much better, hmmm?"

"Much better, definitely." Mark patted the top of the younger's head, his eyes turning once into little crescents.

"Whoa, hyung! Your eyes look like little moons." Youngjae commented, his doe eyes looking innocently at Mark, who snorted.

"Well obviously you haven't taken a look at yourself."

~

Jaebum stood rooted to the spot, just one feet away from the door. He frowned. Was it an appropriate time to talk to Youngjae now? It was only less than a day after that incident.

Jaebum sighed deeply. Maybe he was right, he should give the latter some time to relax and collect his thoughts. Jaebum frowned as he looked back to his car parked on the driveway. Unlocking the car, Jaebum trudged away from the door of the house, which seemed to be mocking him as he left.

Just before he got into the car, he cast a weary glance at the house. I'm really sorry, Youngjae. I really am. With that, Jaebum slammed the door behind him and stepped on the accelerator, only looking straight ahead.
As he drove off from the grounds, Jaebum failed to notice a blonde hybird staring at his car through one of the windows of the house. If only he did.

~

"Mark hyung! I saw Jaebum hyung, he just-just drove off." Youngjae trailed off as he slumped his shoulders. "I thought he actually came to see me."

Mark frowned as he heard the sadness in the younger's voice.

"Why? Whats with it? I don't understand why you even want him to come visit you, well, after what the bastard did to you." Mark scoffed as he leaned into the chair. Youngjae sighed wistfully as his hand slipped from the window.

"Hyung, I don't even know why myself. Maybe I-"Youngjae smiled to himself.

"Please. If I were you, I wouldn't even care if he came or not. After all, he caused those bruises on your neck and possibly could have killed you."

Mark's voice cut him short and sharp.

Youngjae huffed as he fell onto the bed. "Maybe."

He retorted as he placed the pillow on his face.

Mark let out a deep breath as he glanced at Youngjae. "Fine. I'm sorry. Maybe he isn't like that. Whatever floats your boat." Standing up, he stood up and turned to reach for the doorknob.

"Go and take a nap. It'll make you feel better. "

And he closed the door a little too hard.

Wincing at the loud sound, Youngjae purse his lips and rolled onto his back. Why was Mark so angry with him? Well, it more or less seemed like it. Oh well.

~

Mark was furious. Why was Youngjae so forgiving? Slamming his fist down on the dining table, he plonked down on an empty seat angrily. "Really, if I was him, I'll would have already beat that bastard up and smashed his face in." He muttered as he clenched his fists.

"Yah, whats gotten you so worked up?" Jinyoung's voice cut his train of thoughts. Staring straight ahead, Mark gritted gis teeth and kept quiet as he heard the chair beside him being pulled away from the table as Jinyoung proceeded to seat on it. "Is this because of Youngjae and Jaebum?" He continued, raising an eyebrow at Mark.

"I just don't understand why he would act as if nothing happened. Just a few hours ago, he was wailing and crying about the stupid promise Jaebum had broken. And now? He seems oh so friendly with that guy. Please." Mark blurted out as he slumped back onto his chair.

He heard a faint sigh coming from Jinyoung, before feeling a warm hand on his shoulder. Puzzled, he turned to look at Jinyoung, meeting his eyes.
"Mark, I know you care for Youngjae a lot, but I think... maybe we shouldn't pry too much. Yes, I know Jaebum is at fault, but it isn't our decision to forgive him or push him away. After all, its all up to Youngjae. And besides, I believe that the both of them actually might feel something for the other. Its just that- maybe they don't know it yet. Its obvious." Mark heard a soft chuckle.

Patting his shoulder, Jinyoung got up and walked quietly out of the room.
As Mark heard the soft scrape of Jinyoung's slippers getting further and further away from him, he sighed and rested his head on his hand. Feelings towards each other, huh? Maybe Jinyoung's right. Just maybe.

~

Jaebum pulled into the driveway again. He slumped back on his seat, gazing at the house. He was going to talk to Youngjae about everything, Jaebum reminded himself as he got out of the car in determination.
But he still couldn't bear to raise his hand to just knock on the front door. Lifting his hand slightly, he only brought his hand back down to his sides as he contemplated his thoughts once more.

To his surprise, the door opened even without him knocking. In shock, Jaebum looked up from the doormat, only to lock eyes with Jinyoung. The two stared at each other for a moment, before Jinyoung cleared his throat awkwardly. "Well, I saw that you were standing outside, so..." He trailed off as he opened the door wider. Nodding his head, Jaebum stepped into the house, a sigh leaving his lips as he surveryed the familiar house. He remembered spending his childhood days playing with Jinyoung here. Jinyoung's father had gave the house to him as a present on one of his birthdays, before shifting out himself.

Jinyoung tapped his shoulder gingerly, snapping Jaebum out of his thoughts.

"Um, and you're here for?" Jinyoung questioned, hands on his hips. "Cause I'm really busy right now, and the-"

"I just want to see Youngjae. Please." Jaebum mumbled, his head hanging low.

"Oh. Okay. I'll bring you there."

As Jaebum followed Jinyoung through the house, he felt a twinge of remorse. Was Youngjae going to kick him out? Not forgive him? What if-

 

"Here." Jinyoung sidestepped away from the door. Jaebum bit his lips as he stared silently at the door. You can do it! Cautiously, he placed his hands at the door. Taking a deep breath, he pushed the door open.

He met the gaze of a shocked Youngjae on the bed, and the angry glare of Mark seating near the bed.

"I'm not interrupting anything, am I? I just want to talk to Youngjae. " Jaebum croaked as he stepped into the room timidly. He saw Youngjae lower his head, tearing his gaze away from him as he moved a step closer.
Just as he was about to move another step closer, Jaebum was hit in the face by a flying punch. And it hurt. A lot.

Jaebum stumbled back, immediately placing a hand up to his cheek. Mark was standing infront of him, seething with fury. His ears were standing up straight, his tail waving animatedly behind him. Jaebum was stunned. He had never seen Mark so filled with rage and this angry before. Usually Mark was quiet and polite, and far from what he was seeing now.

Catching himself, Jaebum heaved a sigh. "Its okay. I know I deserved it."

Jinyoung was standing wide-eyed in the doorway, and Youngjae was seating upright on the bed, his hand covering his mouth in shock.

Mark hissed as he stepped forward and pulled Jaebum up by the collar.
"Look, I don't care if I'm a hybrid and you're a 'normal' human being. As long as you dare to hit Youngjae again, I'll make sure you suffer." Mark threatened as he gritted his teeth.

Jaebum's breath hitched as he felt himself being lifted up.

"Mark, stop it!" Jinyoung immediately ran forward, grasping Mark's hand and shaking it. Slowly, Mark released the collar on Jaebum's shirt. Tugging on his hand, Jinyoung tried to pull the latter out of the room.

Mark complied, but turned back to face Jaebum again at the doorway. "If it happens again, I'll make sure you pay. Youngjae doesn't deserve from you."

And he slammed the door behind him.

The two were left in awkward silence, with only some loud voices from downstairs, coming from Jinyoung and Mark.

Youngjae coughed. "Come here. You're injured, you know?"

Jaebum fumbled with his hands as he slowly walked over to the bedside chair.

The moment he sat down, warm hands cupped his face.

Blinking his eyes, Jaebum tried to process what was happening.

Youngjae was cupping his face and looking at it seriously.

"Young-Youngjae what are you doing?"

Youngjae frowned. "Your cheek is swollen, hyung." Worried, Youngjae brushed a finger over the swollen cheek.

Jaebum was astonished. Even after what he had done to Youngjae, the blonde was still worried for him.

As he felt the other's warm fingers brush his cheek, Jaebum let his gaze travel down Youngjae's doe eyes, to his pale milky face, before stopping abruptly at the bruise on his neck. Frozen, Jaebum pulled Youngjae's hands off his face, before bringing his own hands up to touch Youngjae's bruised neck, to which Youngjae winced. "Hyung, what are you-"
"Youngjae, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to break our promise and all. I just wanted to help you. I didn't lash out on you on purpose, I swear." Jaebum mumbled as he looked wearily at the purple bruise, his eyes watery.

Youngjae stiffened. "Hyung, I-"

"No, wait, listen! I didn't mean to do all of this. I wanted to give you a better life after coming out from the auction house,but, I don't know if I have. I'm sorry. I understand if you don't ever want to forgive me or go back with me. After all, who would go back to live with someone who almost killed them?" Jaebum laughed weakly, his hands slipping from Youngjae's face.

Youngjae bit his lips anxiously. Jaebum was on the bringe of tears, and not once had he seen him cry before.

Softly, Youngjae grabbed Jaebum's hands, to which Jaebum looked back up at him in surprise.

"Hyung, I know. I know you care for me. I really do. Please don't cry. What's over is already the past, lets look forward to a brighter future, shall we?" Youngjae said, smiling back at Jaebum. "I was in the wrong too, hyung. Please don't blame yourself for this. I miss you, you know? I thought you didn't want to bring me home."

Jaebum grinned as a lone tear threatened to slip out of his eye. "I would never leave you, Youngjae. I'm sorry."

Youngjae gave him a lopsided smile, before pulling Jaebum closer and hugging him.

"Same."

Jaebum gladly accepted the hug.

~

Jinyoung grinned from behind the closed door.

"Told you they would make up. Pay up!" He snorts as he smacks Mark's shoulder.

Grumbling, Mark fishes out a twenty from his pocket. "Great, just the time to be bankrupt."

"Well, its karma."

"What?! Why karma?"

"Cause you punched the hell out of Jaebum, duh?"

Author's note:
Wwoowowowoowwo this chapter seems so weird guys ;_; I'm so sorrrrrryy HAHHAHA. I know the font has been different lately, but I'll make sure to edit all the fonts in this story once I have time or if not, have already completed it. Oh god, this chapter seems like some sort of drama HAHHA