• Fight •

Hybrid Slave

tumblr_n8hc6tQ0TH1tqaycao2_250.gif

“Dad?” Youngjae squinted before rubbing his eyes once more. “I-I” Youngjae took a few steps back as his father hesitantly offered a hand to him.

“Why are you here?’ Youngjae clutched the cold carton of ice cream closer to himself, tail recoiling in shock and disgust. As silly as it seemed to be, Youngjae would rather freeze to death clutching the cold ice cream as a defensive barrier rather than grasping onto nothing.

Youngjae watched as his father took in a deep breath and let in a long sigh. “Youngjae, I- I’m really sorry of what I had did to you, I-“

“Wait, what? Am I hearing you correctly?” Youngjae took in a shaky breath as he stared in shock, interrupting his father.

Solemnly, his father nodded and continued. “I’m really sorry, Youngjae. You’ve always been a great son to me…” Youngjae couldn’t believe his ears. The father he knew wasn’t like this, not at all.

It struck him. Youngjae realised why his father was doing so. “Hold on. There’s a catch to this, isn’t it? Why would you suddenly come finding your ‘beloved’ son after just selling them away?” Youngjae asked, his voice coming out squeaky.

“Well, I- I was wondering if you could just do me a favour. “ His father gave a weak smile, eyes filled with hope. “I was wondering if my son, my most precious ball of sunshine, could help his poor dad by giving just a small amount of $100,000. “

Youngjae was appalled. “What? $100,000? I certainly don’t have that much!” He took another step back as his father’s smile faded almost instantly.

By now, there were onlookers, whispering and closing in on the scene, curious as to what was going to happen.

His father’s face darkened as he followed Youngjae, taking a menacing step forwards, keeping up to Youngjae.  Youngjae’s grip on the ice cold carton grew tighter. Now this, this was the father who he knew.

“You’re telling me, a member of the Im family won’t have any money to spare someone? Not even if it’s his own poor, old, father of his? Don’t bull with me, Youngjae. I know those people own a huge sum of money, and being my son, you should be helping me instead.” His father grinned as he scoffed, a dark smile creeping up on his face. Youngjae’s hand immediately shot up to cover the dog tag on his collar, his frightened look giving him away.

Youngjae froze. Deep inside, he knew this was bound to happen. His father couldn’t have changed so fast just a few months after selling him. Gritting his teeth, Youngjae hissed at him.

“Hissing? Wow, I’m truly scared out of my wits.” His father laughed. Youngjae breaths grew shaky once again. What was he going to do? His father continued, moving forward again before putting a hand on Youngjae’s hair. “Besides, Youngjae, isn’t a son responsible for his father? Helping him with such a small amount of money, and you’re already disagreeing to it? Such an unfillial son.”

Youngjae snapped. The pent up anger and hatred towards his father pushed Youngjae off the cliff. Shaking his father’s hand away from his blonde locks, Youngjae glared at him.

“You’re wrong, dad. I won’t help you. I thought, maybe you’d had changed.” Youngjae snorted. “But clearly you haven’t. And saying out front in my face that you love me? Really? I don’t think a father would ever sell his own ing son away, hybrid or not, for goddamn money? Do you even love me dad? Or are you just viewing your only son as some sort of ing source of income to fund your stupid gambling debts?” Youngjae’s voice grew louder with each breath, his feelings overwhelming him. Ignoring the stares from the crowd, he continued, as he saw his father in shock.

“If you think I’m just going to hand the money over, you’re dead wrong. After making so much money selling your own son, you still have the nerve to come threatening your very son that you sold away for money? Is money all that ever matters to you?”

Youngjae heaved a sigh as he hastily wiped stray tears away from the side of his face. “Dad, I’m not the old, naïve Youngjae that would do anything for his stubborn father anymore. So stop, please. I’m sick and tired of all this. I don’t even know what a family is now. “Youngjae swore he saw a glimpse of guilt flash over his father’s face.

Youngjae was horrified at what he had just done. Father or not, should he have been lashing out on him in public? Gritting his teeth, Youngjae turned away from the man he once loved, pushing past the throng of onlookers, in a rush to check out the goddamn ice cream.

I hate him, I really do. Youngjae’s eyes filled with tears once more as he ran. He cursed silently as he looked up, trying to will those tears back. I’m really such a coward, Youngjae laughed weakly.

~

Jaebum sighed as he flopped over on the couch, turning a deaf ear to Yugyeom’s and Bambam’s constant chatter. “Guys, why so nervous? I’m pretty sure Youngjae kept to his word, no need to panic.” Bambam, on the other hand, seemed extremely anxious, pacing round the couch.

“It’s not that we don’t trust Youngjae hyung… It’s just that the desert just needs that ice cream to top it off, yet it might be a complete disaster if it melts before Youngjae hyung manages to reach home. THAN WE MIGHT DIE, HYUNG!” Bambam exclaimed, wringing his hands as he rambled on.

Jaebum snorted. “You won’t die, Bambam. Probably get a decrease in your pay or whatnot, but I assure you, that you most probably will not die.”

“Most probably? Hyung! You’re not even sure yourself!” Yugyeom whined as he groaned.

“Yah, hyung! What is this?”

“What? I’m really sure, ok? I –“

“Hyung, I can see you lying through your teeth!”

“Hey! I’m not, Bambam, stop exaggerating and-“

“You guys are childish.”

“Yugyeom, you’re the youngest here!”

“Sure, hyu-“

“I’m home.” A shaky voice broke their scuffle as three heads turned to the voice at the doorway. “Finally, hyung! We thought you might have forgotten us!” Bambam leapt up to Youngjae, whose grip was tight on the plastic bag he was holding. Jaebum frowned as he raked Youngjae from head to toe. Something wasn’t quite right. The usually cheerful Youngjae was now gloomy and depressed, his ears flopped on his head, his tail lying limply between his legs. His face seemed pale and lifeless, and Jaebum could tell how hard Youngjae was gripping the bag of ice cream so hard, is knuckles were now a ghostly white. Bambam seemed totally oblivious, and hugged him tightly.

Youngjae kept quiet. He didn’t feel the need to say something, and besides, there was nothing to say, really. Catching on, Yugyeom pulled Bambam away from the downcast blonde, squeezing his shoulder softly. “Thanks hyung. You saved us.”

There was no response.

 Yugyeom then proceeded to pull an extremely oblivious Bambam back to the kitchen to finish up the last dish.

Jaebum stood up. “Youngjae? Are you feeling well?” Youngjae’s gaze stuck to the floor, as he walked past Jaebum silently, ignoring Jaebum’s question. Jaebum watched, stuck to the spot, as Youngjae walked up the staircase, made a turn into their shared bedroom, before proceeding to close it with a big slam.

Jaebum was at a loss.

~

Jaebum was starting to feel utterly frustrated. Even after a few months, Youngjae was still unwilling to open up to them. He was goddamn tired of Youngjae ignoring them, even after a week or so had passed.

The latter was cooped up in their room all day, only coming out from the room to take a glass of water or some snacks, but never a full course meal, which was making Jaebum nervous about the younger’s health. Even the maknaes were worried.

“Jaebum hyung, Youngjae hyung didn’t touch his food at all… “

“Hyung, Youngjae hyung said he wasn’t hungry.”

Jaebum was worried, of course, but he was annoyed too. Why was the latter acting in such a way? Also, Youngjae was unwilling to tell him about what had happened, which greatly aggravated Jaebum. Who knew what had happened?

He didn’t even get to see much of Youngjae these days, only at night, when Youngjae was already long asleep, or when Youngjae sneaked out to grab food.

Jaebum gritted his teeth and made his way to their shared bedroom. He was going to ask Youngjae what in the world was happening, once and for all.

~

“Youngjae. It’s me, Jaebum. Open up. I need to talk to you.” Jaebum exclaimed as he knocked on the door, determination set on his face. He had expected Youngjae to ignore him as usual, and raised his hand to knock again when, to his surprise, the door opened, revealing a tired Youngjae standing in front of him.

Jaebum did a double take. Youngjae had noticeable dark eye rings forming under his eyes, and Jaebum couldn’t help but stare at his eyes, which were swollen and puffy. His black ears were lying flat on his blonde hair, which was now black at its roots. His tail, usually up and waving around happily, was lifeless and hanging limply. And his face, seemed dull and pale, most of its cheerfulness seemed to have been gone. Jaebum didn’t know that it was this serious.

“Are you going to come in?” Youngjae broke the silence, his face completely devoid of emotion. His voice came out as a hoarse whisper, not sounding like the cherry, melodic voice Jaebum had grew a liking to, over the months.

“Uh, yeah.” Jaebum mumbled as he tore his eyes away and stepped in, settling on the nearby chair next to Youngjae as Youngjae closed the door softly.

“By the way, we’ve ran out of tissues. I just used up the last box.” Youngjae muttered as he pointed a finger in the direction of the bedside table, which was littered with tissues and an empty box. Jaebum made a quick mental note to buy more. “And what was it you wanted to say hyung?” He sat on the bed, turning his attention to Jaebum

Jaebum sighed, leaned back on the chair and proceeded to run his hand through his head. ‘Look, Youngjae. I’m sorry for whatever happened, but you need to start confiding in us, Youngjae. We’re just worried about you.” Youngjae listened, but no reply was heard.

“Youngjae?”

“I’m fine hyung, nothing happened.” Youngjae finally spoke up. Jaebum frowned, annoyance creeping over him. Why was Youngjae so persistent to conceal the truth?

“You’re not, Youngjae. I can tell that you’re definitely not.” Youngjae set his eyes on the carpet, not wanting to have eye contact.

“I told you, hyung. Nothing’s wrong.” Jaebum saw Youngjae tugging on the hem of his shirt, and sighed again in frustration. He felt the bubble of annoyance around him grow bigger, and about to burst any minute due to the latter’s stubbornness.

“Yah, Youngjae. Don’t make me say this again. Just tell me what happened that day, I swear I won’t tell a soul.”

Still, Youngjae kept mute.

And Jaebum blew his top.

“Yah! Choi Youngjae! Why can’t you see we’re trying to help you? Why are you hiding yourself in a corner? We’re trying our best already, why can’t you just-“ Jaebum exclaimed,  getting off the chair. 

To which Youngjae merely laughed weakly. "Its no use, hyung. My lips are sealed. Don't bother." 

Jaebum was outraged. Since when had Youngjae became like this? 

Taking a deep breath,  Jaebum tried to calm himself down as he placed a shaky hand on Youngjae's shoulder and gripped it, a little too hard then intended. "Choi Youngjae. Stop lying to yourself. You're making it worse for yourself and everyone who cares around you. Face reality." 

Youngjae let out a low chuckle, his voice low and husky. "It doesn't matter,hyung. I don't even know who I am anymore. How does it matter?" Mortified, Jaebum squeezed his shoulder hard. Where was the Youngjae that he had grown a liking to? The soft, shy yet lovely kid he had decided to bring under his wing? This wasn't Youngjae. Not at all.

Jaebum paused for a moment,  processing whatever Youngjae had declared. His emotions grew larger as he recalled why he was here to find the latter, and it started creeping up on him as Youngjae continued to push away every question he had in mind. 

And let's just say, an angry Jaebum was even more frightening than his father.  

Without thinking,  Jaebum's hand moved the centre of Youngjae's neck, his eyes hardening as he did so. Jaebum, now, could clearly see the sudden fear and shock in Youngjae's eyes. 

Youngjae immediately clawed as his throat and Jaebum's hands as Jaebum proceeded to push him to the wall and lift him up slowly. Youngjae felt his throat burn as he desperately kicked the air below him. 

He felt tears slowly filling his eyes, as he choked. Jaebum didn't appear to be noticing what he was doing, his hardened eyes burning a hole through Youngjae's head. Youngjae struggled relentlessly as his tail tried to push Jaebum away but to no avail.

Jaebum grinned, a dark look on his face which made Youngjae instantly regret everything he had told him just now. The tables had turned.

"Now, Choi Youngjae. Listen to what I have to say. You do know I can easily get rid of you and just get another hybrid.  You wouldn't want that, do you? Having said that,  I personally think you should give more respect, to me, especially when I am trying my ing best to help you. " 

Youngjae was horrified. Scratching relentlessly at Jaebum's hands, he winced and squeaked when the hand tightened. His chest burned as he felt every breath escaping. Jaebum was still lost in his cloud of anger, rambling on. 

Youngjae was sure he was going to die, this way. He regretted everything instantly. He shouldn't have tried to be a hero, he should have told Jaebum everything. Now, if he actually died at the hands of Jaebum, he wouldn't mind. It was entirely his fault anyways.

Feeling the hand clench around his throat tighter, and the last breath of air slipping out of his throat, Youngjae closed his eyes.

 

Author's note:  

I think I might have written something overly dramatic and fast. :(( oh no. But i hope you guys will like this though... next chapter will also be the continuation  of this fight: ( and what will happen. Lets just hope jaebum will redeem himself for what he has done to yj: (( 

I promise you, yj will not die √ 

SO SORRY FOR THIS OVERLY DRAMA CHAPTER; -; Its my first time writing this type  stuff HAHAHHA