• Auction House •

Hybrid Slave

giphy.gif

Jaebum woke up with a pounding headache. Not a great way to wake up on a Sunday morning. "Hurry up! We need to leave house in 15!" His father grunted before slamming his door again. Jaebum let out a sigh. One of these days, his bedroom door was sure to come off his hinges after many times of slamming the door by his dad. Oh well, it wasn't like his dad couldn't pay it anyway. Stretching slightly, Jaebum groaned as he scratched his arm. Gazing lazily towards the window, Jaebum yawned and got up slowly. Grabbing a towel of a hanger and his clothes, Jaebum trudged to the bathroom to get properly attired for the day. "Formal clothes only." Jaebum mimicked his father, rolling his eyes. He was a certain that auctioning hybrids off as slaves was definitely not a formal event. Reluctantly, he made sure he was dressed neatly, sprayed on a little bit of cologne before meeting his father in the foyer of their house. 

 
And look and behold, Park Jinyoung was there too. Jaebum's mood changed as soon as he saw his best friend. "Jinyoung!" Jaebum laughed as Jinyoung ran into him and hugged him. Their fathers were co-owners of IM Entertainment, so, since young, when their fathers were busy with work, having no one to spend time with them, they just so happened to bump into each other one day while waiting for their fathers to finish their meeting. 
 
Jinyoung, like Jaebum as well, had a soft spot for hybrids. He was the one who had influenced Jaebum, but the good thing was that his father was supportive of Jinyoung, unlike Jaebum and his father, a major opposite. Oh, if Jaebum had a dollar for every time he and his father bickered over this hybrid slave issue, Jaebum would be the world's richest man already. Jaebum sighed. After all, his father was stubborn. Like father like son.
 
As Jinyoung, Jaebum, and their dad's filled in the limo that was waiting outside. Jaebum closed his eyes and leaned back against the seat. So, today was the day, huh? Getting a hybrid... Then, he felt a familiar hand envelop his. Jinyoung grinned at him. "Don't worry. It'll be fine." Jaebum could only smile back meekly. 
 
~
 
"Hello, welcome to the Auction House." A young woman dressed formally handed him a booklet as they made their way through the main entrance of the function room. Jaebum couldn't help but snort. Why were they acting like this was such a formal event? They were just selling hybrids as if they had no rights. Was it even something so wonderful, to sell their souls and probably their youth to someone they don't know, such that it was emphasized greatly in their society? Why - "Im Jaebum, did you hear what I said?" Jaebum blinked his eyes a couple of times, trying to snap himself out of his cloud of thoughts. His dad was nagging at him once again. "Remember what I told you. I expect you to leave with one. I'm not letting you leave until you've bought one. Get this into your head. Get one and keep our image up. Don't get one, and see how people will look down on us. Spare a thought for me too." Crossing his arms in annoyance, Jaebum nodded his head reluctantly. "Yes, yes, alright." 
 
~
 
"Everyone. Welcome to the auction house. It is our pleasure indeed, to have you all here tonight, to walk away with a companion of your choice and fancy. Bidding will occur for every hybrid displayed, if anyone wants to bid , do raise your hand and shout out your price. The younger the hybrid, the higher the starting bid will be. Let's begin." Jaebum carefully tucked the booklet away. He had simply flipped through it, scanning quickly and putting it aside. Apparently, after some speeches and background info about the auction, only then will the real auction start. Jaebum frowned, tapping the shoulder next to his. "Wake me up when the auction starts Jinyoung." He'd rather sleep through the talks than listen to them drone on and on about the "history" and bull about how magnificent this whole auction was. He had came here once and left empty-handed. The schedule was still the same. Speeches, speeches, and more ing speeches before the actual selling. Sometimes Jaebum wondered if the other guests actually took the time to listen to the speakers.
 
 
"Jaebum, wake up! Its finally starting!" Jinyoung heartily pulled on his sleeve as his eyes stayed glued to the stage. Number 1 was coming out for auction now. Jaebum stretched his arms wearily, trying his best not to obstruct the people behind in any way. Number 1 didn't catch his eye. Number 2 didn't either... Number 3, number 4, number 5... Jaebum lost count.
 
"Number 54, Mark Tuan. Mix of leopard and black cat, aged 25. Mark, are you a ?" The MC gesticulated wildly while looking at both the audience and Mark, the new hybrid that was just brought out. Jaebum raised an eyebrow when he saw Jinyoung lean forward in curiosity. Mark had soft, red-brownish hair, and there was no doubt he was handsome. Jaebum laughed to himself softly. "Interested, Jinyoung? He's sure to be expensive." As if in a daze, Jinyoung nodded , eyes still glued to Mark. He watched as Jinyoung took in every bit of Mark's beauty, hand ready to raise up and bid for him. Jaebum frowned. At least Jinyoung saw someone that caught his eye. Jaebum had still yet to bid for any hybrid, and there was only a total of 60 hybrids for sale this year. Mark was placed at a starting bid of a $500,000,000, as quoted by the MC. Hands shot up in the air, Jinyoung's arms included as well , and yells of men and women both rang loudly in the audience. "$590,000,000!" "$630,000,000!" "$684,000,000!" "$750,000,000!" Jaebum's eyes widened, stunned as he blinked blankly at Jinyoung. $750,000,000? "Dude, you sure you're willing to spend so much?" Jaebum hissed, confusion clearly etched on his face. Jinyoung nodded his head again vigorously. "$750,000,000, once! Twice! Sold to the man in blue! " The MC exclaimed, pointing his hands at Jinyoung, who looked as if he could fall out of his seat any moment due to his excitement. "Good luck Jaebum. Do tell me what happens. Now, if you excuse me, I need to do the papers with them." Jinyoung grinned as he hurriedly stood up, dusted himself off before ducking off to the exit of the auction room to sign the documents. Jaebum inwardly grimaced as he let his gaze travel back to the stage. There was only 6 hybrids left, and he had to get one. They were bringing the next hybrid out now. 
 
A blonde hair hybrid stepped out from behind the stage, black ears flattened on his head and his tail between his legs. The blonde had a collar on his neck, leash in hand by another man who had led him out. Than, it struck Jaebum. He looks really familiar... Wait- was it that blonde from the other day? Jaebum leaned forward in his seat, trying to get a good look of the blonde on the stage and the projected screen. It was him. The blonde he had seen the other night. With the familiar mole under his eye even. Jaebum frowned. Why was he here? He seemed skinnier than the last time Jaebum had seen, or technically saved him. He looked... more beautiful than ever, but there was a tinge of sadness that was coming from him.
 
"Number 54, Choi Youngjae. Black cat hybrid. Aged only 18, young blood, so we will have a much higher starting price. Youngjae-ah, we would be interested to know if you are still a or not?" The MC faked a smile again as he pointed towards the audience, who was waiting in suspense. So his name was Choi Youngjae. Youngjae. Such a nice name to match his face. Jaebum smiled. Who would have thought he would have seen Youngjae again? But why was he at an auction house? 
 
Jaebum could almost hear his own heartbeat. The auction was deathly silent, all waiting for Youngjae's reply. Jaebum sighed. Youngjae was squinting at the floor, hands behind his back, not making any noise. What happened next made Jaebum almost cry out in shock and surprise. It was as if in slow motion. Jaebum saw the man from behind Youngjae raise his other hand, in which he was holding a ing belt. Jaebum could only watch on wide eyed as the belt was raised high in the air before coming back down on Youngjae's back. Jaebum flinched. Youngjae was thrown forward by the strong impact, bringing him to his hands and knees. Oh, how Jaebum wanted to help him up and comfort him. He gazed silently at Youngjae as he stood up shakily and nodded his head timidly. The tears in Youngjae's eyes shone ever so brightly, like moonlight. Jaebum swore he felt his heart ache as he clenched his fists. No one deserved this. He was going to bring Youngjae home. Definitely, no matter how much he had to pay. After all, his father had said it, he was allowed to pay as much as he wanted to get one. 
 
~
 
Author's note :
Hi guys :-) As you guys can already know, some chapters will be of Jaebum's POV while some will be of Youngjae's. This time I managed to add in Jaebum's Pov and also added who had bought Mark ;) since many of you were pestering for jinmark 😂 i'll try to update as soon as i can, but it will definitely take some time since my exams are due in 2 weeks ;-; i'll still try my best to add snippets here and there to update :-) 💕💕