Physics Lesson

Innocent Love

" Unnie…"

 

" Hmmm? "

 

" Don't you go to school yet? It's late already…"

 

" Imm… I'm not… I'm not feeling well…"

 

" Really? Let me see…"

 

Bomi worriedly said and she tries to touch Chorong's forehead… Chorong quickly moves backward and she smiles…

 

" It's ok, Bomi-ah… I only need more sleep…"

 

" You sure? "

 

" Imm…"

 

Chorong said… She finishes her breakfast and washes the dishes before she goes into her room… Bomi watches Chorong's every moves…

 

" Strange… Something is wrong with unnie… I'm sure…"

 

She whispers… But she needs to cut off her thoughts as she will miss the bus… Bomi walks quickly to the bus-stop and luckily, she is just on time… She takes the bus and chooses to sit at the last row…

 

Bomi puts the earplugs and closed the eyes as she enjoys the lonely silence… Hmmmm… It's been a long time she lasts go to school alone…

 

Talking about alone, Bomi suddenly remembers Chorong who is left alone at home… Will she be alright??

 

Bomi sighs… Well, Chorong doesn't talk to her since last night and neither did she… Bomi thinks Chorong seems she is avoiding her… But she chose not to talk as she also wants some space from Chorong…

 

She really dislikes the idea of sticking around her and being controlled all the time… Immmm… This is more way peaceful…

 

Bomi thinks and leans on the windowpane… At that time, someone sits beside her… Bomi doesn't want to know who it is so she just ignores…

 

* wave wave wave *

 

But a hand waves in front of her face amd Bomi takes a glance… And a smiling face is greeting her… 

 

" Anneyeong! "

 

" Omo! "

 

Bomi quickly removes the earplugs…

 

" Jr!! !! !! "

 

" HeeHee… Noona, I think I'm not the only one who lates for school…"

 

" Ha Ha… Yes… This is usual thing for me, too…"

 

Bomi replies… The first year kid nods…

 

" Now, I can tell my friends that I'm a normal kid… Not a lazy one…"

 

" Immm… What??!! "

 

Bomi glares…

 

" Yah! Now you are telling me that I'm lazy???? Park Jinyoung!! !! !! "

 

" HeeHeeHee… You remember my name…"

 

" Yep… I have a very good memory…"

 

" Thumb up… No… No… Two thumbs up! "

 

He jokingly said while giving her two thumbs up… Bomi can't help but she laughs out loud…

 

" Yah! Stop…"

 

" No, noona… The one who should stop is you… People are watching us…"

 

He whispers and Bomi notices that people are watching them and smiling… She blushes a little as she doesn't like gaining attentions… 

 

They don't talk anymore and the rest of their short trip is a quiet one… Bomi doesn't wait for him and she walks fast to the school…

 

" Noona! Noona! Wait! "

 

But the kid doesn't let her go easily… He runs after and stops in front of her…

 

" Yes?? "

 

" Ummm… Noona… Do you want to go to the welcome party with me?? "

 

" Welcome party? "

 

" Yes… It's this weekend…"

 

He said and Bomi remembers the party… She didn't go to that party since she was first year… 

 

" No… I……"

 

" If you don't have any partner, please say yes… Pleaseee… Plus you owe me one thing… You can pay back by going together with me… Please, noona…"

 

He begs and how Bomi can say No… She sighs and nods…

 

" Okay…"

 

" Yayyyyy! Thanks noona… I'm so happy now… HeeHeeHee…"

 

He said and before she changes her mind again, he runs away from her… Bomi shakes her head and she enters her class…

 

" Yoon Bomi, are you enjoying your life now? "

 

" What? "

 

" We saw you and your Jr came to school togetger…"

 

Eunji said and Namjoo nods in agreement… Bomi doesn't want to explain so she shuts up and takes her seat… Eunji leans her head on the desk and asks…

 

" Btw, where is your unnie? "

 

" Umm… She didn't come to school today…"

 

" Awww…"

 

They stop talking when professor comes in… Bomi checks her phone as she expecting text messages from Chorong… But nothing comes in the whole day…

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

 

 

A month ago………

 

Bomi is in her class… She is looking outside by the window and thinking random things… 

 

* Beep Beep Beep *

 

Her phone rings and messages reaches… Bomi takes her phone and checks…

 

" From Unnie………

       Bbom-ah, what are you doing?? I know you are boring already… Fightingggg! "

 

Bomi smiles and she replies…

 

" To Unnie………

    Nah… It's tooooooo boringg… I can't stand anymore… Unnie-ah, save meeeeee…"

 

She excitingly waits for the message and it comes in immediately…

 

" From Unnie…………

       Awwwww, poor baby… But it's only a few minutes to go… Ha Ha… Concentrate, kid, concentrate…"

 

" To Unnie……

     Naeeeeeee… Unnie, too, fightingg! "

 

Bomi smiles and she puts the phone back on the desk… At least, she doesn't want to sleep for a few minutes…

 

 

 

 

 

A week ago……

 

Bomi is in the cafeteria with her friends… It was after school but she doesn't want to go back home yet…

 

Immm, actually, she doesn't want to face Chorong… And she also doesn't want to stay under her stare… So, she decides to hang out with her friends for a few hours…

 

* Beep  Beep  Beep *

 

Bomi checks her phone and finds that it is Chorong who sent the message… She sighs and opens it…

 

" From Unnie…………

       Bomi-ah, where are you, baby??? Unnie's worried…"

 

" Aish… Why she can't leave me alone? "

 

Bomi thinks and she puts the phone on the table… And she resumes talking with Eunji and Namjoo…

 

* Beep  Beep  Beep *

 

" From Unnie………

       Bomi-ah, if you are not ok, please tell me… You have your unnie… Hmmm…"

 

" Nope Bomi… Don't reply…"

 

Bomi talks to herself… She wants to reply but she needs to cut off this… At that time, her phone starts vibrating…

 

Chorong is calling her…

 

Bomi gulps… But she decides not to answer as she thinks she needs some space… If she keeps ignoring Chorong, the older girl will stop coming to her…

 

Bomi spent the whole evening with friends and she reaches home around 6… Chorong ia waiting for her in the living room… As soon as she enters the house, Chorong walks to her…

 

" Bbom-ah, where have you been?? You okay?? "

 

" Yeah…"

 

" Why didn't you reply my sms? And why didn't you answer my call? "

 

" Hmmm?? Ah, I made silent mode in class… I didn't hear… Sorry…"

 

Bomi said…

 

" I'll be in my room… If you need any help, call me…"

 

Bomi said… She enters her room and locks the door…

 

 

 

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

 

 

" Am I too over? "

 

Bomi thinks… She is still staring at the phone but nothing is happened as she expected… No message… No call… From Chorong…

 

Eunji and Namjoo look at her in surprise when they clearly hear Bomi's sigh…

 

" Wae?? "

 

" Hmm?? "

 

" You sigh… Anything bothering you? "

 

" Immmm…"

 

Bomi decides to share with them…

 

" My unnie… You all know she takes care of me a lot, right? "

 

" Yes…"

 

" Imm… I feel stress…"

 

" What? "

 

" I mean she is too good to me… But I… Being only Yoon Bomi… I'm a pabo… I can't return anything to her… But she still is too good…"

 

" So what is your problem? "

 

" Recently, unnie is too close to me… I mean Too Close… I'm a type who keep everything inside me… I'm not ready to open up about myself to anyone… But… But she wants to know everything… She keeps watching my every single move… And I feel tense… Stress… So I keep ignoring her for weeks… And I think finally she gets the sense… She doesn't care me anymore… See… Still no message and no call from Unnie the whole day… And I… I don't know but I think something is wrong with me…"

 

Bomi stops and she looks at her friends… Eunji and Namjoo stop eating and they are now looking at her with straight faces…

 

" What?! I know I am a stupid… Stop giving me that faces…"

 

" Yah! Pabo-ah! "

 

Eunji hits her head with her dirty spoon… Bomi pouts and she said…

 

" Why you hit me, Jung? "

 

" Yah! You said you ignored her first and you think she got the sense… Then, why you are waiting for her calls and messages…"

 

" Ummm? "

 

" Bomi-ah, this is what you want… Right? Stop thinking too much…"

 

" But I don't like her ignorance either…"

 

" Don't be greedy, Bomi unnie… You can't win both games at a time… You don't like your unnie taking care of you too much… And you also don't want her to ignore you… So, what you really want?? "

 

Namjoo butts in…

 

" Unnie, do you know law of reflection? "

 

" Hmmm? "

 

" It's Physics…"

 

" HeeHee… I don't know…"

 

" The angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflection… If your incidence ray strikes with 50°, you will get 50° reflection… Understand?? "

 

" Like Newton's thrid law, action and reaction is always the same… You will get as much as you give…"

 

Eunji also joins Namjoo's lecture and Bomi pouts…

 

" I'm bad at Maths and Physics… Don't freak me out, you two…"

 

Eunji shakes her head…

 

" No… We are trying to give you solution… If you want your unnie's ignorance, just ignore her… She will understand your signal and get off… If you want her care, show your true self too… She will not care about you unless you open up…"

 

" This is… Hard…"

 

" This is your problem… Think carefully, Bomi… And decide only what you want…"

 

" Don't forget to talk with her too… Whatever you decide… "

 

Eunji and Namjoo resume eating lunch and Bomi is gripping tightly her phone and thinking…

 

After school, she comes back to home quickly… 

 

" Chorong unnie!! "

 

Bomi shouts but no one replies… Bomi looks for Chorong in the house but it seems she is not at home…

 

" She isn't home?? Wae?? Is she sick too much?? Is she in hospital?? "

 

Bomi widens her eyes as the thought of hospital… She takes out her phone and decides to call Chorong…

 

* No one picks *

 

" Aish! "

 

Bomi grabs her jacket and she runs out of the house to go find Chorong… But at that time, a car stops in front of the house…

 

" Unnie! "

 

Bomi runs to Chorong who comes down from the car…

 

" Where have you been? Why you didn't pick up the phone? "

 

" Hmmmm? "

 

Chorong looks at her… Bomi arches her eyebrows as Chorong seems she doesn't care at all… She leans to the car and said goodbye to the man that Bomi dislikes… She waits till the car disappears and turns to Bomi…

 

" Ahh, I was out with Luhan oppa… You remember him, right? He is my senior at high school…"

 

" Yeah…"

 

" We had a good conversation… And I changed my phone into vibrate mode so I didn't hear that… Sorry, Bomi…"

 

She said and she enters the house… Bomi follows her…

 

" Unnie…"

 

" Imm? "

 

Bomi wants to say many things but nothing comes out… She sighs…

 

" Are you feeling well?? "

 

" Much better…"

 

Chorong walks towards her door and she opens it…

 

" Call me if you need anything… I'll be in my room…"

 

Choring said and she enters her room… Bomi is left like a statue in the living room… She doesn't know what is really happening in her mind…

 

She enters her room quietly and throws herself onto the bed…

 

" Finally… I get what I want…"

 

She whispers… But she sits up on the bed immediately…

 

" But is this what I really want?? "

 

She knows the answer already… No… She doesn't like this situation too… But it seems Chorong doesn't care about her anymore…

 

" Huuu… What should I do now???? "

 

Bomi talks to herself while covering her face with her palms… Chorong unnie has a boyfriend and she is now ignoring her… Suddenly, she remembers what her friends said…

 

" Am I too greedy?? Am I wrong?? "

 

Bomi doesn't know really… She shakes her head and sighs… What done is done… It can't be corrected easily… For now, she has to lose her unnie…

 

For every action, there will always be reaction… 

 

Physics is always right…