Park Chorong

Innocent Love

" There… There… There…"

 

" There she is!! "

 

" Who?? "

 

" Park Chorong!! "

 

" Where?? Where?? "

 

" OMG! So beautiful!! "

 

The cafeteria is filled with noises as soon as she makes a step into… Chorong sighs uneasily and she tries to ignore all of the males who are fan boying over her…

 

" Yah! Why she is so popular?? I am more beautiful than her, right?? "

 

" Look at her make-up and outfits… Let's go shopping after class…"

 

" I hate her… Too y…"

 

Girls are also complainting as she enters… Well, these are usual things for Chorong whenever she visits cafeteria… She refuses to come to cafeteria as she doesn't want to hear all these things… But her friends drag her by force so she ends up here today…

 

" Aigoo… Chorong-ah, ignore them…"

 

ChoA said as she pads her back… Jimin also nods and she agrees with ChoA…

 

" Yes, Chorong-ah… You don't have to avoid them… C'm on! "

 

" Immm…"

 

" Yah! Park Chorong… Change your face… Now…"

 

Irene said and Chorong inhales… She wears a fake smile that can kill any man who looks at her and changes her steps into confident ones…

 

Her friends look at each other and they follow Chorong… Chorong has to ignore the extra attentions that she gains from everyone during lunch until they finally reach to their class…

 

" Huu… Finally…"

 

" We are safe…"

 

" Aigooo… It is not easy to be friends with school popular queen…"

 

" It doesn't mean I enjoy it…"

 

 Chorong said with a pout and her friends laugh…

 

" But seriously, Chorong-ah, you should date one of them… At least, your fanboys will back off… Probably…"

 

Irene said and Chorong shakes her head…

 

" I don't want to… I have my own world already… I don't need anyone anymore…"

 

" Immmm…"

 

Chorong looks at her three friends and she smiles…

 

" Yah~ I know you guys are annoying because of them… But this is also not a reason to date… Okay? "

 

" Arasso… But I still wonder why you love so much to be alone…"

 

" Jimin-ah, I'm alone yet I'm not lonely… I have my father, my sister and you guys… What do I need more?? "

 

" But - "

 

" No But… I will not date…"

 

Chorong said and she opens her book… Coincidently, the professor also comes in and the class starts so it gives no chance to her friends to attack her with questions anymore…

 

* Beep Beep Beep *

 

Chorong checks her phone and she smiles as a text was sent to her by a certain person… She immediately opens and reads it…

 

" Unnie, after class, let's go back home together… I'll be waiting…"

 

" Aigoo… This kid…"

 

" Who?? "

 

" Yah! "

 

Chorong scolds Jimin who peeks her phone over her shoulder and she shows the phone…

 

" It's just Bomi…"

 

" OMG!! The cutiepie!!!! "

 

Both ChoA and Jimin said in unison with twinkling eyes making Chorong to frown…

 

" Yah! Not my sister! "

 

" Wae?? She is too cute… Immmm… With a baby-like face plus innocent manners… Everyone will like her…"

 

Irene said dreamily while ChoA and Jimin are nodding furiously showing that they are totally agree with Irene…

 

" Chorong-ah, you know? You are too lucky to have a sister like her…"

 

Irene blurs out but Chorong smiles…

 

Yoon Bomi… That kid is really something… She becomes essential of Chorong's life only within a short time…

 

Well, Chorong was a kid who was smart and beautiful in her high school days… She stood first in classes and also took the title of Queen…

 

That makes her to be isolated from others… She didn't have friends nor someone to talk as her father was always busy and her mother has died since she was very young…

 

Her life was a quiet and lonely one until Yoon Bomi came into…

 

When her father remarried again, Chorong got not only a stepmother but also a sister… Not like stories, her stepmother and sister didn't want their possessions… And they didn't badly treat her either…

 

Thinking about Bomi, the first thing Chorong remembers is her eyes… Chorong noticed that Bomi's eyes are full with loneliness and some kind of sadness at that time…

 

From that time on, they became a family… But Bomi always stayed alone, locking up her room… She didn't talk much… Although she acted as normal, they all knew that Bomi was keeping a distance between them and herself…

 

Chorong and Bomi became sisters in that way but they were not closed until…… Until Bomi's mother's death…

 

Bomi's mother died with ovarian cancer after two years of marriage… And Bomi was the one who hurt the most, of course…

 

Well, Chorong will never forget that day…

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

 

 

" Appa, will you be alright? "

 

Chorong asks… Her father nods and he tries to smile weakly…

 

" I'm sorry…"

 

Chorong said and she gives a comfort hug for him… He hugs her back and pads her back… 

 

" Chorong-ah, go check on Bomi… She is in the terrible situation…"

 

" Nae, appa…"

 

Chorong said and she leaves him alone in the room… She goes up and stands in front of Bomi's room…

 

During this two years of living together, she has never been in Bomi's room… Chorong slowly knocks on the door…

 

" Bomi-ah, can i come in? "

 

No reply from the room… Chorong sighs and she turns the door knob… Surprisingly, the door is not locked… Chorong slowly opens the door and she peeks into the room…

 

The first thing that welcomes her from the room is the dark… Only dark… 

 

Chorong blinks and she calls…

 

" Bomi-ah? "

 

Chorong's hand tries to seaech the switch and lights up the room… She looks around and notices a figure sitting at the corner of the room while hugging her kneels…

 

" Bomi-ah…"

 

Chorong walks towards the younger girl… The room is in messy and Chorong can say that the last time cleaning may be five or six months ago…

 

" Bomi-ah, are you alright?? "

 

Chorong asks while sitting beside Bomi… Bomi doesn't look her up so Chorong puts her hand on her shoulder…

 

Chorong is surprised when she finds that Bomi's body is shaking a little… OMG!

 

" Bomi-ah…"

 

Chorong whispers and she hugs the younger girl… As soon as she gently carassess Bomi's hair, a sob comes out from Bomi…

 

" It's ok… You can cry…"

 

Chorong whispers and Bomi starts to cry… They don't talk anything and stay like this till Bomi can calm down herself… Bomi removes herself from Chorong and looks at the older girl with tear staining face…

 

" Aigooo… Come here…"

 

Chorong smiles and she wipes the tears for her… Bomi is still staring at her so Chorong asks…

 

" Wae Bomi-ah? "

 

" Chorong unnie…"

 

" Immm…"

 

" Thank you…"

 

Bomi said… Chorong is surprised but she smiles…

 

" No need to thank… We are family…"

 

" But unnie… now omma is gone… There is no reason for me to stay here… I have to go back to aunty…"

 

" What are you talking about!! "

 

Chorong cuts her off immediately…

 

" Yah, Yoon Bomi, Pabo-ah… Don't think stupid things… Your omma was too nice on me… She treated me as her own daughter… Now, it is my turn to take her place…"

 

Chorong said and she sighs… And she holds Bomi's hands and whispers…

 

" Bomi-ah, I know I can't replace omma's place but I will try my best… I will take care of you… I will be a good unnie for you… Okay? "

 

Chorong stares into Bomi's eyes… The younger girl's eyes are teary again and she runs into Chorong's embarrace again…

 

" This is the first time I heard something like this from someone not my omma… Gomowo Chorong unnie…"

 

Bomi said and Chorong smiles… She lightly pads Bomi's shaking back and said…

 

" Nae… From now on, you have me… You have your unnie… You are not alone… Remember this…"

 

Chorong can feel that Bomi nods…

 

" It is time to break down the walls, Bomi-ah…"

 

And Chorong tried to enter Bomi's life starting from that day…

 

 

 

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

 

Bomi becomes more and more open up to Chorong starting from that day… They become more closed but Bomi is still hestitating in some cases so Chorong has to be patient with her…

 

At least, they are not strangers anymore… Chorong thinks…

 

" Yah! Park Chorong! What are you thinking?? "

 

" Hmmm? "

 

Chorong is taken back to present time by Jimin's shout… 

 

" Our cutie is there! "

 

" Shut up, will ya? "

 

The three friends are amused with Chorong's reaction… Chorong picks up her things and said goodbye to her friends as she walks towards Bomi who is waiting for her not far from…

 

" Bomi-ah, let's go…"

 

" Nae…"

 

" How's today? "

 

" HeeHeeHee… Unnie~~~~ "

 

" What?? Too fishy…"

 

HeeHeeHee… Help me with my Maths…"

 

" Yah~~ Again??? "

 

" C'm on, unnie… This will be the last time… I promise! "

 

" You have said this many times already…"

 

" But you have to help your sister! Pleasseeeeeee… Unnie-ah~~~~"

 

" Whatever… Your ageyo doesn't work on me anymore…"

 

" Don't roll your eyes!!! !!! !!! "

 

Bomi being Bomi acts as all cute and childish making Chorong laughs… Finally, she gives up…

 

" Ok… Ok… Let's go home and eat ramen… And then, i'll help you…"

 

" Yayyyyyyy!! That's my unnie!!! "

 

" Pabo…"

 

Chorong whispers as she watches Bomi celebrating herself… This kid is really the best gift that God sent to her… Since Bomi came into, her life has changed upside down…

 

But she loves this… She enjoys staying with this kid… She enjoys the younger girl's presence… very much…