Fiction

Innocent Love

" Unnie-ah… I made the moss soup for you… Reheat it before you eat… Eat it though the taste is bad… or else, you will have a headache… I don't know why you drank a lot… But unnie-ah… cheer up, please… Bomi loves you… Have a good rest…"

 

Bomi re-read the note and she sticks it carefully on the fridge… Last night, Chorong came back home really late… Luhan has to carry the drunken Chorong but he didn't say a word to Bomi…

 

Bomi was worried what had happened to the older girl… But she has to go to school… So, she made the soup and wrote the note… She decides not to wake Chorong up as the older girl is in the horrible condition…

 

" Aigooo… Bad unnie… Why you drank too much? "

 

She is thinking about it all time on the way to school… When she arrives, she directly comes to the class but there is no Eunji…

 

" Good morning, unnie…"

 

" Morning… Where's Eunji? "

 

" I don't know… I thought you two will come together…"

 

Namjoo said and Bomi nods… She takes out her phone and dials to her best friend but the later doesn't pick it up…

 

" Moya… It's about to start the class… Where is she??? "

 

Though she is waiting, Eunji doesn't come to class… Bomi is worried for her friend as Eunji has never been absent without telling her…

 

When the class is over, she grabs all her things and walks out fast from the class to look for Eunji… She even ignores Namjoo who is asking her where she is going… One section of class is not as important as Eunji… 

 

Bomi thinks… She walks into the cafeteria and looks around…

 

" That girl! "

 

She spots the small girl sitting with another girl in the coffee shop… Bomi enters the shop and sits beside Eunji…

 

" Yah! Jung Eunji! "

 

" Ah… Bomi? How you come here? "

 

" With my own legs, silly…"

 

" No… I mean… What about class? "

 

" It's not important… Why you didn't answer me?? "

 

" You called???? Sorry… I have a guest…"

 

Eunji said and Bomi notices the girl in front… She smiles at Bomi but her eyes are saying opposite… They seem they are about to break down… Kinda sad…

 

" Hello… I'm Yoon Bomi… Eunji's friend…"

 

" Nae… Nice to meet you… I'm Hong Yookyung… Naeun's friend… You know Son Naeun, right?? "

 

" Ummm…"

 

" My girlfriend…"

 

Eunji whispers to save the clueless Bomi…

 

" Ahh… Yeah… I know… Nice to meet you, too… Yookyung-sshi…"

 

" Nae…"

 

Eunji leans on the chair and explains…

 

" Last night, Naeun told me that her friend is in a breakdown… And she asked me to give some advices as I'm an expert in relations…"

 

" I know, you cupid…"

 

Bomi whispers… Yes… Eunji is also known as a Cupid… She helps many couples to work out… That must be why she knows almost everyone at school…

 

" Immm… Naeun left not long ago… You missed her… I wanna introduce you two…"

 

" Yeah… Later… May be…"

 

Bomi said in unease as the 'girlfriend' thought is hitting her brain like Thor's hummer… A girl is dating another girl… And that's her best friend… Garrrrrr… She still can't process it yet…

 

" Aham…"

 

The Yookyung girl clears and the two best friends remember her presence… Eunji smiles and said…

 

" So, Yookyung-ah… What do you want from me?? What can I help you? "

 

" Nae… Like you have already known, my boyfriend is a son of a famous company… Last week, he has to go New York for their company's new branch… And we lost connection after that… I know he will be busy but I'm waiting for his call…"

 

" Why you didn't initiate the call? "

 

" Ahh… He will think I'm so into him…"

 

Yookyung quickly denies… Bomi tells the passing waitress to bring a coffee for her while listening to Yookyung silently… Eunji shakes her head…

 

" It's not like this, Yookyung-ah… You have to fight for him if you really love him…"

 

" But - "

 

" What if he is also waiting for your call? "

 

" Umm? "

 

Eunji's words make Yookyung speechless… She sighs…

 

" Whatever… He's the man… He should starts calling me…"

 

" Ahh… You are wrong… Love has no limit… No man… No woman… Just call him if you miss…"

 

" But what if he will ignore me?? "

 

" C'm on… Think positive…"

 

Eunji said and Yookyung seems she is unsure… But she grabs her phone and starts dialling…

 

Once

 

Twice

 

Sigh

 

" See… He is not answering… I know it from the start… He left me… He may be now seeing another girl…"

 

She said and tears start to fall down… Both Bomi and Eunji widen their eyes as they also didn't expect her to cry…

 

" Shhhh… Don't cry… Don't cry… May be he's busy…"

 

" No! I know… Though his parents know about us, what if they made him to meet another girl? May be their business partner's daughter???? He is leaving me… I know…"

 

" Calm down, Yookyung-ah… Even if this happens, you can think like he's not worth for you…"

 

" But I loved him… How he can break his promises easily???? I can't believe…"

 

Yookyung said in sobs… Eunji is talking non-stop to console the broken girl… Bomi is rubbing her neck as she doesn't know what to do… Huuu… This is why she hates relations… 

 

* Ring Ring Ring *

 

" Huh! "

 

At that time, Yookyung's phone suddenly rings… Her eyes go wide when she sees who is calling…

 

" Chagiya! "

 

She answers immediately… Eunji and Bomi look at each other in surprise…

 

" Whatever… I hate you… Why you didn't call me earlier?? "

 

" …………… "

 

" Molla… You are the man… You should start the call…"

 

" …………… "

 

" So, you are waiting for my call?? Geez… I can't believe it…"

 

Bomi is too surprised… How she can immediately smile widely though she is crying a minute ago…

 

" Wait… I'm with my friends… I'll call back in a minute…"

 

" …………… "

 

" Hmmmm… It's only a minute… Okay Okay… Immmm… Wait for me…"

 

" …………… "

 

" Nae… Love you too… I have many things to tell you… I'm missing you to death already…"

 

" …………… "

 

" Ahh… Moya~~~ Enough… I'll call back… Immm… Immm… Bye…"

 

Yookyung hangs up and she looks at them… Wow… She is blushing… Her face is red… 

 

" Gomowo Eunji unnie… You are right… Heeheehee…"

 

" I have told you…"

 

" Nae… Unnie, I'll treat you later… I have to call him back… Excuse me for now…"

 

" Go… Go… It's more important…"

 

Eunji said and Yookyung leaves the shop… Bomi can't believe how a girl's mood can change in a minute…

 

" Moya… What the hell! "

 

" HaHa… Yoon Bomi… This is called Power of Love…"

 

" Whatever…"

 

Bomi rolls her eyes… Eunji is typing a message to someone and Bomi peeks curiously…

 

" To Naeunnie? "

 

" Yeah… I need to inform her that my work is done…"

 

" Aigooo…"

 

" Don't make this face… You will understand how strong love is when you are in love too…"

 

" Whatever… I don't want to know… I don't want to have emotional nights…"

 

" Geez… Shut up and let me see how you will handle with your unnie and your fanboy…"

 

" They are nothing… She is unnie and he is friend…"

 

" That's all? "

 

" That's all…"

 

" Okay… Don't run to me when you are in trouble…"

 

" Pray, Jung…"

 

Eunji doesn't hear it as Naeun replies to her… She smiles widely as she is reading the text…

 

" How??? I mean how do you feel of - "

 

" Dating a girl? "

 

" Yeah…"

 

" Silly-ah… Dating a boy… Dating a girl… Whatever… This is just love… I mean love is only love… I admit most people find love based on lust… But my definition of love is different… Love doesn't need to have lust…"

 

Bomi keeps silent…

 

" Love is something that makes you happy… that makes you sad… that makes you having emotions… Don't you think it is strange for two people from different worlds to meet and to fall in love?? Two complete strangers meet in random, knows each other's weakness, understand each other, accept who you are and become one… It's amazing…"

 

Bomi is staring at Eunji… Just staring… Her brain is thinking about many things but she is not sure what the final result is… The only thing for sure is that she is confused…

 

" I'm glad I can help Yookyung… See… She is putting her pride first unnecessarily… If she called him earlier, there would be no problem… Sometimes, showing care first really works…"

 

Eunji grabs the coffee that the waitress brings just now and drinks it in one shot… She takes her bag and said…

 

" Get up, Yoon… I know I'm cool… Stop looking at me… Your eyeballs are about to plop out… We have to attend class… We can be in time for 3rd period…"

 

She said and leaves the cafeteria… Bomi sighs and she also follows her bestfriend…

 

But she doesn't know why… She suddenly remembers about Chorong who is left at home… Will she be okay?? 

 

Bomi gulps and looks at her phone… 

 

Should I call unnie???

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

xxx                                      xxx                                     xxx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Ahhhh… my head…"

 

Chorong gets up from the bed while rubbing her temples… Headache is killing her…

 

" I don't know why I drank too much… Like a loser…"

 

She whispers… But she remembers she is already a loser… She sighs and gets out from the bed… She enters the bathroom and washes her face… Nevertheless, the touch of cold water makes her fresh…

 

She comes to the kitchen after she has done all her morning stuffs… She is about to open the fridge when she sees a note…

 

" Unnie-ah… I made the moss soup for you… Reheat it before you eat… Eat it though the taste is bad… or else, you will have a headache… I don't know why you drank a lot… But unnie-ah… cheer up, please… Bomi loves you… Have a good rest…"

 

She smiles… She finds the soup on the stove…

 

" Aigoo… Silly girl… What if you hurt yourself? Kitchen things are not for you…"

 

Chorong whispers… She switches on the stove and heats the soup… She walks to the bedroom to look for her phone…

 

11:15AM

3 new messages

5 missed calls

 

" Ahh… I'm already late for school… Whatever…"

 

She thinks and opens the notifications… All messages and missed calls are from her friends… Chorong shakes her head…

 

" What I am expecting?? Aish…"

 

She replies to her friends not to worry… And she puts the soup in the bowl and starts eating…

 

Bomi's cooking skill is not that bad… It is edible… For Chorong, it is more sweet than sugar as it was made by Yoon Bomi… She eats all soup and does the washing…

 

" I'm all alone at home today…"

 

She whispers… She switches on the TV and watches random channels… She checks her phone numerous times as she is waiting for Bomi's call or message though she knows the younger girl will not send any…

 

Yoon Bomi… She will never look at me… 

 

Chorong thinks… At that time, the phone rings and Chorong answers it immediately…

 

" Hello? "

 

" Hey, Rong-ah… You okay? I'm worried for you…"

 

" Nae, oppa… I'm fine…"

 

" Yah… Moya… What is this weak voice? I can feel your disappointment…"

 

" It's not like this… I'm just… Having headache…"

 

" Really?? Are you alright?? Should I come over?? "

 

" No… No… No need… I'm fine…"

 

" Okay Okay… I'm just checking on you… You drank too much…"

 

" Thank you, oppa… If you didn't come last night, I don't know what would happen to me…"

 

" Nah… It's nothing… You should call me everytime you drink… You annoying little brat…"

 

" HeeHeeHee… Gomowo oppa… But I promise I'll not drink anymore…"

 

" Good to hear…"

 

" Nae…"

 

" Chorong-ah, if you are fine, I need to hang up… I'm busy…"

 

" Nae… Bye oppa… Have fun…"

 

" Fun what? Appa is here… Poor me…"

 

" Ha Ha… Whatever… Fighting oppa…"

 

" imm… Bye Chorong…"

 

He hangs up… Chorong smiles… At least, someone is worried about her… She spends the whole day watching TV… She is still checking her phone but no message from Bomi…

 

 

*  Beep  Beep  *

 

 

Chorong hears her phone vibrates… But she just ignores it…

 

After five minutes…

 

 

*  Beep  Beep  *

 

 

" Ahh… Who is it? "

 

Chorong takes her phone and opens the texts…

 

" From Bbom-ah

       Unnie-ahhhhh… I miss you… mwah mwah mwah <3 "

 

" Moya! "

 

Chorong widens her eyes… She quickly opens another text…

 

" From Bbom-ah

        No reply??? What are you doing?? I'm about to angry at you…"

 

" No No No… You can't…"

 

Chorong starts typing in a flash…

 

" To Bbom-ah

       I was going to bathroom… So I didn't see the message… Mianhae… Miss you too…"

 

Suddenly, her mood lights up… She sits up straight from lying down…

 

" From Bbom-ah

      Btw, what about my soup?? Did you eat it?? "

 

" To Bbom-ah

       It's jjang! I ate it all…"

 

" From Bbom-ah

      Really?? Omo Omo… I can die… Heeheehee…"

 

" To Bbom-ah

       Where are you?? When will you come back? "

 

Chorong waits for the reply… But Bomi didn't reply after this… Five minutes… Ten minutes… Chorong starts pouting…

 

" What the hell! She said she was going to angry as I didn't reply her immediately… Now she is ignoring me for 15minutes… Selfish pabo…"

 

" Who?? Me?? "

 

" Omo! "

 

" HeeHeeHee… I'm near home so I didn't reply… Mianhae unnie…"

 

Bomi shows her teeth as she enters the house… She throws the bag beside Chorong who is looking at her with round eyes…

 

" Aigooo… my unnie… come here…"

 

She said and pulls the older girl into a hug making Chorong flutters at the touch…

 

" Waeyo?? "

 

" Hmmm… Nothing… Just tired from school…"

 

Bomi said… She doesn't know how she is feeling… She really likes Chorong's presence in her life… She likes to hold Chorong in her arms…

 

But she doesn't think it is love… She is too much comfortable with the older girl… And this is enough for her… She doesn't want complicated things…

 

" Unnie…"

 

" Hmm? "

 

" What about headache? is it relieved? "

 

" Imm… I'm fine now…"

 

" Good…"

 

" But Bbom-ah… Won't you ask me what happened? "

 

" Hmmm… No need… I can understand you…"

 

" No, you can't… You will not understand me…"

 

Chorong whispers into Bomi's ear… She is hoping that the younger girl will not understand her losing-rhythemic-heart beats…

 

Bomi smiles…

 

" Nae… I will still understand you as in the way I don't understand…"

 

" Gomowo Bbom-ah…"

 

Chorong hides her tears in Bomi's hair… She knows this is wrong to feel touched by Bomi's words… She knows she will be hurt at the end if she continues like this…

 

But she can't run away from it… This is her fate…

 

I'll be still by your side no matter what… No matter how hurt it is for me…

 

She thinks…

 

" Unnie-ah…"

 

" Hmm "

 

" I don't know what is happening to you… But please be happy… I'm here for you… You are not alone… Okay? "

 

Bomi-ah, don't give wrong signals to me… Don't give me hopes… I don't want to expect anything from you… It is enough for me to stay by your side…

 

" Unnie-ah~~~ c'm on… cheer up… will ya??? "

 

" Ah… sorry… okay okay…"

 

" Good unnie…"

 

Bomi said in satisfaction… Chorong sighs as she knows she can't handle Bomi… Whatever the younger girl said, she can't say No…

 

Okay… Let me dream for now… Let me enjoy this dream… If I have to lose Bomi after this, don't wake me up… 

 

If my life is a fiction, let me stay in this fictional world… Where I can write the ending by myself…