Mercuryless Mirror

Innocent Love

* Morning alarm Ringing *

 

Bomi extends her arm to look for the phone… She doesn't open her eyes yet… She dismiss the alarm and stays in the bed for a few minutes…

 

" Immm… What did I do yesterday?? "

 

She thinks… All she did were spending time together with Chorong… 

 

" I don't know what I'm doing are right or wrong…"

 

She whispers… At that time, her phone rings…

 

" Who is it in the early morning?? "

 

Bomi thinks and answers the phone…

 

" Hello…"

 

" Yah! Yoon Bomi… I have something to ask you…"

 

" Hey, Jung… Please lower your voice, will ya? This is too early in the morning…"

 

" Okay Okay, sorry… But this is emergency…"

 

" What is it? "

 

" Your Jr… He is waiting in front of the shop…"

 

" What! "

 

" Yes… He has been waiting for an hour… He is asking me your number…"

 

Eunji has a part time job in a coffee shop… Bomi has no idea of how he finds out her work place… But she needs to do something…

 

" Alright… Alright… Tell him to wait there… I'll come to you…"

 

" Really?? "

 

" Yeah…"

 

" Okay… Then I'll tell him… Bye Yoon… C ya…"

 

" Imm… C ya…"

 

Bomi hangs up and sighs… She wants to try something…

 

Bomi enters the bathroom and she takes a quick shower… And after she has done preparing for the meeting, she comes down to the downstairs…

 

" Ah, Bbom-ah, come here… I have done breakfast for us…"

 

" Unnie, I have to go somewhere…"

 

" What? It's still early…"

 

" Yeah… But… I need to go… Bye unnie… Don't wait for me for lunch…"

 

Bomi said and she comes out from the house… Chorong follows her and calls her…

 

" Bbom-ah! "

 

" Nae? "

 

" Take the car…"

 

" It's okay…"

 

" Just take it…"

 

Chorong said and she gives the car key to Bomi… 

 

" Thanks unnie…"

 

" Take care…"

 

Bomi smiles and nods at her unnie before she drives the car off… The roads are still clear so she can reach there in thirty minutes…

 

Bomi comes out from the car and she enters the coffee shop… Eunji who sees her runs towards her and greets…

 

" Yah! What is taking you too long? "

 

" I'm driving as fast as I can… So, where is he? "

 

" There…"

 

Eunji points at a table where JinYoung is sitting alone and reading a book… Bomi smiles and she walks to the boy…

 

" Hey, Junior…"

 

" Noona! I have been waiting for you…"

 

" I know… Sorry, I'm late…"

 

" Nae, it's okay…"

 

He shyly replies and Bomi laughs…

 

" Wae noona? "

 

I haven't seen this cute boy for days… HaHa… Shy boy is too cute…

 

" Nothing…"

 

Bomi said… She peeks what he is reading and said…

 

" If you want to go somewhere, let's go… I'm free all day…"

 

" Really??? "

 

" Yeah…"

 

Bomi said as she raises her hand to show him her car key… 

 

" You drive or me? "

 

" I can't drive…"

 

" Hahahaha… Jr is really a Jr… Then, let's go… This noona will show you how to drive in the coolest way…"

 

Bomi said and he nods like a kid… The two leave the table and walk to the door… 

 

" Hey, Jung… We are going… I'll call you at night…"

 

" Okay…"

 

" Thank you, Eunji noona…"

 

" It's nothing, JinYoung-ah…"

 

" Bye…"

 

They said and come out from the shop… 

 

" So, what do you want to do? "

 

" Immmmmm… I don't know… I'm fine with everything if you are together with me…"

 

He said and Bomi smiles… She remembers the comic book he is reading and gets an idea…

 

" Do you like Star Wars?? Let's go watch it…"

 

" Movie? "

 

" Yep…"

 

" So, you are saying we will have a movie date?? "

 

He said with hopeful eyes and Bomi can't say no to him for sure… She laughs and nods…

 

" Of course… We will have a movie date…"

 

" HeeHeeHee… I'm so happy…"

 

" It's obvious…"

 

" Nae…"

 

He shyly said while rubbing the back of his neck… Bomi can't help but smile while watching his tomato face… This boy is really something…

 

They reach to the famous shopping mall and go to the floor in which the theatre is… Junior goes buy two tickets while Bomi is buying popcorn and cola… 

 

" Noona! "

 

He runs to her while waving his hand…

 

" Shall we enter now? It's about fifteen minutes to start the show…"

 

" Imm… Let's go…"

 

" Nae…"

 

The boy seems he is really excited… Bomi is watching his every moves and she is smiling secretly… He, acting weird, is funny yet cute…

 

" Junior… Eat some…"

 

" Nae… Thanks noona…"

 

They eat the popcorn together… He is avoiding not to touch her hand and Bomi laughs…

 

" Yah! Jr… If you continue watching my hand, you'll miss the movie… Stay comfortable, will ya?? "

 

" HeeHeeHee… Naee…"

 

" Pabo! "

 

Bomi scolds and he is just smiling widely… They enjoy the world famous movie together… But Junior can't really focus on the movie…

 

This is really a big chance for him and he can't off his eyes from Bomi… Bomi's eyebrows arch when she puts focus on something…

 

Her cute small mouth gets open a little everytime something amazes her… She frowns and drinks the cola angrily if some scenes disturb her…

 

So, in conclusion, if someone asks him about the movie plot, he can barely answer for 100%…

 

After the movie, they decide to have window shopping and spend the whole day at there… They also have the lunch together…

 

And finally, it is time to go home…

 

" Noona…"

 

" Hmm…"

 

" Thank you for today…"

 

" Ah, no need… I really had fun with you…"

 

" Really? What a relief! "

 

" Give me your phone…"

 

Bomi said and he gives the phone cluelessly… Bomi adds a contact in his contact list and gives the phone back to him…

 

" Here… Call me directly next time… Don't disturb Eunji…"

 

" Noona!!!!! "

 

He shouts and hugs her tightly… Bomi widens her eyes for his sudden action… He lets go of her and shyly said…

 

" Sorry… I was too happy and lost control…"

 

" Hmmm… It's okay… Haha…"

 

" Yes sir! "

 

He salutes her playfully… 

 

" So, Noona… I'm going…"

 

" Wait… I'll drive you…"

 

" No… No… Noona… I don't want to make you busy… Today is enough for me… I'll go by bus…"

 

" It's not like busy…"

 

" But it's really enough… Take care, noona…"

 

" Immm… Take care too… Bye…"

 

" Bye…"

 

The boy said and he starts walk away… He turns back and waves at her again…

 

" Aish… This kid…"

 

Bomi laughs and waves back… He smiles widely and jogs away, disappears from Bomi's sight…

 

Bomi comes to the parking lot and she drives back home… She doesn't know why but she feels comfortable with this kid… He can make her laugh in every way…

 

But, saying about love, she is not sure… She is too much comfortable with him and she doesn't know she can have romantic feeling to him…

 

What about Chorong?

 

" Ahhh… No… No… Unnie is Unnie… I can't… I don't know how I should face to appa and omma if I fall for unnie…"

 

Bomi sighs… Today, she chooses to meet Junior as she wants to make sure herself… She spent a lot time with Chorong and she thinks she enjoys to go out with Chorong…

 

She needs to prove that she enjoys dates with others too… This is not because of Chorong, this is because she likes to have fun…

 

Bomi doesn't know how she should handle with people… What if they know she and Chorong unnie are more than sisters?? What if appa finds out about it? How she should explain?? She doesn't know…

 

With Jr, he is a good kid… She likes to hang out with him… But it is just as a friend… She can't feel more… May be this is why she is too much comfortable with him…

 

Bomi is taking too much care about this… She can't make any mistake… She still isn't sure with her feelings but she can't tell it to anyone… 

 

Plus she also knows that if she does something wrong, she will give Chorong a heartbreak too… She doesn't want to hurt anyone…

 

And the worst thing is what if Chorong will leave her if she does a mistake again… This is a total nightmare for her…

 

" I'm scared… What should I do??? "

 

Bomi said in confusion…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

xxx                                     xxx                                     xxx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chorong is eating the lunch alone… Bomi said not to wait her so she has to eat alone… She enters into her room after she has done washing the dishes…

 

 

* Phone Ringing *

 

 

Chorong notices that it is Jimin who is calling her… She sighs and answers the phone…

 

" Hello? "

 

" Chorong-ah… Where is your Bomi? "

 

" Wae? She is not home…"

 

She hears Jimin sighs from the other line…

 

" Chorong-ah… Today, me and ChoA unnie is out for movie… And we saw something you should know…"

 

" Yah~ Moya~ You are making me worried! "

 

Chorong said… But her heartbeat becomes faster as she can guess what Jimin is about to say…

 

" We saw Bomi with a boy coming out from the cinema… They seem they are happy… And they even hugged in front of everyone…"

 

" What…"

 

" You can ask ChoA unnie if you don't believe me… We both think you should know so…"

 

" Ahh… it's ok… I believe you… Thank you, Jimin-ah…"

 

" You okay, Rong-ah…"

 

" Nae… I'll be…"

 

" Immm… Take care… Ahh… Irene said she wants to meet us tomorrow… Call her if you have time…"

 

" Okay Okay… Thanks again…"

 

" No problem, chingu… It's what chingus for…"

 

" Nae…"

 

" Then, c ya tomorrow…"

 

" C ya…"

 

Chorong hangs up and she sighs… So, Bomi is leaving in a rush to meet her Junior? Her world changes into a glommy one in a flash…

 

Bomi always put her in No.2… Sometimes, she has doubt that she is only a substitute for Bomi… Others come first before her… 

 

During these days, their relation becomes more and more stronger she thought… Bomi seems super close to her… That clingy girl who likes to lean on her… She thought they will be fine… They can be together in that way…

 

But it seems she was wrong… 

 

Bomi is being Bomi… She will never see her as a lover… She knows…

 

Bomi and that boy… 

 

They will start dating… They will spend more times together… They will go trips… They will argue, fight and make up… 

 

He will stay by her side when she needs… He will take care of her with caring words… He will make every password he has into her birthday… He will run towards her to carry her when she drinks… 

 

He will watch a movie together with her… He will take her out to the amusement and play with her as she likes to play like a kid… He will give his shoulder to lean on when she gets tired…

 

This happy story of Bomi has no Chorong… She will disapper in her life as if she wans't there from the start…

 

But I have done all these things for her too… Chorong thinks…

 

" But I'm… just… just a sister… She will never see my love…"

 

Chorong bitterly thinks… Tears start falling down… Chorong doesn't want to hide her tears anymore… She just let them to fall freely…

 

Yes… She was straight… Straight like a ruler… But she has met with Bomi, her life has ruined… It's not like she likes girls… She only likes Yoon Bomi…

 

Before she doesn't know, Yoon Bomi walks into her life without being invited… And she has stolen her heart without permission… Chorong has become different person because of Yoon Bomi…

 

She did many things like a fool… She got all teasing from her friends… She even had the courage to face the world if it is needed… She will never get regert of falling for Yoon Bomi…

 

But all she received back are ignorance and being substituted with oblivious attitudes… If life is a mirror, people said that it reflects… Do good and Good things come… 

 

What about her??? She gives all her love to Bomi… Why it doesn't reflect??? May be her mirror has no mercury or it is broken… It never reflects… She thinks about the unfair world and cries hard till she gets tired and falls asleep…

 

Her first love story is too hurt to handle with…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

xxx                                     xxx                                     xxx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chorong wakes up from her sleep… She has been dreaming about Bomi in the sleep… She doesn't remember the dream clearly but it seems they are happy in the dream…

 

This is not the first time she dreams about the younger girl… But all the dreams are just blurry things when she wakes up…

 

" It seems the fate doesn't let me happy even in the dream… Why I can't remember any happy memories of the dream?? "

 

Chorong whispers and she checks the clock… Ooh… It's seven in the evening… May be Bomi is home…

 

Chorong thinks and she comes out from the room… She enters the kitchen and sees Bomi making dinner…

 

" Bbom-ah… what are you doing?? "

 

" Ah, unnie, wake up? I saw you are sleeping so I made dinner for us…"

 

" Okay Okay… I'll do it…"

 

" It's okay… Go wait for me… It's almost done…"

 

Bomi said and she forces Chorong to sit at the table and wait… She carries the plates and eat their dinner together…

 

" Unnie, you know? I was at the cinema today with my friends… We watched Star wars… HeeHeeHee…"

 

" Awww…"

 

" Unnie, wae?? Something's wrong?? "

 

" No… Nothing… I'm full…"

 

" Nae…"

 

Bomi silently answers as Chorong leaves the dining room… Chorong was still a caring unnie till morning… What's wrong with her??? Bomi has no idea…

 

After she has done with the plates, she follows Chorong who is watching TV in the living room… She sits beside Chorong…

 

" Ooh! Animation! I love it! What is this movie? "

 

" Inside out…"

 

" Ahhh… It's quite famous… Namjoo told about it once…"

 

" Immm…"

 

Bomi peeks Chorong's straight face… Should I try once more??? She thinks… She dares herself to do it…

 

" Unnie, I wanna sleep…"

 

Bomi said and she removes Chorong's hand from her thigh… And she lies down on the floor and sleeps using Chorong's thigh as her pillow…

 

" Ahh… It's more comfortable… HeeHeeHee…"

 

Chorong freezes at Bomi's sudden gesture again… Why you have to do it to me, Bbom-ah?? Push and Pull… Push and Pull… Just clear the things up…

 

Chorong thinks… But she swallows the words in … 

 

" Bing Bong~~ Bing Bong~~ "

 

Bomi sings along with BingBong and Joy and she is enjoying the animation… Chorong stares at Bomi's innocent side face… He hand drags her like a magnet to Bomi's face and she starts caressing Bomi's hair lightly…

 

" Unnie…"

 

" Hmmm? "

 

" I think Joy is taking control im my head these days… My days become brighter… It feels good…"

 

Bomi said… She is really thankful to Chorong as the older girl has lightened up her days… Chorong took out her from the dark silent world she has been living…

 

But Chorong doesn't think like this… Waeyo?? You are trying to say that you are about to date?? Yeah… I know he can make you smile and happy…

 

" But I think Sadness and Fear is taking control of me…"

 

Chorong whispers… Bomi looks up her…

 

" Waeyo?? "

 

" Just… I feel in that way… HaHa…"

 

Chorong said… Bomi nods and she doesn't ask anymore… They continue watching the movie but they are not interested in it anymore…

 

Both of them are lost in their own thoughts… 

 

It seems like they are on two parallel lines… They need a bridge in between if they want to be together… If not, they will forever be walking on parallel lines…

 

Parallel lines which have no point of intersection…