Goodbye

Innocent Love

Bomi is in her class with her friends… She is not interested in what the professor is talking in front… She is only staring at her phone hoping that she will get any message or phone call from Chorong…

 

It has been a week since Chorong has disappeared… Bomi received a call from their appa that Chorong told him that she wanted to stay at a friend's house and don't worry about her…

 

Bomi had tried every possible way she can to find Chorong but she isn't lucky still… She doesn't know where Chorong is… The older girl is too good at hiding… She even doesn't come to school so Bomi doesn't know where to find her…

 

" Bomi-ah… Class' over…"

 

Eunji told her and Bomi is taken back to reality… She nods and grabs all her staff, put them in the bag… And without her two friends, Bomi walks to the cafeteria to meet certain persons…

 

" Unnies…"

 

" Aww… Bomi-ah…"

 

" How's today? Did Chorong unnie call you? "

 

Bomi asks… The three senior girls sigh but they don't answer… Bomi also sighs and falls on the chair weakly…

 

" Chorong unnie is too cruel… Where is she? Why she has to leave me like this? "

 

" Bomi-ah…"

 

Bomi blinks fast to prevent her tears… She tries to smile and gets up from the seat…

 

" I'm sorry, unnies…"

 

" It's okay…"

 

" Please call me if Chorong unnie makes contact with you… Please… I need to find her…"

 

" Don't worry… We will…"

 

" Thank you…"

 

Bomi walks away like a robot from them… Jimin, Irene and ChoA look at each other… They feel really sorry to see Bomi like this… And they also want to know where Park Chorong is hiding from everyone… Even they have tried every way they can, they can't still look for Chorong…

 

" Noona…"

 

Bomi stops when someone grabs her from her arm… He sighs and wipes her tears…

 

" You okay? "

 

" No… I'm not…"

 

Bomi whispers… He nods and pads her arm…

 

" I'll help you to find her… Don't worry, Noona…"

 

" Gomowo Jr…"

 

" But you need to eat something… I bet you don't eat well at home, right? "

 

Bomi smiles to his caring gesture… He brings the lunch for her and forces her to eat all… Bomi doesn't understand what is happening to her life…

 

She made that decision as she thinks it is the best for them… But it seems the outcome becomes worse… She never expects Chorong to leave like this…

 

After eating or let's say like after playing with the food, Jr walks Bomi towards her class… 

 

" Yoon Bomi…"

 

Suddenly, a man appears in front of them and he stops them…

 

" Luhan oppa…"

 

Bomi is surprised as she doesn't expect that Luhan will come and look for her… Jr is looking at him and her back and forth…

 

" You know him? "

 

" Yeah… What's the matter, oppa? "

 

" Can we talk for a few minutes? "

 

" Sure…"

 

Bomi agrees… Jr seems he doesn't like this idea of Bomi going with another man… He tries to grab her wrist and stops her but Bomi just smiles at him and said not to worry…

 

" Let's go… I'll not take long…"

 

Luhan leads Bomi to the garden… Bomi feels uneasy of the place as she remembers how she used to play with Chorong here…

 

" Yoon Bomi…"

 

Luhan looks at her with a straight face…

 

" Bomi-ah… What happened? Why Chorong? Why you are that cruel? "

 

" Oppa…"

 

" You know, she turned me down for you… She thinks a lot for you… Everything she did are just for you… Do you remember the day when I was waiting in front of your house and took Chorong with me? Let me say something…"

 

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan and Chorong are standing by the car at the Han river… Luhan is still angry with Chorong about last night…

 

" Chorong-ah… What have you done?? "

 

" Mianhae, oppa…"

 

" My father… He was angry a lot… What if he will not- "

 

" Will not what? Oppa… I'm not sure why you made me to meet your appa…"

 

" Because… "

 

Luhan dares himself to confess now… It's the time…

 

" Because I love you… I told him as you are my soon-to-be married girl…"

 

" What! "

 

" Chorong-ah… I was lying all the time… I was lying like I don't love you and I'm a playboy as I'm afraid of you will treat me as other boys who are after you…"

 

" Oppa…"

 

" Yes… I admit it… I love you since high school… That's why I came back to here… I'm here just to meet you…"

 

" But oppa… You know I can't love you back… I love someone else…"

 

" Just forget that stupid someone else! She is a girl for god sake, Chorong… Everyone will point at you for loving her…"

 

" I don't care, oppa…"

 

" And she will never love you back… She is straight! "

 

" I know! I know! I know! Okay? I know she will never love me back… I know it from the start… But when I notice, I went too far to turn back… Oppa… I'm madly in love with her…"

 

" ! C'm on! Chorong-ah… Wake up! You are making yourself hurt!!! "

 

" So what?? "

 

" Chorong-ah…"

 

" Oppa… Yes… I'm blaming on the fate… I'm hurt everday… I'm hurt everytime I think she will be someone's one day… I'm hurt everytime I think my love will never get returned… I'm hurt everytime all my tries for her go in vein… But… I still can't let her go… Because I can die if I stay away from her… I'm more hurt when I can't be by her side…"

 

" She is so lucky… You love her too much…"

 

" Yeah… But I think loving too much can become a toxin sometimes… I thought she will be scared of me if she finds out about it…"

 

" Chorong-ah… Just… Can't you just give me a chance? "

 

" Oppa… Whatever she does… Whatever she says… Whatever she decides… I don't care… I was born to love her…"

 

Chorong said and Luhan hangs down his head… He understands fully… Chorong will never choose him… All she wants is Yoon Bomi…

 

 

 

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

 

 

 

" So, Bomi-ah… Please make her happy… Will ya?? "

 

Luhan pleades… Bomi is looking at him with blank expression… She is processing what he just said… She has known unnie may love her but when she hears it with her ears, she needs to process…

 

" Chorong is going to UK tomorrow…"

 

" What! "

 

Luhan said and Bomi widens her eyes…

 

" She has a scholar from University of Cambridge… She decided to go… She has been preparing for it the whole week… And tomorrow is her deperture date…"

 

" Aish! "

 

Bomi doesn't know what to do… She wants to ask many questions but finally she asks only one…

 

" Where is unnie? Where is she? "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

xxx                                    xxx                                     xxx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bomi walks along the path… It is still the same… The cherry trees are blooming in their fullness with golden leaves under their legs… The fresh breeze brings the cold and snowy smell of December…

 

Bomi sees a figure sitting on the bench… She sighs and slowly walks towards her… 

 

Chorong is sitting on the bench while closing her eyes and listening to music… Bomi silently sits beside Chorong and Chorong notices the move beside her…

 

She opens the eyes and turns to Bomi's side…

 

" Huh! Bbom-ah…"

 

" Unnie…"

 

" Hello…"

 

Chorong seems surprised… But she smiles and greets… Bomi feels really hurt… That Hello… It's like they are strangers…

 

Yeah… May be they are strangers… They are not close anymore… 

 

Bomi wants to ask a lot but nothing comes out… Chorong inhales and leans back on the bench…

 

" I'll not ask are you okay or similar… It's obvious…"

 

" Unnie…"

 

" Bbom-ah… I have thought very well what you have said… Of course… You should date…"

 

Chorong cuts off Bomi… And she contines…

 

" But I'll leave… I don't want to see you and him doing lovey dovey things… It's awkward… Hahaha…"

 

" Unnie-ah…"

 

Chorong makes a fake laugh and Bomi wants to cry now… Chorong is also crying as her voice is start shaking…

 

" Don't worry for me… I'll go to UK tomorrow… They said it will be three or five years… I'm not sure…"

 

" Wae?? Do you really have to do like this?? Don't you think for me, unnie? "

 

" Think for you? Bbom-ah… I have thought for you a lot… Let me be selfish for this time… I want to stay away from you when you are with him… Don't want to be greedy… You can't have both at the same time…"

 

" Ahh… No… I didn't mean like this… Let's forget about everything… We can go back to our happy days…"

 

" No, Bomi… It's not easy… I have to go…"

 

" Whatever… You can go… But why?? Why you have to cut off contact with me?? Why?? "

 

" Why? Bomi-ah, it is too hurt for me… Ummmmm… You will fight with him of course… And you will run to me and tell me about him… I don't want to hear… You will be happy with your dates and you will definitely want to tell me about them… I don't want to hear…"

 

" Unnie… What are you talking?? I'm still not dating yet…"

 

" No… You will… One day…"

 

" It's not like this… I love you, unnie… Understand? "

 

Bomi shouts while she is crying really hard… Chorong smiles while crying… 

 

" Thank you for saying like this… But Bbom-ah, like you have said, we all are victims of fate… We need to follow its lead whether we want to or not…"

 

She looks at Bomi with tear-filled eyes… Bomi can still see the black crystals twinkling with tears… She misses looking into these warm black tunnels…

 

" I believe in forever but you didn't… I had many things to do with you but all you did were totally opposite to me… I want to be with you forever but you said you will be with me as far as you can…"

 

Chorong smiles beautifully…

 

" Now, I think it is the time as far as we can… I need to go…"

 

" Unnie-ah…"

 

" I love you a lot… You know it, right? "

 

Bomi nods like a kid… Chorong pads on her head…

 

" You have all grown up… You are not a kid… You are not my kid anymore… It is time to let you go…"

 

" Unnie-ah… you really can leave me like this?? Hmmmm?? "

 

Chorong looks at her hand… She takes off one of the two bracelets she is wearing and gives it to Bomi…

 

" Take it… It will be with you… Although I can't be with you anymore, this will be with you… If you need someone, it will give strength…"

 

Chorong said but she laughs…

 

" Haha… I'm silly again… What I am expecting? Aigooo… It's so depressing…"

 

She tries to laugh… Bomi can't stay strong now… She jumps towards Chorong and hugs her tight…

 

" Unnie-ah… I'll wait for you… Come back to me… Hmmm? "

 

" Don't cry… Don't cry, kid… Like you have said, I can't promise anything… We can't see the future…"

 

" Unnie-ah… Please stop…"

 

But Bomi moves more closer to her… She is crying on Chorong's shoulder and Chorong is padding her back to comfort while shedding tears silently…

 

" Unnie-ah… I love you… I really love you… A lot…"

 

" I believe… I love you too…"

 

Chorong whispers… 

 

" Unnie, tomorrow, I - "

 

" No need… I want to go alone…"

 

Bomi nods and cuddles more towards Chorong… She knows what Chorong means… She understands what Chorong is thinking… She knows how Chorong is feeling…

 

But everything is too late…

 

They sit on the bench hugging each other tight for the last time before saying goodbye…

 

She doesn't know when she can have a chance to meet Chorong again… A year? Three years or Five years later?? She is not sure…

 

This moment is the last for them… Both Chorong and Bomi know this…

 

It seems the Mother Nature knows their feeling too… She sheds the cherry leaves tears on them as they are making their last farewell…

 

 

It is always hard to say goodbye… 

 

 

 

And it is always more hard to say goodbye for ever…