Welcome to Cafe Prince

What Time Changes

After school was over Seungri quickly went to the Cafe Prince where he worked as a waiter. He was surprised that Top wasn't chasing him or anything. Top just silently sat at his desk and watched Seungri leave the classroom. For some reason Seungri felt a twinge of disappointment and grew angry at himself for feeling that way. Top was slowly entering his heart and Seungri didn't know what to do about it.

To take his mind off of Top, Seungri decided go work extra hard today. He put his waiter uniform on and put an extra big smile on his face for his customers, talking in the friendliest tone possible.

He noticed a man in sunglasses and a mask sitting alone at a table, waiting for someone to take his order and approaches him.

"Hello, Welcome to Cafe Prince, what can I get for you?" Seungri said nicely. Seungri couldn't see the man through the sunglasses and the mask but he could definitely tell that the man wasn't normal. (Sunglasses? Who wears sunglasses indoors? And what's with the mask? Mers is long gone in Korea now. There's only one mers patient left in Korea anyway. Or maybe he's a celebrity?) Seungri thought while waiting for the man to answer.

The man looked up at Seungri, "I would like to buy a smile from you."

Seungri almost threw up from the cheesiness of that line but smiled brightly anyway (he would lose his job if he threw up on a customer.)

"I smiled so is there anything else you would like?" Seungri asked trying to hide the irritation in his voice. He hated customers that wasted his time.

"Then can I buy some time with you?" The man answered seriously.

Seungri couldn't believe it. He was getting hit on by a customer during work. And worse, it was a man. Could this day get any worse? 

Seungri tried to keep his smile plastered on his face but it twitched a little from his annoyance. "No, sir, we do not sell that here and if you aren't willing to order anything from the MENU then I would like to politely ask you to leave and not disturb my work." Seungri said, still smiling.

The man chuckled and took off his sunglasses and mask to reveal two sharp dinosaur eyes and a smirk. "Well isn't that rude of you?"

Seungri gasped and glared at Top, "What are you doing here?" He asked angrily. He had enough of Top bothering him at school, he didn't want him bothering him at work too.

Top stood up from his seat and eyed Seungri from head to toe. "You look good in that uniform." Seungri looked down at his uniform and a blush arose on his face unknowingly.

"Leave Top if you aren't going to order anything and stop bothering me." Seungri pouted.

Top scoffed. "I don't know what you're talking about. I just needed some extra cash and the place I ended up applying for is Cafe Prince."

Seungri was about to yell something back at him when his boss began walking towards them. The boss patted Top's shoulder.

"I see you met Top already, Seungri. He's new here so I'm leaving you in charge of teaching him everything." The boss said cheerfully.

"B-but boss, don't you think we already have a lot of workers here?" Seungri pleaded. 

The boss just laughed. "Are you kidding? Look at this guy's face," he said pointing to Top, "This face will bring all of the female customers here! Isn't that right, Top?"

Top gave the boss a charismatic smile. "Sir yes sir!"

The boss laughed again, "Haha look at this handsome face! Even I might fall for him if I look at him too much!" He began walking back to his own office. "Also Seungri,make sure you don't fall for him! Hahaha" he laughed all the way to his office.

"I'm not going to!" Seungri yelled at his boss. Top looked at him with an "I totally win" look which made Seungri sigh. 

"Fine. Follow me." Seungri grabbed Top's arm and led him to the changing room. He handed him a new uniform identical to Seungri's but a size bigger.

"Change into this. It should fit you." 

Top took his shirt off and handed it to Seungri. Seungri blushed seeing Top's half body and Top grinned at him.

"You're blushing."

"What? No I'm not! I'm just mad at you for causing me more work."

"Is that so?" Seungri just nodded awkwardly looking at other places other than Top while clutching Top's shirt in his hands. Top finished putting his uniform on and Seungri finally relaxed.

He showed Top his new locker and stuffed his clothes in it. Then he led Top outside to show him the menu and what his job was.

"Take the orders and hand the order paper on the kitchen line. Make sure your handwriting isn't too messy so that people can actually read it. Also remember to always smile. Don't smirk. Smile." Seungri advised. "Questions?"

"I don't understand. What's the difference between a smirk and a smile?" Top asked.

"Well a smirk can seem.. unfriendly..as if you're looking down on the person your smirking at. A smile should seem kind," Seungri tried to explain.

"Show me."

Seungri sighed but demonstrated anyway. First he smiled brightly, and Top was surprised because he began to blush at Seungri's cute smile. However he was even more surprised when Seungri smirked because at that moment Seungri looked exactly like the Lee Seunghyun from 8 years ago: the bully that was always smirking and looking down on him. Top shivered a bit before shaking it off and frowned.

"I still don't get it."

"Well I've seen you smile and smirk before."

"Really? When have I smiled?"

"W-well there's the time you ruffled my hair on the rooftop. You were smiling then..other than that you're always smirking and looking down on me," Seungri said a bit sadly. Top noticed and grabbed his shoulders.

"Seungri, for me smirking is a habit. It's not because I'm looking down on you, okay?" Top asked looking into Seungri's eyes. Seungri nodded, surprised at the sincerity in Top's voice. 

Seungri quickly looked away and changed the subject, "You should practice your smiling."

"Yeah I think I got it now," Top answered with confidence.

"Alright then, show me." Seungri looked back at Top.

Top smiled brightly at Seungri and Seungri smiled right back at him.

"Good! You got it down!" Seungri laughed with his cute smile. Top's smile faded and turned around to look away from Seungri. He covered his mouth with his hand and felt his face burn red. After seeing Seungri always pouting or looking annoyed at him, he wasn't used to seeing Seungri's honest smile towards him. If Seungri kept smiling cutey towards him like that, Top was afraid he might kill Seungri with a death hug.

"What's wrong?" Seungri asked tapping Top's back. Top cleared his throat and regained his composure.

"Nothing."

"Great. Now get to work." Seungri flashed him a little smile before heading towards his own customers. 

Top shook his head trying to get rid of that stupid red blush that reformed again on his face before heading towards his own customers. 

Top and Seungri's work hours finally ended and the two were exhausted.

In the changing room Seungri kept fidgeting as he felt Top's eyes on him. Top stared at Seungri's half body and was surprised when he saw abs on Seungri's stomach. They weren't as impressive or prominent as Top's, but they were still there.

"S-stop staring already." Seungri whined. It was obvious Top's body was much more impressive and Seungri couldn't help but steal glances at Top. 

"I'll stop if you stop staring at me." Top chuckled.

Seungri went red. "I wasn't staring!" He huffed as he finished putting on his regular clothes.

"Sure you weren't," Top smirked while he also finished putting on his clothes. 

...............

The two said goodbye to their boss before heading they way home. They began to have a conversation on their way home and Seungri was surprised because...he actually had a good time with Top. 

"I have to turn this way," Top said in the middle of their conversation.

"Oh. I have to go the other way," Seungri said, disappointed that their talk would be over.

Top grinned, "Can I come over?"

"Wh-what?! Of course you can't!" Seungri yelled thinking of "those things" he had left lying in his room. If Top saw those Seungri would have killed himself.

Top sighed. "I know. I knew you wouldn't say y-"

"But!" Seungri couldn't believe he was going to say this. "But maybe next time..."

Top's eyes widened in surprise. He didn't think that defensive Seungri would actually say yes.

"Really?"

Seungri nodded. Top ruffled his hair and laughed.

"You promised so you better not say something else later."

Seungri looked up at him with a pout, "I won't, so stop messing up my hair!" He tried to get Top's hand off of his head. 

"Alright alright," Top stopped touching Seungri's hair.

"Well see you tomorrow then." Top grinned.

"Yeah see you tomorrow," Seungri smiled back as he watched Top quickly turn around and leave. As Seungri watched Top's back slowly disappear his smile never left him. He realized he liked Top much more than he thought he did.

...............

After a long walk home Seungri was tired and happy to see his house door until..... he saw someone waiting there, leaning on the door to his house.

The figure noticed him in the middle of the road a few feet away and began walking towards him.

Seungri gulped. 

"Ya Seungri! Do you know how long I've been waiting here?! Where the hell were you?!" Jiyong yelled as he continued to walk toward Seungri who was frozen on the road thinking ( why is this happening to me..)