Deserve It

What Time Changes

Top relaxed his muscles and stretched his arms. He walked out of the classroom while stepping past the unconscious bodies.

Kwon Jiyong messed with someone he shouldn't have and he was going to regret it. But for now, he needed to hurry and get to Seungri. There was no way Jiyong ordered the gang members to stop him for no reason. Jiyong must have done something to Seungri and tried to keep Top away using his lackies.

Top began running down the hall to hurry and get to Seungri when he saw a small figure walking towards him from the opposite side. 

Top grinned in relief and ran faster to greet Seungri.

"Seungri! Sorry I was late, did you wait lon-"

slap*

Top stopped and looked at Seungri, surprised at the powerful slap Seungri had given him on his cheek.

Seungri looked up at Top with a broken smile.

"Was it fun?" Seungri smiled crookedly.

"What?" He ignored the sting on his cheek.

Seungri laughed as tears fell down his face. He ignored the tears that were clouding his eyes and continued to smile.

"Was it satisfying to see me fall for you? To see the bully that once tortured you become so powerless toward you? To see me play right into your plan?"

Top's eyes widened. That Kwon Jiyong told Seungri. That sly bastard. 

"Seungri let me explai-"

"It must have been so amusing for you on the rooftop that day. When I told you everything about me and why I changed my name. About how I felt about how I bullied you. That must have been hilarious to you, huh?"

"That's not what I-"

"It's also funny how easily I fell for your lies, huh. Fell for your beautiful lies, fell for your charms, fell for your love. I guess I haven't changed at all since my first girlfriend. I guess I still trust people to easily."

"Seungri I'm sorry for not telling you the tru-"

"No don't apologize. I'm not mad at you. I deserve this after all. I deserve the same amount of pain I caused you so.. I won't blame you for anything. I'm sorry for slapping you, I guess you didn't deserve that at all, huh? It should be me getting slapped. I deserve it." Seungri laughed tearily as he began to slap himself hard on the cheek repeatedly.

"Seungri stop!" Top quickly stopped Seungri and grabbed his wrist to keep him from hurting himself. Then he pulled Seungri into his arms and hugged him tightly.

"NO STOP! LET GO!" Seungri screamed as he thrashed around violently, pushing Top away. Even Top couldn't keep his hold on Seungri and he succeeded in wrenching himself out of Top's arms.

Top tried to explain. "Listen to me Seungri! At first it really was for revenge, but then I-"

"Well congratulations Choi Seunghyun. You successfully got your revenge. You made me fall so deeply in love with you and now you have successfully broken my heart." Seungri continued to smile with tears covering his face.

"But please do me a favor. Never appear in front of me again. I don't think I can stop my feelings for you so it'll just ..it'll just hurt me more. I love you Top, no, Choi Seunghyun." Seungri sobbed and sniffled. He gave Top one last broken smile before turning around and walking away.

Top ran after him and grabbed Seungri's arm. "Just listen please!"

"Let go!" Seungri yelled as whipped his arm away from Top. "HAVEN'T YOU HURT ME ENOUGH? WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME? ARE YOU NOT SATISFIED? WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE JUST HIT ME OR KICK ME OR CALL ME NAMES, WHY? WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO AND DO THIS TO ME? WHY? WHY? WHY DID YOU DO IT?" Seungri cried and his purposeful smile finally faded and his face finally showed his true emotions.

Top was speechless. He had never seen a face so sad and broken.

Before he could answer, Seungri ran far away from him, out of the school building. 

Top stood there dumbly. Finally the tears he had been holding back dropped. One by one. He fell to his knees and clutched his heart. His heart felt like someone had taken a hammer and shattered it into a million different parts. It hurt so much that he couldn't breathe. 

He couldn't stop thinking of Seungri's broken face. The face that once smiled so cutely had now become so filled with hatred and sadness. It was Top's fault that Seungri turned out this way. 

 

"I love you too Seungri, no, Lee Seunghyun." Top whispered to the empty hallway.