There's No Way

What Time Changes

Seungri couldn't wait until school was over as he lazily painted random scribbles during art class. Top was taking music instead so their last classes were separate from each other. 

Daesung snickered from Seungri's shoulder "What the hell is that supposed to be?" He chuckled, pointing at Seungri's random scribbles.

"Hyung you know I only took this class because it's easy! So don't make fun of my art" Seungri pouted and tried to cover his art so that Daesung couldn't look.

"Alright alright I'm sorry." Daesung apologized. "By the way are you friends with Kwon Jiyong now?"

"Friends? I guess so."

"You know I went to visit Youngbae at the hospital yesterday. He's awake now."

Seungri almost dropped his paintbrush. "He's awake?!" Seungri couldn't believe that he almost forgot about his friend at the hospital. At first it was because he was scared of Jiyong that he didn't have the courage to visit him, but then after Jiyong and him became friends he didn't have time to visit him because he was too occupied with Top. Seungri felt like a horrible person.

"Yep. And we had this...talk." Daesung said carefully.

"About what?"

Daesung turned to look at Seungri with a serious face. Seungri was surprised. It was the first time his always smiling hyung looked so serious.

"Seungri. How do you feel about Kwon Jiyong?" 

"Honestly I was super scared of him at first but now I think he's a very nice hyung. He even helped me when I had a fever."

"So... a nice hyung...nothing more?"

Seungri nodded. "Why do you ask?" Seungri asked with concern in his eyes.

Daesung quickly covered up by smiling cheerfully, "Nothing, just curious," and continued to focus on his painting.

*flashback*

Daesung had gone to visit Youngbae who he became close friends with thanks to Seungri. He was surprised to see that Youngbae was awake and couldnt wait to tell Seungri.

"Hyung you're awake!" Daesung smiled widely as he sat on the chair next to Youngbae's hospital bed.

"Of course I am!" Youngbae smiled back. The two talked about how things had been and were laughing happily when Youngbae suddenly became serious. 

"Daesung, Jiyong came to see me a few hours ago."

Daesung tensed at the sound of that name. Kwon Jiyong, the bully that Seungri always told him about. The person that caused Seungri so much pain and caused this whole mess. He ccouldn't believe that kind Youngbae could ever be friends with someone like him.

"Yeah, so?"

"It seems he had a misunderstanding and thought Seungri was the one who did this to me. He didn't do anything harmful right?"

Daesung immediately remembered the conversation be and Seungri had on the rooftop that day.

"Seungri told me Jiyong was about to hit him before Top came in and interfered."

"Top? Oh...he must be the one Jiyong told me about."

"Yeah Top's a nice guy. He really cares for Seungri." Daesung grinned remembering how happy Seungri sounded whenever he talked about Top. He was a bit jealous that Seungri seemed to follow Top around more but he was glad that it was still him that Seungri talked to whenever he had problems.

Youngbae listened to Daesung ' s explanation of Top and his friendship with Seungri in confusion. It sounded a lot different from how Jiyong had described it.

"Here's the thing Daesung. Jiyong told me that he fell in love with Seungri. And he really looked like he meant it. I also think that Seungri with his gentle heart can really tame Jiyong and this relationship mighe be good for the both of them. I'm his best friend so... I want to support him but I can't right now. So Daesung...can you help Jiyong?" Youngbae pleaded.

Daesung clenched his fists in anger. How could Kwon Jiyong suddenly fall I  love with Seungri when he's been torturing him all this time. He even accused Seungri of hurting Youngbae without even thinking rationally! Daesung continued to remember all those times Seungri came crying to him,talking about this certain bully who just wouldn't leave him alone. And now that same bully was in love with Seungri? There was no way he would support this.

"Sorry hyung. I can't" Daesung muttered. 

"Daesung I know Jiyong has his bad side and short temper but he really seems to like Seungri so plea-"

"I said I can't and I won't! Do you know how much Seungri cried because of that jerk? His everyday at school was like living a nightmare because he never knew what Kwon Jiyong would do to him next! How do you expect for me to push Seungri into the arms of his nightmare? It doesn't matter if Jiyong likes him. There is no way Seungri returns those feelings." Daesung got up from his seat and turned to leave, not wanting to continue the conversation.

"But what if Seungri does? Jiyong told me that he and Seungri were closer now. He told me he would treat Seungri with gentleness and care, never let him shed a single tear. He told me he would make up for everything he had done to Seungri before by showing ten times more love."

Daesung stopped at the door. "He TOLD you. That doesn't mean he's going to do it." He continued out the door. That wasn't a very good way to end a conversation with a friend who was injured but Daesung couldn't control himself. 

Youngbae sighed and reached for the cup of water beside his bed. He couldn't wait until he could finally get out of the damn hospital and see what was really going on with his own eyes.

Who could he believe? Daesung or Jiyong?

_________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter >□< ill try to get a longer one done tomorrow!