Chapter 17: 'Summers Not Over' Showcase [August 25, 2017]

#Hashtag | YG Entertainment New Girl Group | STORY STARTING!

Four months since the release of 'Hot Summer' the girls were finally back with their album and song and were excited for the release. Especially since their new song once again hit America music charts as well as other countries by placing number one on multiple of them. The album alone got to the top of the Gaon Album Charts, as well as placing #1 on the Billboard's World Albums charts. Also with that, breaking the record for having the most #1's for a South Korean girl group on the chart. The other songs in the album also placed on the music charts; 'You Better Know' at 14, 'Zoo' at 24, 'Happiness' at 4, and 'Dumb Dumb' (Dance Break Remix) at 27! What could get more exciting then that? 

With the showcase they are official starting promotions!

The girls were prepping backstage before their showcase and of course their nervous. Despite their album doing well when its only a day old there were probably high expectations for the girls new song. Sey was warming up her voice since it was early in the morning since most of the songs they would performing today would have high notes and she wanted to make sure she didn't crack on any of them. Hana went behind Sey and looked at Sey's notes on their music and asked, "Unnie, what does this say?" referring to the notes that Hana didn't understand. Sey looked at her, "Notes for me to remember when to hit high notes and how high to hit them. You should practice before we go on stage." Hana was about to say something else but Hyunji called for her, "Hana-ah, leave Sey unnie alone for now and come here." shhe waved her hand over and Hana went over to Hyunji. Sey sighed in relief and went back to practicing.

N-Yu was texting her older brother Aron who was promoting as NU'EST W. Aron wanted to come to #Hashtag's showcase but unfortunately had to go a music program at the same time as #Hashtag's shwocase. N-Yu turned to Ahri who was next to her, "Unnie is YG-him coming to the showcase?"

Ahri looked at N-Yu, "I'm not sure. He said he'll try. Hyunji-unnie what about Sungmin oppa?" she turned to Hyunji who was now practicing with Hana. Sungmin, a former member of SPEED has been dating Hyunji since October 2014 and their relationship has been stable and growing. Hyunji nodded, "Sungmin oppa said he should be coming by soon." 

Just as they finished speaking the door to their room opened and came in YG himself! The girls immediately stood up at their boss entering the room and bowed fully. But he waved his hand, "Be comfortable.", with that Ahri grinned and hugged YG, "Appa!". Yang Hyun Suk had the same grin as Ahri and hugged her back. The other members smiled at this sweet moment between father (step) and daughter. They let go after a few seconds but the grins on their faces never disappeared. YG then looked at all the girls and said, "I believe this showcase and this album will be a great success." the girls bowed and thanked him. 

Just then someone knocked on the door, they all turned and it was Sungmin. He bowed to everyone in the room, but more lower to YG. Hyunji went to hug him and he hugged her back. Sungmin brought flowers for all the girls, roses to be exact. He handed the roses to all the girls and said, "I hope you girls are successful in these promotions." Hana was in awe in the amount of roses for each member, "Thank you Sungmin oppa" she smiled wide.

With that the girls were heading for their 'Summers Not Over' showcase. They first started with 'Happiness'.

After they finished their 'Happiness' performance the girls sat down with their fans cheering for them loudly. Yoo Byungjae (a comedian under YG Entertainment) was the MC for the showcase event. Byungjae started the showcase, "Yes today #Hashtag is here pleas greet your fans and reporters."

Hyunji started the introduction, "Hello-", and the others joined her, "-We are #Hashtag" they all bowed. Byungjae started asking questions, "You girls are back with 'Red Flavor'. Can you explain the album a bit?" Hyunji being leader explained the song and album, "'Red Flavor' has a summer and a tropical vibe to it. Even with our whole album titled 'Summers Not Over', we wanted to show that summer was not over despite August coming to an end soon. Are other songs have that same feeling of summer; we tried to incorporate tropical and EDM for the most part. And for us this is something new so we hope our fans enjoy our whole album."

He the asked, "For 'Happiness' the song you just performed, what is the message behind that?" Sey answered, "The song implies that no matter who you are you should be happy and not worry about things like money because that doesn't really bring happiness to you. And no matter who you are, just by being yourself you can shine and bring happiness to people around you."

Byungjae, "Alright also with 'Red Flavor', N-Yu-sshi wrote the rap. How did that come to be?" N-Yu became shy, "When we were discussing what our comeback song would be 'Red Flavor' was on the list but it had no rap, just the music. At first we were going to have just a dance break there but I spoke out to YG PD-nim that I wanted to try and write a rap part in that section. So he let me and of course I was worried but he ended up liking it and that's who it came to be apart of 'Red Flavor'."

The girls ended their interview after a few more questions, then performed 'You Better Know' and 'Red Flavor'' to close the showcase.