Chapter 1: This Is Where It Begins

#Hashtag | YG Entertainment New Girl Group | STORY STARTING!

Before #Hashtag was even #Hashtag, the members were all trainees and fighting to debut as any other trainee. But in the middle of 2014, five of those girls got the best news of their life.

Back in 2014...

While all the trainees were practicing five girls were called to the YG staff; Joo Se Young, Kang Gi Hyun, Lee Ha Na, Park Yeon Ha, and Kwak Yu Na. And while some of the girls were called on by YG staff, but not always for good things but some things are; monthly evaluations, they were going to kick someone out of the trainee system (which was rare), or they'll be picked for the new group (which was also rare). So when all five got called together it made them nervous because those three options went through all their heads.

Since Seyoung was the oldest the other trainees let her knock on the door, "Hello?" then a woman in the room said, "Come in." the girls entered and they all bowed to the staff in respect, hoping they didn't do anything wrong. The staff woman that called the girls in read had all five girls profiles out, she looked at them with a serious face and said, "You girls as all the other trainees have worked hard and by selecting carefully of all the trainees we have, we sometimes have to drop and add trainees you know that right?"

They all nodded waiting for whatever she had to say to just come out. But she went on, "Plus you five have generally worked together for a while now, like your a team already.. Isn't that right?" they all nodded again. Gihyun stepped up and said, "May I speak madam?" 

The lady looked at her but put her hand out for Gihyun to continue. She bowed slightly and said, "I want to say the reason why we work together as a unit and separate from the other trainees." she had a confident look. Another woman staff asked, "And why is that reason?"

Gihyun looked at her and then the other trainees and then back at the staff and said, "We knew from the very start it would be risky to spend time together, form bonds because we could get dropped out in a instant. But I think since we entered YG Entertainment and trained alongside each other all these years we decided if we wanted to debut and fix our flaws we would need to help each other as well. Its a benfit but also risk factor we all decided to do." she ended it on that note. The staff that asked Gihyun that question pointed out, "But trainees Joo Seyoung and Lee Hana entered later than the rest of you. Why add them to the group?" (Yeonhe trained secretly under YG Entertainment for 2 years, as she wasn't adopted yet. And 3 years were under legal consent. But total years are 5.).

Both Seyoung and Hana looked at each other, as they stood by each other. They said nothing but Gihyun was ready and said, "Because like me, Yeonha, and Yuna; they all agreed to help one another to achieve our goal. And that is debuting!"

The first staff woman asked, "And you girls never offered to other trainees to join your little group?"

Seyoung stepped up next to Gyujin and said, "Gyujin offered to some of the trainees, as well as Yuna here. But they all refused our offer to help each other because of that risk of getting dropped out."

The woman looked at Yuna, "Kwak Yuna-ssi." Yuna looked at them, "Y-Yes madam." she bowed after. The lady asked, "Did you ask any trainees?" Yuna nodded and responded with, "I did madam. I ask my friends but they refused for the reasons Seyoung unnie said."

She didn't ask anymore and left it at that. A man this time who only listened looked towards Hana, "Miss Lee Hana?" Hana stepped forward after Seyoung and Gihyun stepped back. He asked, "You were a trainee under SM Entertainment correct?" she nodded. He then followed up with, "Then why did you drop after 7 years? You could have debuted with Red Velvet if you stayed?"

Hana looked confident in what she wanted to say, but also regretful in some way. But Hana said calmly, "Well as my profile says, I was actually preparing to debut in a group even before Red Velvet sunbaes were formed. But one trainee left after so long and not just me, but the other trainees felt betrayed. So I left and came to YG Entertainment." he didn't say but looked at the other staff members if they had anymore questions.

The very first staff woman then motioned Hana to step back and for Yeonha to step forward. She looked at Yeonha's profile and said, "So Yeonha-ssi, you were adopted by Yang Hyun Suk himself and entered YG. Do you think you can debut just because you got adpoted?"

Yeonha shook her head and said, "Many trainees glare at me because of that reason and think I'll debut right away. But I know as any other trainee that I have to work hard in order to debut. But for me, training under YG Entertainment made sense to me. And besides-." she looked at the other girls and then back, "-, these girls are the only owns that actually treated me for me and nothing more or less then that."

The staff members looked at each other and talked in whispers to each other. While they were doing that Yeonha stepped back with the other girls. The main (first) staff woman looked at the five girls in first of her and said, "Well I'm happy to announce for you girls, out of the trainees we have you five were picked by us and Yang Hyun Suk to become apart of the new girl group under YG that'll debut in the future."

At first those words never processed through right away, but Yuna looked and asked, "Were part of the new group? All five of us?" she nodded and said, "Yes Yuna, all five of you girls pass and will train to become the new YG group. But one condition is that you can't tell the other trainees until we announce ourselves."

The male staff then said, "You'll train separately from the other trainees from now on and will not a thing, understand?" all five nodded. Gihyun nodded and said, "We understand sir."

He then faced Gihyun and said, "We also decided from the five of you that Gihyun would be best for leadership position. What do you say Gihyun-ssi?"

Gihyun pointed to herself, "Me sir?" he nodded. He then said, "We think that you have the best leadership qualities for this new girl group and you proved that just now to." Gihyun looked at her fellow trainees, soon to be members. They all smiled and nodded that they agreed and Gihyun turns towards them, "I accept the leadership offer." she bowed. The second female staff then said, "Congratulations girls. You'll get more information soon, you may leave now." they all bowed and exited the room. As said as they all exited the room and closed the door they all hugged and smiled (like the gif). They couldn't believe they'll debut so soon after training for very long.