Merry Christmas!!

YongSeo one-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Come on Hyun, tell me please. What do you want for Christmas?" he asks. I smile beamingly at his persistence. It is currently the 20th of December and he has been asking me since the month before.

 

"Like I told you, I don't really care about what you buy me. It would be better if you don't buy me anything actually" I say going closer to him as I put my arms around his neck. "You're here. My family will be coming over on the 24th as well as yours. Our close friends are also invited. I have all I want." I say as I give him a peck on the lips and continue cooking scrambled eggs for our breakfast.

 

"But it's Christmas. Everyone expects at least something." Yonghwa says embracing my waist as I feel his presence against my back. He rests his head on my left shoulder as he continues to talk. "Please. Please. Tell me at least something. No matter how little it is." He says and kisses my cheek. I smile at him once more as I rotate myself so I am facing him upfront.

 

"Hmm" I say as I look at the ceiling to think. His eyes showed pure anticipation. "I want you to stop asking" I say with chuckle as I turn off the stove. He glared at me and then started tickling me. I ran away from the kitchen towards the living room where our decorated Christmas tree is up. He continued tickling me and I accepted defeat. "Ahaha okay haha I'll tell you! Haha" I say between laughters and he stops.

 

"What is it" he speaks as he was a little out of breath.

 

"I want a necklace. Like that one you gave to me during we got married." I say. I don't know but I just liked that he gave me a pair. One for me and one for my mom. "But this time, I want couple necklaces. One for you and one for me" I continue. I've always wanted to wear those. Like Taylor Swift's and Harry Style's airplane necklaces. I know they've broken up but I just loved the idea that they were connected with that small accessory. It just feels symbolic in a way.

 

"Alright." His smile is very wide. He's like a child who is excited to get a new toy. Or a student who has finally graduated from university. I can't pinpoint it exactly but there seems to be something else he is planning.

 

*Ding Dong*

 

My thoughts were disrupted by the ringing of our doorbell. I looked at Yonghwa with furrowed eyebrows inquiring if he was expecting someone. He shrugs and then both of us simultaneously goes for the door. I was met with an immediate hug as I opened the door. My eyes widen in surprise.

 

"Mom! Dad! You guys are early!" I say as I pull myself separating us from the hug. "You said you have somewhere else to be" they told me on the phone just yesterday.

 

"Oh yeah that got cancelled. Aren't you happy we're here?" I moved out of the way so they could go in.

 

"Of course I am. Come in! I cooked scrambled eggs. Let's eat" I helped my parents with their luggages as they stomp their feet on the floornat to remove the snow gathered by their boots.

 

"Oh yeah. I'm hungry" My dad states as I chuckle. He always has a big appetite.

 

"We just ate for goodness sakes" My mom slaps my dad's shoulder as he hisses in fake 'pain'. I laugh at their cute 'argument' for the lack of word and lead them to the kitchen.

 

"So sweetie, I noticed you are still not finished with the decorations. Can I help?" my mom suggests as I smiled sincerely and sigh in relief. I need all the help I can get.

 

"Of course. But only the easier part. You need to rest. You've just gone back from the hospital" I say as I take my fork and scoop up a portion of my egg.

 

"I can do the baking. You and Yonghwa at anything that involves the kitchen" my mom insults as I just gave an awkward laugh since it is true.

 

"Hey, I just cooked the egg you're eating right now" I tried to argue but I knew I shouldn't have said that.

 

"Honey, it's very salty" my dad interferes and I just glare at him like a child. My mom and Yonghwa laughs at my what my dad says and I tried to engrave this happiest moment in my life in my most treasured memory.

 

Yonghwa's POV

 

This morning, I woke up feeling more tired than usual but I still managed to get up. It's Christmas eve and I can't wait to show Seohyun my biggest gift. Our friends are coming over today to help me prepare everything. I got up noticing the emptiness beside me and assumed Seohyun is already up. She's usually up before I am but sometimes she will stay here until I'm awake. I stood up and noticed a piece of paper on the bedside table.

 

"Got up early to go grocery shopping with omma~ Don't worry I'll buy your favorite chips ;) I love you ♡ -Hyun~"

 

"I love you too. So much." I mumble to myself and I felt embarrassed just saying it out loud without Seohyun being there to actually hear it. I slapped my cheeks lightly to wake myself up and started getting ready.

 

"Yonghwa" I turned around swiftly at the sound of Seohyun's father's voice. He has this usual welcoming smile on his face as I smile as well. "Everyone's gathered downstairs. We just need to know how the plan goes" He says as I walked slowly to get all of my nerves calmed down. I didn't realize I stopped breathing for almost a minute until he tapped my shoulders. "Breathe Yonghwa. I know how terrifying it is to give her the best proposal again, after the first one. At least you know what her answer will be this time" he says and decended downstairs as I follow. As I did, I took a really deep breath.

 

"Alright everyone! Let's get to work!"

 

Seohyun's POV

 

Mom took me shopping everywhere. I didn't even realize it's almost ten at night already. I bet Yonghwa is having fun with everyone right now.

 

I drove swiftly towards the garage and I quickly took out everything we bought today. Yonghwa came out soon after to help me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter