80/20

YongSeo one-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

80/20. What does it mean? Well, these past few weeks taught me what it really means in terms of relationships. I was never one for showing public displays of affection. In fact, I tend to avoid it. I know I should be used to the public's attention on anything I do but I always knew I have to keep my private life, well… private. 
What 80/20 means in a relationship is that you only get 80% of what you want from your partner. The remainder 20% is what they cannot or will not give you. And in a healthy relationship, the 80% is actually good enough. But what happens when your partner finds that 20% from someone else?
4 weeks before Valentine's day
“Seohyun, let's go to Jeju for valentine's day! I told my manager not to schedule anything since I know it's your day off.” Yonghwa suggests as he looks for flights to Jeju island on his computer. Seohyun is packing up her bag for everything she needs for her commercial shoot later today.
“Oppa, you know we can't go out during the holiday seasons. There will be a lot of people there. How about we just stay at my apartment for valentine's day this year?” Seohyun pleads as she closes her bag, sets it up by the door and looks at Yonghwa. 
“But we did that last year too. Come on Hyun, I want this year to be special. Or at least more special than our previous valentines" Yonghwa states. He gets up from his chair and closes his laptop. He walks toward Seohyun and puts his hands on her waist. “Please?” 
“but-" Seohyun was interrupted by her phone ringing. She picks it up from the counter and answers the call. “Yes?” she says. Yonghwa heard someone's voice from the other line and deduces that it is her manager. “Okay.” Seohyun hangs up and looks at Yonghwa. “Look oppa, can we talk about this some other time? My manager is here, and apparently the shoot got the timing wrong and I have to be there as soon as possible.” Seohyun grabs her things and leaves her apartment without even saying goodbye.
Yes, I know. I should have at least said goodbye. But we have been in a relationship for so long that I just got comfortable. Too comfortable I guess. There were moments of boredom of course but I still love him as much as the first day. And yes, though I still can't give him the 20%, I still do give him my 80%.
3 weeks before Valentine's day
“Oppa I am so sorry about how I left things last week. I was just so busy and with everything going on with my new drama, I just want to—” Seohyun stops her train of thought. “You know what, it doesn't matter. All I want right now is to make it up to you.” Seohyun states as she cuddles up next to Yonghwa on the couch as he watches TV. 
“It's fine. I know how much you hate scandals. If you just want to stay here then we will. After all, all I want to do on Valentine's day is spend it with you.” Yonghwa says as he gives Seohyun a squeeze.
“Thanks oppa. But I meant what I said. I want to make it up to you. What do you want to do today? I'm all yours.” Seohyun says.
“Hmmm.” Yonghwa gave a teasing smile and lifts one of his eyebrows high.
“What were you thinking? You ert!” Seohyun laughs and smacks Yonghwa's arm.
“What? I just wanted a kiss!” He says. “What were you thinking? You ert!” Yonghwa adds and smacks Seohyun's arm lightly.
“Nothing!” Seohyun blushes and then gives Yonghwa a slow yet passionate kiss. Yonghwa closes his eyes and savored every taste. “Is that everything you wanted?” Seohyun asks.
“Hell yes.” Yonghwa smiles sweetly. “But I also want a cooked meal and a massage.”he teases. Seohyun’s nose flared but she got up anyway. 
“Alright wait here. I'll just cook a quick meal. You'll get the massage later" Seohyun gave a suggestive smile and Yonghwa follows her. He hugs her from behind as she looks into the fridge to see what she can cook.
“Thanks Hyun" he says and gives her a peck on the cheek.
“Oh that reminds me, you have to take your second dose of your throat medicine now. It's on the top shelf. I also ironed your clothes for your concert tomorrow. And I pack

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter