Stranded

YongSeo one-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We would like to recommend every one to stay at home or drive slower than usual today as the weather is getting worse and worse” Seohyun switches the radio channel and stops when she hears a song. 

“Ugh, why didn't they cancel the shooting today? I'm already an hour late.” She complains as she taps impatiently on her steering wheel. She sees the car in front of her slowly accelerating so she does as well, unfortunately the car in front stops again and she does as well. Her phone rang right when she stopped and sees the director's name. 
“Hello director Lee. I'm so sorry but I really am going to be late. I'm only a few blocks away but the traffic and the weather is worse than this morning” Seohyun apologizes but in her head, she hopes that the shooting gets cancelled so she can just cozy up at home. 
“We heard. You don't have to come to the shooting today, we already wrapped up since the weather is also affecting our filming.” The director says on the line. It was obvious that he was outside based on the strong wind Seohyun is hearing. 
“Alright, thank you for notifying me. I'll just head home for now then.” She hangs up and takes a right turn to her house. She was fortunate enough not to miss her turn since that's the only way to her house right now. Roads are closing down as we speak. 

Seohyun was heading towards the elevator from the parking lot when she spots someone familiar inside his car and he seems to be sleeping there. She knocks on the window and the guy jumps up. He rolls down the window slowly and Seohyun smiles. 
“Yong oppa what are you doing there?” she asks and she sees some boxes on the passenger seats. 
“Oh umm. Today was supposed to be my deployment but they postponed it because the roads are closed right now and there's no way of getting to the camps. Since I also thought I would be leaving today, I already cleared out my apartment and someone is already living there so now I have nowhere to go. My bandmates’ apartments are too far, and I can’t really get anywhere since they closed down most roads.” Seohyun nods. She knows it is going to be a struggle to even leave the parking lot. She almost didn't make it herself. 
“Well, you're welcome to come to my apartment.” Seohyun blurts out. It’s been 8 years since they broke up but they remained friends. It still made Seohyun's heart skip a beat nonetheless. ‘What was I thinking?!’ She whispers to herself 
“You know I would decline on normal circumstances but my car is kind of too cramped right now, I can already feel my muscles strain and it's only been a few minutes.” Yonghwa says as he gets out of the car and takes his blanket with him. 
“And it seems it was cold too” Seohyun laughs as she begins to walk towards the elevators 
“It was. I really appreciate this Seohyun.” Yonghwa says as they step inside the elevator. Seohyun presses 6. 
“No worries. it's not like we're strangers.” Seohyun states which made their situation awkward. It was a silent walk to Seohyun's apartment. 
Seohyun opens her door and lets Yonghwa in. “make yourself at home. It's probably the same set up as your apartment so you know where to find things.” She says as she heads towards her bed. The apartment is meant for a single person so the “bedroom” is out in the open. The only door inside the apartment is for the washroom. Yonghwa heads straight for the couch and Seohyun hands him a pillow. He puts it behind his head and he immediately caught a whiff of Seohyun's smell. He sits up straight and looks at Seohyun who was in the middle of removing her makeup. 
“Hyun, should we watch a movie?” Seohyun looks at him through the mirror with confusion. “For old time's sake. We always used to watch so many until we fall asleep. I'm getting deployed soon so humor me please?” he adds. 
“Sure. Go on netflix and choose something. Let me just finish removing my makeup” She smiles and Yonghwa smiles back. 
“I'll make us something to eat.” He opens netflix and goes to the kitchen 
“There's some popcorn in the cupboard, just put it in the microwave. I have soju too if u want.” Seohyun goes to the couch and starts choosing a movie. “Which movie do you want?” she asks. 
“Wait, hold on, you, SeoJoohyun, actually has soju in her fridge?” Yonghwa asks with amusement in his eyes. 
“Oppa, I'm already in my late twenties. What do you think I would have?” Seohyun laughs. “Hurry and choose a movie. I think I picked the last one 8 years ago so now it’s your turn.” She comments. She meant that as a joke initially but both of them are not laughing. It was like she is intentionally putting salt on their wounds. 
“Alright. Alright. Calm down. I have the popcorn and here's the soju.” He says putting a bowl of popcorn in front of them and a few bottles of soju and some beer. 
“Oh? I don't remember getting beer?” She said as she suspiciously eyes Yonghwa. 
“Haha, I was going to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter