Love is painful---ly unexpected

YongSeo one-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Contains mature content. Read at you own risk

To most people high school is the most unforgettable experience of their life, to some, it's the most regrettable, and to the least percentage, it is the most painful years of their whole lifetime. I would probably say it was a painful memory for me before but I can say now that it is the most unforgettable experience of my whole existence.

 

First month of High school.

 

"Hey Seohyun, how was your weekend?" Sooyoung asks. Art class is my last period and it's been the best class. I'm new to town so I had no friends to start with. Sooyoung is my first friend and we have been hanging out since day one. I can't even imagine how I'll be able to survive high school without her. She has been friends with Yuri way before they even started talking. Their mothers are best friends and now they are too. They consider each other sisters.

 

"It was a productive weekend actually. I finished all my projects and homework on time so I didn't have to ask my teachers to extend the due date." I smiled as I scribble an eye on my paper. Our teacher told us to draw the one thing we almost always draw. I didn't know what I should do at first but when I looked at my sketchbook, I saw a lot of eyes. As I was busy perfecting the shading of the iris, a student knocked on the door and everyone's heads looked to that direction. We saw the most popular guy in all of the freshmen Minhyuk. He has this usual smile of his that melted everyone's heart. I never told anyone but I liked him after I got to know him through my brother Jonghyun. My brother is the judo team's MVP. He also made a band right after his friends got the idea of making one. My brother can play every instrument so he didn't really care what instrument he would play. Now that Minhyuk is in the band, he became more popular throughout the school.

 

"Sorry to interrupt Ms. Lee. I just bought Yuri some snacks." Yuri and him started dating last week. I admit, I couldn't keep the smile on my face as they hang out in our living room with happy faces. I gritted my teeth as he came closer and closer to her. I wanted to hate her but she is the nicest girl in the world. I swear she doesn't have any imperfections in her body.

 

"Thanks" she silently whispers. He kisses her cheeks and whispered a "you're welcome" he winked at her and then left. I felt my grip on my pencil tighten and my shading darken, so much that I almost ruined the eye. I stopped and breathed in and out to calm myself down.

 

Art class finished rather too long this time and I felt like I would die just staying there for a little longer. I didn't wait for Sooyoung and just went home without saying good bye to anyone. I reached home seeing the whole band and their partners having fun playing cards against humanity. Yonghwa was the only lone wolf. I always hear them say he's just too nice so the girls doesn't like him. What's wrong with being nice? I think it's better than a playboy, lying freak like Minhyuk. I never knew how Yuri dealt with all the rumours going around. Ughhh! Now I am ruining him in my mind. This is probably my way of coping he will never be mine.

 

"Oh! Hey Seohyun" Yonghwa smiles at me. All of them turned to look at me.

 

"Hey"I greeted back. He is the only one nice enough to actually talk to me. My brother and I were never close. I think it started when our parents got divorced. We kinda went our separate ways then. I was living with our dad and him with our mom. Now I am living with them again since I wanted to go to this specific high school. I continued to walk through them to my room. I saw Yoona, my brother's girlfriend, stand up and follow me. She has been trying to get closer to me and I was glad she did. It's more than what my brother is doing right now. I opened my room and it revealed a pink-walled, room.

 

"Hey Seohyun how was school?" Yoona says. She's the only one who knows I like, I mean liked, Minhyuk.

 

"He went to our art class. I saw her with him." Before I knew it tears were falling. I wanted to stop but when Yoona hugged me I couldn't. It felt like a big sister who's comforting her little sister.

 

"Sshhh. You'll get over him I promise. Just give it time" she says.

 

They broke up after two months of dating since Yuri couldn't take all the rumours anymore. After that, I became a lot closer to Yuri. I guess Yoona was right. Or I thought she was until Senior Year of High School.

 

"This is weird" I said as I sat in our living room, Yuri by my right and Minhyuk by my left.

 

"I uhhh. I guess I'll just say the news then" Yuri is sweating and Minhyuk as well. "We became close for the past two years and I couldn't be happier. I knew you liked Minhyuk so now I am telling you first" she started. I turned my gaze on Minhyuk and I could tel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter