Happy Birthday!

YongSeo one-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bright lights are pointing towards Seohyun as she poses for the photographer of the magazine she's covering for. She was chosen to be the cover along with her unnies as they are having a comeback this season. Seohyun is feeling exhausted due to the tighter schedule and more or less four hours of sleep she has been having. She sometimes tries to take naps during the ride in the van but it seems to be not enough. 

 

"Seohyun, take a break." the photographer seems to have noticed that she is feeling a bit tired and let her have some rest. "Please call Taeyeon next." the photographer ordered his assistant. The assistant nods as she follows Seohyun to their dressing room to call Taeyeon. Seohyun opens the door and reveals a very cheerful Tiffany and a laughing Taeyeon. She felt compelled to smile at her unnies since she feels like her tiredness could ruin their mood.

 

"Taeyeon, your next" Taeyeon almost jumped up from her chair as she feels very energetic this night. She taps Seohyun by her shoulder and told her that she did a great job. Although Seohyun was smiling it seems that the leader noticed how exhausted she is. Taeyeon comes out as the assistant closes the door behind her. Tiffany and Seohyun are left alone.

 

"So, what are your plans for tomorrow?" Seohyun was confused for a second until she realized the date. 

 

"Oh! Well, we're heading to New York tomorrow for KCON right? so I guess I'll just celebrate there with you guys" Seohyun says kind of oblivious of what the real intentions are why Tiffany was asking.

 

"Ahaha, yeah well I figured that much. I'm asking about you and your boyfriend. He's in New York too right?" Tiffany gave this teasing smirk as if asking for details.

 

"Yeah he is. He says he has a tight schedule but he reserved this restaurant for us to eat, and he was apologetic that that's the only thing he could do but considering our careers I am actually thankful that he found time on my actual birthday to celebrate" Seohyun gave this shy yet proud smile as she thinks of her boyfriend.

 

"I guess you have a point. You're done right?..with the photoshoot" Tiffany asks worriedly as Seohyun nods. "I asked Yoona to wait for you and give you a ride. She's waiting at the parking lot. I know how exhausted you have been these last few days. You deserve a rest" Tiffany took Seohyun's bag and gave it to her and pushes her out. Seohyun was too tired to even insist on staying so she headed to the parking lot. She was looking for Yoona's car but it wasn't anywhere until she sees a familiar guy. 

 

"Yonghwa!" she approaches her boyfriend as he takes her bag from her and embraces her.

 

"I've missed you so much" he says as he hugs her tighter and then releases her.

 

"Me too" Seohyun, although she wasn't still used to greetings as such, actually did it. Yonghwa got taken aback as he wasn;t expecting her to respond that way.

 

"Shall we go?" he asks as he gives her the smile that took her tiredness away. She nods as she heads for the passenger seat. They both entered the car and Yonghwa started the engine. "Ah! I still have your running shoes at the trunk of my car, you heels seems to be killing you, go check the trunk" Yonghwa gave his most innocent smile and Seohyun took the bait. She went at the back and opened the trunk. To her surprise, there was a blanket covering something underneath it. The blanket sent memories back when she hid in the van to surprise Yonghwa and she couldn't help but smile at the thought. She removes the blanket and balloons came out. Yonghwa took her laughter and amazement as a sign to come out as well. 

 

"It's currently.." Yonghwa looks at his watch and stares at Seohyun. "12:28 right now. Happy birthday my Seo Joohyun" he says as he takes out a huge teddy bear out of the car and flowers which was covered by the balloons. Seohyun felt her tears sting her eyes and tears are treathening to fall. She takes the bear who was almost as big as she, and smells the bouquet of roses. 

 

"Thank you" she thanks him as she struggles to wipe her tears away. Yonghwa caresses her cheek and helped her wipe her tears. "I didn't expect this. I thought you were at New York?" Seohyun finally realizes that Yonghwa wasn't supposed to be here.

 

"I couldn't just leave you lonely on your birthday can I? Of course I had to be the first to see and greet my girlfriend on her birthday" Seohyun gave a light chuckle as tears still are falling from her eyes. 

 

"You're the best. I'm really touched" Seohyun puts the bear and the flowers on the trunk and gives Yonghwa the biggest hug she could give.

 

"I already know that." Yonghwa gave this smug smile and Seohyun slaps his shoulder. He's always being smacked every time Seohyun is too happy. She leaves the bear in the trunk since it will take too much space if it is left inside and took the flowers with her. After twenty-two minutes, Seohyun realized there was letter buried inside the flowers.

 

"Oh! A letter!" Yonghwa smiles by himself as Seohyun takes it out and reads it quietly. Soon after, tears are falling down her cheeks again. "Ah, why are you making me cry a lot today" She asks rhetorically as she wipes away her tears. Yonghwa smiles at himself as a sign of being proud.

 

"It's the most important day of your life, that's why. It's because I wouldn't have met you if you weren't born today and I am always thankful to have met you" Yonghwa stops the car at the red light and turns to give Seohyun a warm smile. Seohyun smiles back. The rest of the time, Seohyun felt asleep.

 

"Seohyun. Seo Joohyun" Yonghwa whispers through her ears and sent electric shock throughout her skeletal system. Seohyun opens her eyes slightly and Yonghwa opened the car door for her. "We're here" he takes Seo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter