Belated Happy Valentine's Day

YongSeo one-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Valentine's Day. The most awaited day of the month for couples and the most dreaded day of the month for the broken-hearted. This consumer-oriented day is when most stores get their most sales aside from Christmas. Forgiveness is a five-star restaurant with the most praises and delicious food in the country owned by Seo Joohyun. Only the most popular and the rich could ever eat there, due to its expensive yet very satisfying food and great customer service. Hell, even the rich would be lucky to get a reservation there. Its high demand caused the restaurant to build three more restaurants in the country in its first year alone. Even with four restaurants, Valentine's day is still packed with people and people outside are trying to get lucky expecting someone not to show up for their reservation. Yonghwa's parents booked this day two years ago and even then, they were still on the waiting list.

 

"Yonghwa." His mom says and with that one word, the receptionist searches through her list online. With only a few presses on the keyboard, the woman finds that they indeed have a reservation and she tells her assistant to lead them to their table.

 

"This way please." the assistant says with her sincere smile although all of them knows she is not in a very good mood right now that it is valentines. Nevertheless, they followed the small woman and going past the hallway, they could see the panicking waitresses and waiters, trying to give orders here and there. Yonghwa sees the door of the kitchen opening, seeing the chef inside yelling at one of his assistants as he tries to fix the dish himself. It seems someone messed up.

 

"Wait here as I call a server for you. Here are the menus and I recommend going for the steak dishes. The owner herself has created most of them. Enjoy." Of course Yonghwa knew the owner has created them. He was there when she did. He noticed how different the restaurant's interior is now, or maybe he just was not used to the look anymore after not seeing it for four years. He saw the assistant take a glance at Yonghwa and she blushes. Yonghwa is an actor, and has even been recognized in Hollywood. He took a job of the new series they are creating, but as of now, it is still on hold because of some budgetary issues. Yonghwa's eyes roamed through the whole restaurant once more. He shifted from left to right on his leather bound chair and his eyes met hers. She looked as stunning as he remembers. He took in her beauty but was interrupted with a hand holding his. He looked at his left seeing that his girlfriend, Jiyeon, has been staring at him. She knows, he thought. And she is not very happy about it.

 

"how did you book a reservation? I heard it is really hard, especially on valentine's day." She asks, putting his mom on the spot. His mom took a glance at him and then to his girlfriend. She falsifies her best smile and answers.

 

"Oh, I know the owner. But that is not how I booked it. I wanted to be fair so I booked it like how others would." Yonghwa's girlfriend looks at him to confirm and he saw his mom roll her eyes at her, then looks at his dad as if mentally complaining to him. Yonghwa smiled at Jiyeon to let her know his mom is telling the truth.

 

"Well, I thought they have great customer service here but our server has not even come yet." She says aloud trying to let Seohyun know she's pissed. Yonghwa looked at Seohyun apologetically. He saw her eyes wander to every waitresses and waiters in the restaurant. Yonghwa followed every person she checked. That's when Yonghwa realized what she's doing and it is not good. She is trying to see if someone else is available to serve Yonghwa. There is no one. She took a really huge exhale and then starts to walk towards them. She puts on her fake smile as soon as she reached their table.

 

"Hello, what can I help you with?" she asks as Yonghwa's mom smiles sincerely.

 

"Seohyun! I haven't seen you in so long! How have you been?" she asks.

 

"I have been good omoni.” Seohyun smiles shyly and her eyes widens at the word slip. Calling Yonghwa's mother as omoni has been a habit she can't seem to stop. Jiyeon's ears perked up after hearing what she had just said. One of her eyebrows raised and she glared at Seohyun; however, Seohyun ignores her stare and takes a glance at Yonghwa. He probably doesn’t remember but the tie he is wearing right now is a gift for Yonghwa on their engagement party. Seohyun made it her mission to find that perfect tie for him. In the end, she had it custom made and it satisfied her greatly how the tie made Yonghwa even more charismatic than he already is.

 

"What is the best steak out of all of these steak dishes?" Jiyeon asks as she rolls her eyes at Seohyun intentionally showing her frustration.

 

"Garlic-rosemary steak." Yonghwa and Seohyun simultaneously answers. Seohyun's eyes showed softness. He still knows, she thought. Jiyeon looks at Yonghwa with annoyance palpable at her face. She raises an eyebrow at him and then turns toward Seohyun.

 

"I'll just have the grape and watercress salad with caraway and granola. She says closing the menu book loudly with a thump and then once more glares at Seohyun. "Also, give us your most expensive red wine." Seohyun furrows her eyebrows and then looks at Yonghwa. Yonghwa hates wine, especially red wines. Yonghwa smiles at her awkwardly as if trying to tell her to just get this over with.

 

"Anything else?" Seohyun turns towards the older couple and they both wanted to eat the steak she has just mentioned. She turns back towards Yonghwa as if asking what he wants.

 

"I'll have the glazed pork ribs please." Seohyun smiles at this. It has always been his favorite and she knew he would order this without even asking. "Also, I would have the spaghettini with garlic and dried chile." Seohyun then averts her eyes quickly from her notepad towards Yonghwa's eyes. That dish is made by Seohyun. It was inspired during their second ski trip when they were stuck in their villa due to a blizzard and Seohyun had to make a dish out of the little ingredients they have stocked. Yonghwa gives her a reassuring smile and his eyes are telling her that he still remembers.

 

"I'll be back with your complementary drinks." She smiles at Yonghwa and his parents and gave Jiyeon a fake smile. Seohyun exits and exhales a huge breath after she was sure she is out of their sight. She takes out a bottle of champagne and four glasses. She puts them all on the tray and takes out her notepad and gives the order to the chef.

 

"I will make all these personally." she exits the kitchen and gives them their complementary drinks. Usually she would give glasses of wine but she knows how Yonghwa hates it so she decided to give them champagne instead. Also, she thinks Yonghwa's love for champagne was passed on by his parents. She puts the alcoholic drink gently on the table, each glass to each person's right side and exits quietly, ignoring Jiyeon's glare. Then, she enters the kitchen. The head chef who is busy with the other orders ignores Seohyun. Seohyun smiles at her diligent chef and roams the kitchen comfortably, while getting her kitchen tools out. She grabs two steak meats, pork ribs and the salad vegetables. A chef comes near her and apparently he was sent by the head chef to give her a hand. She smiles as she told the chef to just rinse and prepare the vegetables for the salad and if Seohyun's hands are too full, he could even do the salad by himself. It's standard training really. They usually start doing salads and then they could help out the head chef on other dishes. It didn't take Seohyun too long until everything was finished. She hands each one of them their dishes and exits joyfully. Then, she decided to help out the kitchen since they really need help with a lot of dishes. She even thinks that the head chef has not gone on his break yet.

 

"I'll take over. You can rest." Seohyun says patting him in the back and smiling gently at him.

 

"It's fine. I'll just eat after my shift." He says. Seohyun was about to protest when she hears yelling outside. She removes her apron off and headed where the commotion is.

 

"Of course." she sighs and then gave her most forced smile in centuries. "What's the problem ma'am?" she asks as nicely as she could and the woman just glared at her.

 

"What kind of salad is this? The vegetables are not rinsed properly and the leaves are not even fresh!" she says gaining a lot of looks and a lot of camera flashes from other customers.

 

"I am so sorry. We'll give you another one." Seohyun apologizes as she takes the salad from her and eyes the leaves. They were rinsed properly and all the leaves are fresh. 'Damn that woman' she thought.

 

"No! Just give me the same dish as omonim is having." She said 'omonim' softly that it sounded like it did not come out of . Yonghwa's mother raised her eyebrow at her as if saying she did not have the permission yet to say that.

 

"Alright. It will be really quick." Seohyun smiles one more and heads to the kitchen.

 

"Oppa, can I steal that steak you just made? I bet the people who ordered would be willing to wait. My customer won't." she says and did not even wait for his yes. She just grabbed the plate and opens the kitchen door loudly. "Sorry for the wait." She says.

 

"What is this?" she stands up rapidly making her chair fall. "I asked for medium rare! This is almost well done!" She says and Seohyun has lost it. Usually these type of things happen a lot since her customers are very picky but not this much. This woman is doing it on purpose. Seohyun glares at Yonghwa and Yonghwa decides to interfere.

 

"Jiyeon calm down. Let's just go. Let's eat somewhere else.” Yonghwa was about to drag her when a very commanding voice has made their feet stay on the ground.

 

"I am so sorry but I cannot stay in the kitchen watching you harass my fiancé." he says. Standing up straight with his chest puffed up as if he is about to beat her the hell up.

 

"Who are you?" Jiyeon says in a disgusted manner.

 

"I am the guy who cooked the food you just trashed. For your information, I have studied in many countries: Italy, France, Russia, China, and many more. I have gained many certificates and named many of the most top rated foods in the whole world. The steak is not medium rare? I assure you that it is. If it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter