Broken

YongSeo one-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa woke up from the vibration of his phone from the bedside table. He slowly flutters his eyes open and then shut again until his eyes got used to the morning bright light. He grunts at the pain in his back from last night's shift.  He, then, remembers that someone had messaged him. He reached for his phone and soon unlocks it. Yonghwa reads the message and a smile slowly formed on his face.

 

"See you later." he replies. He got up from his bed and decided to jog today. For some reason he felt really energetic at the moment. He washes his face and changed into proper clothing. He puts his earphones on and jogged a whole kilometer. He passed by Seohyun's house and sees her coming back from a jog as well.

 

"Hey Hyun." he says with a wide grin.

 

"Yong. Sorry you have to take care of Soyeon tonight." She says apologetically as she removes one of her earphones from her ear.

 

"Oh no it's fine. I'll gladly take care of her whenever I could." Yonghwa opens the small gate for Seohyun as she lingers by the curb.

 

"Do you want to come in? I made hotcakes. I bet Soyeon would be happy to have breakfast with you." She presses something on her phone and then wraps her earphone cords around her phone. She goes through the gate and looks back to see if Yonghwa will agree.

 

"Of course. What are you doing tonight by the way? It's rare for you to go somewhere on a work day." Yonghwa asks as he follows her inside. He immediately smelled hotcakes, coffee, and a hint of maple syrup. His mouth drooled just by thinking about it.

 

"Oh, my mom has set me up on a date. I told her no a bunch of times but she just won't stop." Seohyun set up three plates on the table and put a hotcake on each. Yonghwa was quiet and only stood there. Seohyun continues to work around the kitchen and pours hot coffee on Yonghwa's mug and hers. She pushes Yonghwa on the chair as he gains back his consciousness.

 

"I see. What are you going to do if you like him?" He asks casually but his hands are shaking.

 

"I don't know. Date him I guess." Seohyun felt awkward talking about this with Yonghwa and just poured maple syrup on her hotcake and took a bite. Yonghwa was about to speak when a familiar small voice interrupted him.

 

"G'morning mom." she says sleepily as she rubs her eyes and her pink pajamas are being illuminated by sunlight.

"Good morning sunshine. Go take your seat and eat. We'll go see the movie you like after." Her eyes illuminated and she is fully awake now.

 

"Inside out? Really? Thanks mom!" she says and then looks beside her. Her eyes widened and she felt dumb not realizing Yonghwa's here. "Dad! You're here!" she jumps out of her chair and hugs her dad tightly.

 

"Good morning kiddo. Go eat your hotcake before dad gets hungry and eats yours too." He says as he slowly reaches out for her hotcake.

 

"No dad! That's mine!" she complains and held on to Yonghwa's arm to stop him. She quickly took her seat and took a big bite.

 

"Well I better go. You guys have fun." Seohyun wasn't sure if he was talking about the movie or the date. She could only hope it was the former.

 

"What about breakfast?" Seohyun asks as Yonghwa takes his phone from the table.

 

"Maybe next time. I took an earlier shift today so I could take care of Soyeon." Yonghwa stood up and kisses his daughter.

 

"Sorry about that. I owe you one." Seohyun says as she slowly sips her coffee.

 

"Oh don't worry about it. I love spending time with Soyeon. After all, I only have the weekends with her." He says and he was halfway out the door when he vaguely heard Seohyun thank him. He slightly smiles and then continued his jog home.

--

"Popcorn check. Movie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter